Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

16 hours ago, bradl said:

I would love to find another pair of x-33 in a 33, if anyone has one feedstock, hmu

id assume the only person who does is foxy, and doubt he'd part with it

Sorry to disappoint - didn't get get one way back then, but if I would have I'd be happy to with for you.

6 hours ago, lance said:

Niro, yes, I think it's more a straight cut with not much taper and a medium rise at about 28 cm (11 inches) post soak. But my "wish list" of post soak dimensions may be just that as this cotton is an unknown.I'm dreading the soak at this point! If I lose much more than 2.5 cm in the rise and 3/4 that in the leg, the jeans will be uncomfortable for me. I think the thigh might be important to you as well since the raw dimension of my size 36 is 35 cm (14 inches). I don't know what size you take but 35 cm raw does not seem to be consistent with a tight, straight fit. Sorry, it's late and I'm rambling incoherently at this point but I am hoping to lose not more than 1 inch in the rise and 0.8 inches in the knee; this may be a fantasy on my part. This too may be a cut more suited to you than to me but I bought them knowing the post soak dimensions could be uncomfortably tight for me because I couldn't pass up this cotton. May be a quick,  discounted sale so if you like the post soak dimensions of a size 36, stay tuned!

I will stay tuned for your post soak measurements to see how much they shrink. 

8 hours ago, bradl said:

X's-33 update

Wow, I love your strong denim evo Bradl!!!

Here is a photo of my PBJ Ai-001 showing the "fuzzy clumps" I was referring to on the previous page. You can see the underlying texture which is fine but those clumps! I wore them a lot until these things became more pronounced. Possibly the newer iterations of their Ai denim wear differently but I like your SDA's much better Foxy2.

IMG_0169.JPG

Makes me think of a moth eaten rug!

16 hours ago, lance said:

Here is a photo of my PBJ Ai-001 showing the "fuzzy clumps" I was referring to on the previous page. You can see the underlying texture which is fine but those clumps! I wore them a lot until these things became more pronounced. Possibly the newer iterations of their Ai denim wear differently but I like your SDA's much better Foxy2.

IMG_0169.JPG

Makes me think of a moth eaten rug!

Looks like ostrich leather - nice for a small item to display an interesting surface character, but ugly as a whole.

other, older iterations of this denim are/were slubby, too - but never to the extend of showing fully blown knots like yours.

I don't have a more recent picture, but here is my AI-002...

IMG_3801.JPG

Looking great Foxy2!!'

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome denim evo indeed 

JDelage

I got caught in the sashiko hype too, received the SDA sashiko vest via Denimio today. Crap picture, but a really nice piece. Fully lined and a bit heavier and warmer than I thought it would be (not meant as a criticism). Measurements in a 38 are exactly how I want a vest to fit, same as with SDA T-Shirts I find their stuff fits me great - not too tight and length is good.

2017-03-13_18_27_03.jpg

4 hours ago, Cucoo said:

I got caught in the sashiko hype too, received the SDA sashiko vest via Denimio today. Crap picture, but a really nice piece. Fully lined and a bit heavier and warmer than I thought it would be (not meant as a criticism). Measurements in a 38 are exactly how I want a vest to fit, same as with SDA T-Shirts I find their stuff fits me great - not too tight and length is good.

2017-03-13_18_27_03.jpg

BOW used to have this, but their sizing was way too small. I'm pretty average in the ht/wt department 

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on how the D1728 shrinks? Some Rakuten shop said 3-4cm in the waist... I'm really intrigued by these, I'm just afraid the hem would end up too small for my liking, but that would be before hemming... how strong is the taper from knee down? It seems hardly noticeable in pictures.

For reference, I'm a size 30 and I like slim-straight cuts. Thighs are usually no problem for me. Leg opening of 19-20cm (around 8") is what I consider perfect.

I guess I should ask Denimio to measure a pair for me.

