Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

SD-001 (if you can find them) are a similar cut, although you may need to size down one, in a 14oz left hand twill.

EDIT: This is the only place I know that still has the 001: http://www.jeans-izumi.co.jp/products/detail40.html

Edited by Maynard Friedman

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, still not super clear. Their page shows exactly the same measurements as SD-101, which makes no sense if it's a different cut....

According to the blog post below, it's a line that will not be available through retailers (if Google translate got that right...)

http://www.dartisan.co.jp/library/library_21/

Take this with a grain of salt since it's Denimio, but they have them as slightly higher rise than the 103, and a slightly smaller hem width. They look to be somewhere in between the 107 and 103 with a higher rise than both and a similar thigh to the 103 Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi does anyone have an SDA t shirt in xl,? Just wondering what the fits like. Im around a 41 chest and i'm hoping it fits as ive ordered one of these https://www.denimio.com/studio-d-artisan-9807a-print-short-sleeve-t-shirt-white-gold-navy-black.html#

I sold my XL tshirt "sea bees" back in October. They fit like a size medium lol and probably have a 17-18cm shoulder length. Willing to bet the chest size is really 38-40cm. Very tight in the shoulders and chest which didn't fit me overall. I fit great in Dubbleworks size XL tshirts as far as comparison (Dubbleworks shoulder is usually 19cm with a 42-44cm sizing in the chest. I feel your pain regarding fitting into Japanese XL shirts.

Edited by mlwdp

Thanks for your reply. Luckily the t shirt fitted petty good,slightly small around the chest but hopefully it'll stretch out a little bit.

SDA, in general, always does runs small in sizing on their shirts and tshirts. I stay away from their shirts as I would need to fit into a 19.1-20in in shoulder length or a 52-53.5cm.

I typically buy only Ai dyed/plant indigo dyed denim but very much appreciate fine cotton. Supima is ELS and depending on which Giza they use, likely it is too. SDA has managed to make a 15 oz denim from very fine (thin), long staple cotton. And, from the look of the photos, the denim is soft, heavy and should wear and age beautifully. So, thanks for the heads up, b_F, much appreciated. As usual, you are ahead of the curve!

Very interesting read, Paul, thanks. Couple more details: the denim is raw, even so, looking at the pics it seems very luxurious and soft no doubt due to the ELS cotton; Supima is used for the warp, Giza for the weft. Now I'll stop nerding on these jeans - to everyone's relief!

2 minutes ago, werd said:

103s after a year. Color is less grey and more blue IRL. Washed every week for the first 6 months or so, then less frequent.

IMG_3086.JPG

IMG_3088.JPG

Machine wash?  Also was your pair originally a one wash or raw?

SD-101, plenty of wear (in rotation) and washes over the 7 years I've had them, although they haven't been worn in over a year as the knees are dangerously thin. I bring them back into rotation for kneeling-free activities though!

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

IMG_3287.JPG

IMG_3288.JPG

37 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

SD-101, plenty of wear (in rotation) and washes over the 7 years I've had them, although they haven't been worn in over a year as the knees are dangerously thin. I bring them back into rotation for kneeling-free activities though!

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

IMG_3287.JPG

IMG_3288.JPG

What size brother? And measurements pleAse

• 2 weeks later...

I caved and picked up a pair of Studio D'Artisan Nep Denim Jeans that was made for Self Edge (model D1714 w/ no crotch rivet). I got a size 29 and put it through a warm machine wash. Measurements for those interested:

Waist: 31-->29.5in at first and now it's at about a 30in

Thigh: 11.8in --> 11.2in

Knee: 8.6-->8.1in

Hem (@29inch inseam): 7.8in

Front Rise: 10.75-->10.2in

Back Rise: 15.2-->14.7in

Inseam: 36.5-->34

The denim is super dark and almost looks black. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this pair ages. 

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1786.jpgIMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

Edited by youngofthesoonest

I give up on SDA jeans.  The rises are just too low for me.  I recently bought a pair of 36 SDA_101 as a cheap kick around denim from Denimio and the rise is like .5" lower than stated.  So if anyone wants a size 36 SD-101 never worn (washed and hemmed) lemme know