Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

I need something that has a roomy thigh with a taper from the knee down that's not super low rise. I tried the new BIG collab but I wasn't sold on it. I think the new cut offered on Tate + Yoko might work out but I wouldn't know without trying unfortunately.

I need something that has a roomy thigh with a taper from the knee down that's not super low rise. I tried the new BIG collab but I wasn't sold on it. I think the new cut offered on Tate + Yoko might work out but I wouldn't know without trying unfortunately.

Yeah I know which one you are talkin about. You can always exchange stuff from Tate + Yoko anyways...

You can always try them out. If you don't like them, you can send them back and I'll issue a refund. We normally do store credit or exchange only, but I know you've been looking for a while!

You can always try them out. If you don't like them, you can send them back and I'll issue a refund. We normally do store credit or exchange only, but I know you've been looking for a while!

Wow that's great customer service thank you if I end up pulling the trigger on them I'll be in contact with you!!

i have to agree with flash, they do look a bit tight, but hey it's all about how you like em. The patch really made me want these but I knew they'd be too slim for me.

Glad to see someone picked them up.

Edited by Moyamoya

Been eyeing these for a while, finally got them during the tate+yoko sale.

Initial thoughts, the denim has a nice feel to it, definitely different from 103 and 106s I've felt before. It is also surprisingly light for 18oz, it feels noticeably lighter than the 3Sixteen+11BSP which is the same weight IIRC.

Presoak fit is a roomy slim straight, once I get a chance to soak them Im expecting them to shrink to a perfect fit

Some pics

photo1-6.jpg

Love the selvedge, reminds me of bacon for some reason

photo2-5.jpg

bonus pic of banner that came with the jeans

photo-6.jpg

I agree, weave does seem fairly tight, its tough to explain the texture as well it isnt as abrasive as strike gold or PBJ but no where near the smoothness of ironheart. Im going to BiG this weekend and will try and touch as much denim as they'll let me to get a good comparison. These are really something special in my opinion.

Going to try and soak them tomorrow and put up some pics if I can.

^^denim does not seem to be as thick as some 19ozer denim like the samurai vx cuz the weave is tight.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all SuFu's,

This is my first post in this thread and i would like to share something here.Recently i managed to obtain a used pair of SD jeans which i believe is special and very hard to get.It is said that in my possession here now is one of the more than 10years limited 300 pair worldwide Studio d'artisan special fifty times hand-dyed natural indigo jeans,the SD 001XX ( refer here http://supertalk.sup...limited-edtion/).as you can see from the pictures here,the jeans show no fading at all eventhough after some wear.hope everybody enjoy with the pictures.thanks

img1634w.jpg

img1633ie.jpg

img1629h.jpg

img1630hb.jpg

img1631gm.jpg

Edited by Awe

Thanks shinobi and brown metallic, I'll soak them tonight. Thighs seemed a bit loose, but I don't think I could pull off the 106. Going off the BiG's one wash measurements, they should fall pretty much right where I want them @ the thigh and knee.

Out of curiosity, why'd my post get neg-rep? Not that I care, I'm just curious and would like to avoid any other taboo's in the future.

or it was just envy ;)

Yeah some guys seem to neg shirtless pics...well one could still wear a tee and tuck it in..but do as you like :)

I must say b_f... you are a true diplomat. All your posts and fair and pleasant and well thought-out. People are so fast to throw hate around and mis-information, but you keep it sharp. Well done. (I swear i'm not hitting on you, I have a lovely wife.) :P

yeah so then here's the undiplomatic way of answering that question:

(undiplomatic and hate-mongering you might say but i say why be nice? this is necessary to call out all the homophobes that are here)

reggie, you got neg repped because ironically, although this is a forum for style, fashion and trends, it's mostly made up of ultra-hetero man-boys who are threatened by anything remotely "gay" -- like your shirtless pic of your muscular torso. You weren't doing anything "wrong" per se, you just weren't falling in line with the usual "yo bro, this bitch is hot!" mentality that is prevalent here. Check out the threads, photos in the supertrash section -- i hope there aren't too many women who stumble onto that forum, the misogynistic crap that is in almost every thread is enough to scare any girl away permanently.

Either way I'll put a shirt on when I post post-soak pictures.

Anyways, post soak I'm really happy with the fit. Left them in the tub for the afternoon than air dried overnight. Should I give them a second soak before I get them hemmed? I've usually sent them out after the initial soak, but with my last pair (LVC) I really wish I had gotten more shrinkage out of the way. For what it's worth, I always air dry after soaks/washes, don't currently have a working dryer.