Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

3 hours ago, Cucoo said:

Thanks Ruedi! You should get some century denim some time to put through your wear routine, I bet you'd get amazing results ;) The indigo dyed stitches on my jacket are already starting to fade in some places.

Yes I would really love to break in a jeans and a denim jacket from them to see their denim evo after 800-1000 wear days including used as an outdoor and work.clothes in the mountains and for forest work. I hust need several additional bodies to give all my raw denim items on my raw denim waiting list a chance to break them in.

As a slow fader I need obe nee jeans every second year only 

Big raw denim addict dilemma

• 2 weeks later...

^^LANCE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY WARRANTY OR OTHER OBLIGATION IF THE ALLEGED DEFECT IN THE PRODUCT DOES NOT EXIST OR THE DEFECT OR DEFECTIVE PERFORMANCE WAS CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY BUYER'S OR ITS CUSTOMERS (OR ANY THIRD PARTY'S) MISUSE, NEGLECT, IMPROPER INSTALLATION OR TESTING, UNAUTHORIZED ATTEMPTS TO REPAIR, OR BY ACCIDENT, FIRE, LIGHTNING OR OTHER HAZARD OUTSIDE LANCE'S CONTROL. :)

Looking good @Propellerbeanie. Rock them hard for ever

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak
Misspelling

Oh yeah, I was meant to provide some post-wash measurements so that people can have an idea of the expected shrinkage for the D1723 in size 30.

Pre-wash -> Post-wash

Waist 41cm -> 39.5cm

Front rise 28.5cm -> 27.5cm

Back rise 39.5cm -> 40cm

Thigh 31.5cm -> 31cm

Knee 23.5cm -> 22.5cm

Hem 22cm -> 21cm

Inseam 93cm -> 89cm

You'll probably notice that the back rise measurement has increased... I'm pretty sure I measured it correctly prior to washing, but not too sure. Has anyone experienced a back rise that has increased with wear or have I definitely written down the wrong thing lol

Got my D1728 today! Tried them on, and waist is good. The denim definitely has the feel of something special, can't wait to give them a machine wash to see how the denim turns out after that. Also looking forward to the fit after shrink on thigh and lower leg.

Gave my D1728 a 40 degree celsius machine wash, resulting in the legs shrinking nicely and the denim has softened up real nice. It feels good and I can't say i've come across any other denim that feels like this (yet). Another thing is that these feel instantly comfortable as soon as you wear them. Probably my second favourite denim in terms of feel.

I took post-wash measurements. In my haste to wash them, I forgot to take pre-wash measurements. I bought tag size 31.

Waist: 32 inches

FR: 10.5 inches
BR: 13.5 inches
Thigh: 11 inches
Knee: 7.5 inches
leg opening: 6.7 inches

IMG_20170423_134756.jpg
IMG_20170423_134852.jpg
IMG_20170423_135104.jpg

These are slim and there is tapering. Halfway between a slim straight and slim tapered fit? I will get these hemmed to take few inches off

Now I just need to figure out when i'm gonna put them in rotation. Definitely glad I bought these :D

Edited by Niro

I think as long as you don't size down you won't have problems with this fit, the top block and thighs are slim but not tight. I enjoy my pair a lot, it's true that they instantly feel like you've already worn them for a few weeks, but they're still rigid enough to get proper creases going.

9 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

Anyone planning on rocking the full Supima X Giza kit by getting the D4410? If they had a matching jacket for my D1723 then I would do it haha

Oh boy, here we go; thanks for pointing this out, propellerbeanie - I think.  I've been looking for a denim jacket for years; I'll have to take a look.

18 minutes ago, sk8eddie said:

I'm really interested in the Studio D'Artisan  SDA-103 jeans. I wonder how much they will shrink in the waist? I'm usually 30' in the waist, do I need to size up?

https://www.denimio.com/sizechart/index/chart/id/70/

Here is the size chart from denimio, check those measurements against your own. I use to use blue in the green soho measurements for sda but they have taken them down.