Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Someone's gotta do low rise though, right? 

I just remember trying on some SDA jeans in Take 5 once and the legs on more than one model of 33 were so tight I couldn't get them past the knee. Had to go up to a 36 just to get the jeans on. Definitely not made for my huge muscular legs. ;)

Yes, they were and super tight?? put me off at first but the dimensions do not seem that bad. I have dimensions from Naoki for size 36 raw as follows. Waist 94 cm (37 in), front rise 30 cm (11.8 in), thigh 35.5 cm (13.9 in), leg opening 21.5 cm (8.5 in) and inseam 95 cm (37 in). Unless there is a ton of shrinkage, these raw dimensions seem reasonable. I have an email to Naoki from this morning asking for the 14 in down from crotch measurement to see if the leg is super tight at the knee; the thigh certainly is not. Am I missing something?? Do you guys know the post soak expected measurements or is the knee dimension, which I do not yet have, what makes this a super tight cut? I'd like your opinions since I do not wear tight jeans and hate to waste my money. Thanks

edit: looking further, Kiya, who apparently now has the Studio D' Artisan account, lists shrinkage for the 107 as follows - These jeans are made of unsanforized denim, when washed the denim will shrink 1" in the waist, 2.5" in the length (inseam), and approximately .3" in the thigh/knee/leg opening/rise. Since the knee dimension for size 36 107 is 9.4 inches, that would make the knee about 9 inches with a leg opening of 8 inches so there is a strong taper from a 14 inch thigh. There may be a possibility that the ELS cotton will shrink differently; I'll have to find out. Foxy2, you mentioned above that SDA and PSA sometimes tweak measurements so possibly one or both have done so with this jean. At any rate, it would be unfortunate if SDA wasted beautiful cotton on a super tight cut!

Edited by lance

The 107 is a slim cut but I don't find the knee restrictive, it's actually my favourite cut. No offense to Kiya / Self Edge but isn't that the generic shrinkage advice they list against all their raw offerings?

As opposed to specific to the 107?

Yeah got mine raw. If I recall the waist does come up a little smaller than the tag size. The shrinkage wasn't massive but I can't recall the actual measurements.

BiG were pretty accurate measurements, I remember comparing them when I bought them to their chart. Like I say though the waist did come up a bit tighter.

Anyone seen their new Sashiko shirts? They look pretty good, and sashiko seems to be the rage at the moment, so I ordered the white one off okayama denim.

No clue on the quality of their shirts, so looking forward to getting hold of it

5 hours ago, Geeman said:

... No offense to Kiya / Self Edge but isn't that the generic shrinkage advice they list against all their raw offerings?

Not exactly, from what I've looked at. I thought the very same thing. Different brands/denims shrinkage advice is not always the same. But I don't know how accurate it is for each model in each denim of each brand. I'd be a bit skeptical, as I've found their measurements to not be accurate on some jeans I've purchased on-line. 

5 hours ago, Niro said:

Anyone seen their new Sashiko shirts? They look pretty good, and sashiko seems to be the rage at the moment, so I ordered the white one off okayama denim.

No clue on the quality of their shirts, so looking forward to getting hold of it

I saw those too. I think they look great. If they're anything like their jeans, they'll be made very well. Pls post pics/info when you get it. 

I am certainly curious about the D1728 denim - I would expect it to shrink differently than SDA's standard denim...

the 107 cut is slim and tapered - it's not for me.

having said that, I have to admit that I just bought SDA's X's-37

I was intrigued by it's new denim and went with PSA's version (X's-37T) since Naoki mentioned that he asked for a few pattern changes.

not owning a 107 cut I think it's basically a 107 cut with straight legs and, maybe, some additional changes in the rise.

will have to take some pics over the weekend...

Well, the knee of the D1728 14 inches from the crotch measures 9.6 inches raw, likely 9.2/9.3 inches post soak. These dimensions are very similar to Kiya's collab with Dry Bones. Damn, still leaves me undecided; great cotton, iffy fit. Foxy2, how do you like the fit and comfort of the 37T?

10 hours ago, lance said:

Well, the knee of the D1728 14 inches from the crotch measures 9.6 inches raw, likely 9.2/9.3 inches post soak. These dimensions are very similar to Kiya's collab with Dry Bones. Damn, still leaves me undecided; great cotton, iffy fit. Foxy2, how do you like the fit and comfort of the 37T?

I have the X's 37 Dirt Blue Christmas Edition jeans in a size 36 and the fit is great.  The details on this jean are awesome.  I bought mine from Okayama Denim.  As a reference I'm 6'3" 205 lbs.  My favorite fitting jeans would probably be my Iron Heart - 555-01's  (size 36) but these SDA's are very nice.

Got the Sashiko shirt today (gotta love Japan Post!). It is one awesome shirt! Looks and feels great, nice and thick. My first SDA shirt, and if all their shirts are this high quality, then will not be my last. I'm even considering getting the light blue one.

I got size 38. Fit is not perfect but good enough for me.

IMG_20170206_200325.jpg

IMG_20170206_200405.jpg

Edited by Niro

Thanks =)

It is not as thick as the Iron Heart ultra heavy flannel, but it is towards that scale of thickness. I really hope the blue one in size 38 sells out, so the temptation is removed.