^^ I am waiting for info on post soak shrinkage as well, Cucoo, before I soak my pair. My size 36" raw knee measures 9.5" - 9.6", 14" down from the crotch and the leg opening is 8.25" - 8.5". I think they are a tight straight fit. I expect the size 30 leg opening will be less than mine raw so it is likely post soak size 30 will be less than 8". Naoki at pants-shop-avenue.com is also a good source but the last time I asked him for shrinkage info he gave me the party line/Rakuten estimates. As I re-read my post, I see there is no definitive info other than my raw measurements which will at least give you an idea of taper/no taper. I have not yet soaked mine because if real life post soak info on shrinkage shows too much loss in the leg, I'll put them up for sale (sadly). If I see post soak measurements for any size, I'll post them and expect you will too.

edit - I don't belong to another denim site but there may be actual shrinkage dimensions elsewhere. Does anyone have suggestions as to another denim site to view?

Edited by lance

I tried searching a while ago about the D1728, but only found couple old threads on reddit, and those were made in january before the jeans release. Nothing to do with measurements. I like to think my google-fu is decent, but i couldnt find anything else.

I prefer tapered, but can also work with a tight straight fit. I was quite keen on these, but i'm now into wearing my rjb pair and just bought an iron heart pair. I could buy a pair and save it for the future like a collector

From what I can see they're a bit more tapered than e.g. my TFH F380 (since I love how they fit me I compare all other jeans to those measurements), but still far from a "really tapered" cut. My usual size 30 should work though. I'll have to decide if trusting that once they're hemmed the leg opening will be fine for me is worth the risk...

Edited by Cucoo

1 hour ago, lance said:

edit - I don't belong to another denim site but there may be actual shrinkage dimensions elsewhere. Does anyone have suggestions as to another denim site to view?

About my message ? do not open the link or what ?

@Niro Sorry I can't give you post soak measurements as I had thought. They are just too close to being too tight for me to soak before having an idea of shrinkage. But if they can work for you, the details and cotton are well worth it; become a one jean collector!

@Cucco One more measurement which might help you. I just measured 4" up from finished hem and only gained 0.25" in width so there won't be much help post soak.

3 minutes ago, kukupoint said:

About my message ? do not open the link or what ?

Hey kukupoint - I didn't quite understand it but having re-read, I guess the three measurements are (for size 33 waist) raw and then two shrinkages? If that's it, thanks for the info, very helpful.

1 hour ago, lance said:

@Niro Sorry I can't give you post soak measurements as I had thought. They are just too close to being too tight for me to soak before having an idea of shrinkage. But if they can work for you, the details and cotton are well worth it; become a one jean collector!

@Cucco One more measurement which might help you. I just measured 4" up from finished hem and only gained 0.25" in width so there won't be much help post soak.

ah no worries man. It was your posts on the jeans that got me interested in the first place, otherwise i was just going to pass these over.

39 minutes ago, kukupoint said:

initial measurements/bathtub with hot water/washing machine 60 degrees. (in the waist limiter), W33

Hi Kukupoint, would you be able to share the measurements here as well please :)

Studio D'Artisan D1728 The world's three major cotton jeans size 33

Bought in https://www.denimio.com/studio-d-art...ton-jeans.html

Initial measurements / bathtub with hot water / washing machine 60 degrees,no spin (in the waist limiter)

W - 44 - 44 - 44
HIP - 56 - 54,5 - 54
FR - 28,5 - 28 - 27
BR - 38 - 37 - 36
TH - 33,5 - 32,5 - 32
TH_ 5см-31,5 - 30,5 - 30
TH_10см - 29 - 28 - 27,5
KN - 23,5 - 23 - 22,5
LO - 19,5 - 19 - 18,5
IN - 93,5 - 91,5 - 89

Growth 176, weight - 87

Overview after shrinkage http://forum.watch.ru/showthread.php?p=4236251#post4236251