LFC4ever

Denimio gave me the following actual measurements for the D1728:

waist flat: 80cm
front rise: 28cm
upper thigh width: 32cm
inseam: 93.5cm
hem: 18.5cm
----------------------

From STUDIO D'ARTISAN official web site, the weist will shrink 3-4cm and length shrink 5-6cm.

Those aren't far off from the size chart on Denimio.

The hem is smaller than the hem on my Samurai X Denimio 710, which I find super weird, since all pics of those jeans don't seem to show that much taper. The top block on the other hand seems so roomy that I could probably get a 29 and have it fit like my F380 in 30 after a bit of stretch.

Yeah :D I'll think about if I just want to risk it and trust that after hemming I still could pull them over my taller boots (I hate owning jeans that I can't wear with all my boots). I've recently received a gift card for Denimio that is burning a hole in pocket so I'm more or less just looking for things to buy that I don't actually need ;) 

:D Well it was a slow day at work, so I had time to think ;) I hope so too, but I'm also sure that I can recuperate some of the cost if they shouldn't work out for me. (Also I was on a bit of a spending spree throughout March anyways, so why stop now)

Got the SDA D5335 shirt from Pants Shop Avenue yesterday. Very happy with the shirt and the service at PSA.

The shirt fits my body better than the IH dble indigo denim work shirt, which I'm therefore going to sell I think.

My SDA D1723 jeans and B-83 belt in black came in the mail today. The jeans are currently in the wash, but here are the prewash measurements for the size 30 measured BiG style. I'll enter the postwash measurements when they've dried, and for reference, I put my jeans into a hot machine wash to shrink.

Prewash SDA D1723 size 30:

Waist 41cm (16.1")

Front rise 28.5cm (11.2")

Back rise 39.5cm (15.6")

Thigh 31.5cm (12.4")

Knee 23.5cm (9.3")

Hem 22cm (8.7")

Inseam 93cm (36.6")

Hopefully I'll be able to post some detail and fit pictures of both items, but for now, just use your imagination...

Edited by propellerbeanie

Wearing my D1728 right now - received and washed yesterday, but they dried surprisingly fast :) I'll take some (fit) pics and measurements later, here's my first impressions so far:

- certainly pretty tapered, at least more than a Samurai 710 in the same size. I have no idea why you would call these a slim straight

- I don't really care though :D They fit and look great

- Really soft. Pulling them out of the machine after a 40° wash and slow rpm spin cycle didn't feel like any other raw unsanforized jeans I ever had. Probably less starch in them, too. They still felt pretty crisp, but not hard at all. In fact they're so soft that they didn't even keep sharp folding creases like you see most of the time, they pretty much went away on their own just from pulling them in shape and putting on a hanger.

- They fit really TTS. They've been comfy from the second minute. The taper is pretty strong from the knee on down, but now that the fabric had a few hours to settle, I'm pretty satisfied with the fit. I'll wear them a few days before I decide how much to get them hemmed, wearing with a sloppy triple folded cuff right now.

Here's a quick and dirty fit pic from earlier today.

2017-03-30_08_24_03.jpg

@Cucoo I just looked up the pair you have, and is Giza cotton the Egyptian version of Supima? From what little information I've read, I can imagine that they're really soft. Despite not being a big fan of slim tapered fits, I think those look pretty groovy on you. I'm still waiting for my D1723 to dry so I can trot around in them too.

Thanks! What I know is only from the SDA blurb, so yeah, those are like the two longest cotton types so softest, too. Denimio calls these "THE WORLD'S THREE MAJOR COTTON JEANS" but I have no idea what the third type would be, probably a typo.

By the way, Denimio also calls these "low rise" but no, not all. I'll measure them tonight but the rise fits like on the higher side of medium on me. Also, the top block and thighs aren't overly slim either, definitely more roomy right of the bat than the 21oz Samurai S5000vx or the SamXDMO 710 I have.

SD1728 Pre wash:

waist flat: 40cm

front rise: 28cm

upper thigh width: 32cm

inseam: 93.5cm

hem: 18.5cm

Post wash and a full day of wear:

waist flat: 39cm
front rise: 26cm
thigh: 29cm
inseam: 88cm
hem: 17,5cm

I can probably stand to lose at least 10cm of inseam before cuffing which will bring the hem up to 18cm and make for a cleaner look with a small double cuff instead of the big-ish triple cuff I do right now. The top block measurements are pretty much identical to my favorite cut, TFH F380, yet the rise feels higher on these. Inseam shrunk by 5,5cm which matches official SDA numbers of 5-6cm - I have no idea if they have some shrink left in them or not.

Here's two more fit pics from later today. The back pockets are spaced pretty far apart as I do notice now. Also a few detail shots.

2017-03-30_12_33_41.jpg

2017-03-30_12_36_49.jpg

DSC00936.JPG

DSC00937.JPG

DSC00939.JPG

DSC00940.JPG

I love your great looking outfit @cucoo

9 hours ago, serotonin flood said:

@kukupoint Where do I get a waist limiter? 

I apologize for the offtopic,or remove.    For example, any hardware store,buy a reversible clamp (just below the length of the rail was enough for your waist),remove both parts and install them on the opposite side (unclamping).All.

d466c791ca14.jpg
I do easier know-how of all times and peoples 2a1c148e96b9.jpg 1651ae787e06.jpg

Met special products on eBay or on other sites....it's a disposable toy...crumbling waste of money.
Edited by kukupoint

10 hours ago, swiss-jeansfreak said:

I love your great looking outfit @cucoo

Thanks Ruedi! You should get some century denim some time to put through your wear routine, I bet you'd get amazing results ;) The indigo dyed stitches on my jacket are already starting to fade in some places.