Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Between the 35th anniversary and the Champloo I like the fabric of the 35th anniversary better. (It breathes a little more...)

Having said that, I will wear my Champloo tomorrow after I have worn the 35th anniversary over the past 2 days.

I was after the Volante job, in particular, really :)

How would you guys compare the SDA 103 and the Eternal 811 fit and denim-wise? I have a size 32 811 which fits good everywhere except in the waist which is a tad tight. Would a size 32 103 be good? How about the stretch of the denim? I found that the eternal 811 didn't stretch much from its one-washed state, at least not as much as STF Levis and sugarcane 2009s. Also, thread was breaking everywhere which is why I want to look to SDA.

I remember trying on a pair of 103s sometime before and they were really tight and heavily starched, although the measurements of the 811 and the 103 from Blueowl seemed to be close. Now my only option is buying online.

If you read through this thread, you'll consistently find the comment that SDA's 15oz denim is notoriously difficult to stretch out. As for comparison with the Eternal 811, I can't comment although I believe others have done so on here already.

Not that active and the stitching which gave out were not really that critical (pocket, etc..) Hmm, with the soaking, the weather here is hot so we don't really use hot machine washes. I just soak using a not-so-hot shower heater so I guess that may have been a cause. I notice the thread breakage stopped after the 1st or 2nd hand wash.

BTW, OT but how does one go about ordering in Japan? I never got a reply from Pants shop avenue when I emailed a year back. 

Edited by mousemouse

I asked about the soaks just in case you were wearing them in their raw state without soaking. Any water exposure will do the required job in this case but semi-regular washing helps to keep the fabric strong and I presume this applies to stitching too. 

By all accounts, Yuichi at PSA is very good with his email comms. Maybe try again but there are other retailers of Dartisan including Vari, Pirates, Earthmarket and Denimio. 

I asked about the soaks just in case you were wearing them in their raw state without soaking. Any water exposure will do the required job in this case but semi-regular washing helps to keep the fabric strong and I presume this applies to stitching too.

By all accounts, Yuichi at PSA is very good with his email comms. Maybe try again but there are other retailers of Dartisan including Vari, Pirates, Earthmarket and Denimio.

Naoki at PSA, Yuchi at Pirates

Thanks for the recommendations! Denimio certainly looks good and I will try them first since the models I am considering are available there (101,103).

@ sugar mountain- I never tried wearing the jeans without the presoak. Although I can't get all the starch out with just one warm soak so I guess the jeans are still rough with all the starch which contributes to the thread breaking.

For Sale: SDA 101 raw and BNWT size 32.

£140 plus shipping (and PayPal fees) from UK.

Measurements (BiG style):

Waist - 33

Front rise - 11.6

Back rise - 15

Thigh - 13.4

Hem - 9.1

Inseam - 35

image-27.jpg

image-25.jpg

image-26.jpg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lightning, striking 2wice:

Srsly worried about the Champloo w34 being too tight __ since I learned the waistband shrinks more than a size below tagged post soak/wash. Luckily, I snagged a w36 pair :) .... w/c were a comfy @34.5" post double hot soak.B953C404-C1F0-4844-8BCC-979AE0FE301C.jpg

Hi.

Old post I know, but any chance of measurements on those size 34's?

Here's 2:

D1546 21oz, zip fly

http://shop.tateandyoko.com/collections/studio-d-artisan/products/studio-d-artisan-d1546-special-heavy-21oz

D1585 21oz

http://shop.tateandyoko.com/collections/studio-d-artisan/products/studio-d-artisan-d1585-21oz-relaxed-straight

There were also some neppy fabric ones with white flecks that BiG are now sold out of. I can't remember the model number but a couple of contestants in the HWDC have them.