Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

It's important to remember that we all have a right to be offended even if we really aren't! Most people on here are fairly savvy and not deliberately provocative or offensive. We can probably end the extra-curricular lectures here, surely.

It has reminded me to read 'Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee' though. Is this still recommended?

Guys, I feel duty bound to tell you that you're all completely misusing the internet here. If you disagree with each other don't be polite about it, call each other all the names under the sun and neg rep like crazy.

Chicote is smashing the debate anyway so you may as well finish.

Duly noted, Unders.

@Aries: Yeah, you read that right, Jenny. Or should I say, beta bucks white knight. It's funny, when men don't feel the need to ingratiate themselves with green-haired 5s, they get to say what's really up.

We've veered from the topic, so we can jive talk somewhere, man.

Edited by Iron Horse

Guys, I feel duty bound to tell you that you're all completely misusing the internet here. If you disagree with each other don't be polite about it, call each other all the names under the sun and neg rep like crazy.

Chicote is smashing the debate anyway so you may as well finish.

Brilliant. Anyway guys back to SDA.......

Brown Metallica,  lovely. Hope that's how my SDA end up

@Aries: Yeah, you read that right, Jenny. Or should I say, beta bucks white knight. It's funny, when men don't feel the need to ingratiate themselves with green-haired 5s, they get to say what's really up.

I've no idea what the majority of that means, so er, I'm out. Hopefully you get over your weird misogyny/general dismissal of people different than yourself some day dude, because other than that you've got pretty great taste in denim.

BrownMetallic - Amazing. Where'd you get the leather wallet chain? And can we get pics of the back if you have time?

Fall Anticipation:

StudioDArtisan XXXJ-2 Type1 15oz Natural Indigo Dyed, Dry Deadstock

Momotaro MJ2103 Type2 O/W 14.7oz "Copper Label" Denim

1B5AC971-4AD9-45F0-8328-8FC6B669D6C8.jpg

Last iPhone snaps before the soak:

'Took me 2yrs just to bank a few ataris on the Momo Copper Label denim__ it'll prolly be an even longer while before I get a decent crocking on this :)

2CB0AEC1-A6C6-47C0-A892-1FE86E39AE17.jpg

xxxJfastners.jpg

ED963790-3B7D-4E96-A2A6-9E4DD427694A.jpg

xxxJpatch_inpocket.jpg

xxxJbutton.jpg

CD61641A-7074-4ADD-92EA-275A2BEE4F9D.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

@lance__ from what I gathered from previous [Japanese] owner it's a deadstock from a very limited run, circa 1996. I tried to google search for more details on the model, but came up nothing__ other than a couple eBay auctions Foxy mentioned.

Incidentally, there is 1 on eBay right now going for cheap. It's exactly like mine in size L ... w/c u may want to check out ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic

My SDA 101 just arrived and would just like to verify the shrinkage. In the BiG site, the raw size 33 SD101s had a waist of 34 and an inseam of 35. The one wash version had a waist of 31.5 and an inseam of 34. Is this consistent with your actual experiences with the 10x denim?

With the other Raw denim I purchased, I usually got 2 inches of shrinkage in the inseam and around 1 inch in the waist but with this 101, it seems a little off with the waist shrinking 2.5 inches and the inseam only an inch.

That sounds about right. I have 2 pairs of 101s in size 32 - 1 is well-worn and 1 still raw. The raw pair measure about 33.5" in the waist and the old ones are about 30-31" after a wash but stretch to 32" fairly quickly and then to about 33.5" not so quickly! The inseam may shrink a further inch - I think mine shrank from 35" to 33" and then I had them hemmed to 32".