Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Those look great Chris.

Is there a general consensus when it comes to SDA tshirt sizing?

I've been enamored with a few of their printed tees on Pants Shop Avenue for awhile now, thinking about getting a few.

Those look great Chris.

Is there a general consensus when it comes to SDA tshirt sizing?

I've been enamored with a few of their printed tees on Pants Shop Avenue for awhile now, thinking about getting a few.

Based on my experience, SDA shirts are inconsistent.  I normally wear a Large in western brands and Iron Heart, and size 42 in Flat Head tees.  SDA short sleeve tees in size XL sometimes fit and sometimes don't.  Their long sleeve tees in size XL usually do.  I've bought from a few different stores on Rakuten (never Pants Shop, though) and the measurements have usually been accurate.

Thanks for the input Chris.

I realized SDA actually has size charts for most of the tees I was looking at, and like you said a lot of them are pretty inconsistent in regards to sizing.

I've exchanged emails with Naoki before, I'll likely be ordering a few tees from him in the near future.

Based on my experience, SDA shirts are inconsistent.  I normally wear a Large in western brands and Iron Heart, and size 42 in Flat Head tees.  SDA short sleeve tees in size XL sometimes fit and sometimes don't.  Their long sleeve tees in size XL usually do.  I've bought from a few different stores on Rakuten (never Pants Shop, though) and the measurements have usually been accurate.

Yeah, I picked up a Large a while back, and it fit's near an xl, and just got the champloo t in in a medium and it fit's small in some places in medium in other. Really quite odd, would be careful and make sure you know the measurements before hand.

And to note I am a XL in the 5335 14oz work shirt, and a large in the flannels.

Edited by bradl

I don't shred jeans like some folks around here, so they're not impressively faded. 

Overall, they're holding up really well. They've made me quite enamored with Studio D'Artisan.

This is an interesting remark. As far as I'm concerned, my jeans - such as a pair of 103s - shred way more in the combs when they were bought unsanforized. 'Once washed' Momos don't shred as much for instance.

Would it be because post home-soaked/home-washed jeans still contain a lot of starch? I remember the Sda were very stiff brand new.

• 1 month later...

Here's 2:

D1546 21oz, zip fly

http://shop.tateandyoko.com/collections/studio-d-artisan/products/studio-d-artisan-d1546-special-heavy-21oz

D1585 21oz

http://shop.tateandyoko.com/collections/studio-d-artisan/products/studio-d-artisan-d1585-21oz-relaxed-straight

There were also some neppy fabric ones with white flecks that BiG are now sold out of. I can't remember the model number but a couple of contestants in the HWDC have them.

Not sure why I didn't reply earlier. Thank you!

@Mr-Bielby__ Sorry, missed your query.

Tagged W34: w= 33, ins= 35, f/r= 10, b/r= 13.75, u/t= 12.25, kne= 8.75, l/o= 8.5

Hi.

Old post I know, but any chance of measurements on those size 34's?

Shameless plug:

Deadstock/still DRY tagged W34 will be up for sale @supermarket__ since I won't fit in them post soak .... Looking for 300 shipped__ bought retail @BiG for 420

Lightning, striking 2wice:

Srsly worried about the Champloo w34 being too tight __ since I learned the waistband shrinks more than a size below tagged post soak/wash. Luckily, I snagged a w36 pair :) .... w/c were a comfy @34.5" post double hot soak.B953C404-C1F0-4844-8BCC-979AE0FE301C.jpg

Received a new Studio D'Artisan pair:

This time it is a collaboration between Pants Shop Avenue and Studio D'Artisan executed by Double Volante, not unlike the Champloo Jeans:

a53899aba6dfa55bab84c5d3b8fbaf1f_zpsb771

4d869c4a646894b0121356add34a14b4_zpsbde2

034a29cead018522d42f28f6229157c3_zps2882

f090c5b136b3b647bef3bea75682c337_zpse2fa

298010d8f92931882ae2c7402f775ac2_zps4b21

It's a 103 cut with a higher rise in a 15oz natural indigo denim with lots of little details done with amazing craftsmanship by Double Volante.

0cfa89d3214dafbe2d4f58c88113d406_zpsf91b

40 pairs for Naoki's 40th anniversary!