Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

hmm maybe it just needs some breaking in. This is the first time  I have hot soaked and did an soapless wash for agitation so I am thinking it is just extra shrunk. 

The 10x denim feels really warm though, more so than my other 14oz or so denim. These will stink extra fast lol

Guys, i tried the 14oz one wash 107 on in 33 and 32. (Thanks take5 HK, good service)

on the 33 the thighs were good, the waist too roomy.

on the 32 the thighs were juuuuust too tight, but the waist perfect.

How much does the fabric give in the thighs? I could really use the .25 inch difference on the leg,

Guys, i tried the 14oz one wash 107 on in 33 and 32. (Thanks take5 HK, good service)

How much does the fabric give in the thighs? I could really use the .25 inch difference on the leg,

Why not just avoid stretching into a smaller size and get a different fit in a 32? No need to force yourself into their slim tapered fit. A looser fit doesn't necessarily mean a baggy fit if you have the frame for it. I say return both and get a fit that works for your body.

or just wear a belt with the 33. with frequent washing a little room in the waist isn't a bad thing.

Edited by nycsurfer530

You won't get any noticeable shrinkage as they are 1 wash so I'd stick with the 32. SDA do take a bit of wear to stretch but they will get there. If you are only talking 0.25 you'll get that with some wear. On the subject of Oni, you will find the taper more pronounced than SDA, the thigh is roomy compared to the knee and hem and obviously you're getting lots of slub, but the SDA in my opinion are a far better quality jean and will be going a long time after the Oni have disintegrated.

• 2 weeks later...

Get to wear my summer & DWCS pair (D1596, less than 11oz in 101 cut) for 2 weeks while on beach vacation here in Thailand...

image_zpsssdln04p.jpeg

image_zpsyerkpqyo.jpeg

image_zpsxxp13cky.jpeg

image_zpse8uc5rqp.jpeg

Edited by Foxy2

Seen on Denimio, these are hilarious:

MK004WH_1.jpg

MK004WH_2.jpg

MK002WH_1.jpg

MK002WH_2.jpg

curious if these prints are legal outside of japan....

i've heard that Toys McCoy's isn't allowed to sell his stuff with Felix the Cat and Mickey Mouse prints outside of japan.

anybody willing to swap his SD-101 in a size 33 for my size 31?

pm me for measurements and pics! would love to get the chance to wear this denim is a size that fits me!

i've heard that Toys McCoy's isn't allowed to sell his stuff with Felix the Cat and Mickey Mouse prints outside of japan.

In regards to Walt Disney - it's pretty normal to buy the license rights only for the market(s) a company sells to.

Buying international or global rights is often expensive and complicated (often the rights for specific countries are already owned by other companies).

Since SDA's recent Mickey Mouse and Felix tees have/had additional counterfeit labels I think it's save to assume that they bought the license right for the Japanese market.

Their exposure in the Japanese market is too big to go unnoticed by Walt Disney and other license owners.

Don't think that SDA is selling more than 1-2% internationally and they can always exclude these specific items. What the retailers do is often outside of SDA's hands (which doesn't mean it's OK)...

Edited by Foxy2

It's not terribly international, but these shirts were on sale at Take 5 here in Taiwan. 

Nice!! What made you finally jump on them?

After the Roys came out in a cut I had been asking for for years, and I realized I didn't even really care/want them, I reevaluated the type of jeans I should buy... The way I see it, in terms of normal ol' jeans, there is not going to be a pair I like better faded than FH/RJB, so I'm not going to buy any more normal jeans that aren't from those two brands.

That said, these SDA are made out of a type of denim I'm fairly confident neither FH nor RJB would make (hank dyed/natural indigo) and in a cut that seems like it would work for me (also hard to find). Plus, I bought them from denimio so it's literally the least expensive they can be had for, and there are free returns to boot. Figured the stars had all aligned!

I'm really excited, it's hard to buy jeans when I don't want to wear any new ones yet, but I know that if these fit I will have been kicking myself down the road when they sell out!

Good for you Ben! 

The denim is amazing, as are the details and construction. Whether you like them or not is a matter of personal preference. 

I'm interested to see how you like the fit. I find them pretty tight in the hips and low rise after washing. Like ball crusher low rise. They shrunk a lot. The waist band sits right at my hip bones and the crotch is tight to my junk. I find it odd that the fly is four button, but the bottom of the fly is very close to the crotch seam. 

I've worn mine a few days on and off, and they have stretched out a bit to the point where they are reasonably comfortable in the waist, but the rise has not. 

Keep us posted. mpp

^ confirmed.

It turned out borderline - a typical 103 with a little too much shrinkage for the front & back rise.

Still liking it and the denim is outstanding.

Too bad PSA couldn't make a SDA-Wrangler-special: old-man-rise & additional belt loops...