Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

I think they fit you absolutely great. Keep wearing them and you'll get used to the wide hem!

I know it's a bit of a stupid advice...it remembers my late uncle who insisted to make and drink his own (terrible) farmer style red wine. He kept telling me for years "once you get used to it it's the best drink!".

I personally don't like the look of the moc toe boots with wide leg jeans but you'll easily find other shoes that work nicely. Chucks will look great w those 101's.

#oot you know @setterman, with your current preference for comfy waist and thigh + taper to a smaller leg opening, i think you'd probably love the fit on rising sun's blacksmith. i know i do. of course you'd be underwhelmed by the cone denim, but if i could get the blacksmith in samurai, fc, sc, wh, sda denim, etc. i'd hardly wear anything else! 

I see self edge is carrying SDA too according to Andrews Instagram.

True! We just received our first shipment at SELA as well. The loopwheled sweatshirt we're carrying is unbelieveable. Obviously, the jeans speak for themselves. 

Got a pair of SD-103s over the weekend, sized up 1 from my usual. Put them through a quick warm rinse and left 'em to dry in the sun—still, it seems they have a bit more shrinkage left. I really like how they're falling so far, but damn, I was not prepared at all for how dense and unbreathable this fabric is. Still, not bad for a day of recovery (screwed up my hand and stepped on a nail while in the forest yesterday!) Here's a quick fit pic:

jdj.jpg

Hi guys, right now im wearing SDA 101s and SC 1947s.  I've never been one to not wash for a long time. I rotate the two jeans I'm wearing right now and wear each around 3 days each per week and have washed when they felt grimey, which was around 2-3 months usually. So that makes it right around 30-40 wears each before washing. Now, the SC 1947s have been progressing nicely in the 7 or so months i've been wearing it. The SDA, on the other hand, has been a really slow fader. Would SDA 10x denim benefit from more frequent washing (like once every 15 wears maybe?). Im not really into super high contrast fades, Im just kinda stumped by the 10x denim since it has maintained the hairiness even after a soak and around 3 washes.

Just keep wearing them and wash them whenever you want to. I will post pictures of my 101s after their next wash. They have probably 1-1.5 years actual wear over a 5 year period, with about 8-10 washes. The crotch has been repaired and the knees are about to go through. The denim is not hairy at all now, it's very smooth, more like a sanforized pair.

Beautiful pair Maynard.

A lot of people seem to get discouraged if they don't get those fast Samurai fades. Maynards pair, the TCB contest and prior Ooe contest definitely proves what fantastic fades you can get in 1,5 year even though there's barely any evo showing at the 6 months mark.

At least I feel like we're moving in the right direction! 

Cheers fellas,

Photos were taken this afternoon. I've been wearing them for the last few days after neglecting them for the best part of a year. I prefer a slightly narrower hem and the knees are dangerously close to wearing through but the denim is worth the effort. I think they're more faded in reality than those pictures suggest.

Great pair maynard! I will just continue with wearing my pair and washing when it feels dirty already. With my past jeans i noticed that after around 3 washes and 6 or so mo. Of wear the fading accelerates. Sda seems to take twice as long and everything seems so well made. No broken stitches at this point for me which is a welcome surprise!

Great pair maynard! I will just continue with wearing my pair and washing when it feels dirty already. With my past jeans i noticed that after around 3 washes and 6 or so mo. Of wear the fading accelerates. Sda seems to take twice as long and everything seems so well made. No broken stitches at this point for me which is a welcome surprise!

Yeah, agree w/ consensus re:10x denim ... It's a slow ride, so just take it easy.

IMO, wabi-sabi on the 1st year, of effective wear.

Will post pix of my 101 when I get the chance.

Yup.. Paper patch, straight leg with a little taper, 14oz unsanforized, no hidden rivets.  Basically SDA's take on a '66.