Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

24 minutes ago, Geeman said:

Who has the D1755?

beautiful_freak

I have been comtemplating it, but haven't bought cos I recently bought the D1728. Depending on his review, I might just get it

@broark good thing dood who owns this champloo must've sized up at least five on the waist! :D my size 33 champloos now measure 31 on the waist after three years and i have to wear em with the top two buttons undone, held up by my belt. hahaha.

15 hours ago, oomslokop said:

@broark good thing dood who owns this champloo must've sized up at least five on the waist! :D my size 33 champloos now measure 31 on the waist after three years and i have to wear em with the top two buttons undone, held up by my belt. hahaha.

Did you use the dryer or is it just from subsequent washings? My 32 sd-101 are pretty snug in the waist but they were one wash and I actually gave them another wash myself but haven't worn them yet. They aren't hard to button up but I definitely don't want the waist getting any tighter. 

On 10/10/2017 at 6:41 PM, oomslokop said:

On 10/11/2017 at 10:34 AM, Foxy2 said:

same, same - started wiith a W32 and had to size up (to no avail)...

(but I did size up more for the 2nd model!)

My 1st Oki-515 were W34, when I used to wear 32-33. 

They were already tight, deadstock dry, so I sold them the minute I got hold of a W36.  They’re a bit loose on me, but I guesstimated it’ll be a better drape after a few washes.

had a W32 in the Take5 version (with custom change regarding the back pocket embroidery) and swapped it with a W33 of the standard version, which is now "a bit tight" - might change (if I can be bothered) to a W34 if I come across one...

Oki-815 in W33 had been much more comfortable from the start (cut & sizing) - doubt it will require further sizing-up in the future.

Hey b-F, I’m trying to get an idea for my 1728 although I know shrinkage may be different for the two cottons, but maybe not too much difference.  Did you soak or wash, in hot, warm or cold water? 2” in the waist is more than I had anticipated! Thanks

9 hours ago, devilva said:

Hopefully the image isn't too big.. bought this 9776ID-U size S a couple of days ago in Tokyo. I'm usually S-M so found they are true to size and the quality is amazing.

tmp_8329-HdZ0ZfM1290192260.jpg

And looking great with your hardcore faded jeans!!!!!

As someone on reddit was a bit disappointed by my review I added little more description of the feel of the denim:

The denim has a very soft and slick feeling from the start. As I wrote it got crunchier after the wash but that feeling was lost quite quickly. The denim doesn’t have a rough hand, it also feels smooth, slick, “oily” when you touch it. But not in a way sanforized denim feels. However the fabric opened up after the wash and you can feel more texture. The twill direction is easy to spot and somehow it reminds me of my RJB 14oz Zimbabwe cotton denim, although that denim is LHT whereas the Suvin Gold denim is RHT. Still you have a noticeable vertical drop on the denim. It’s advertised as 15oz and I’d say it also feels as thick but it wears like a lighter denim.