Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

how much shrinkage is the inseam gonna shrink on these 106? They're 38inches long now, i am planning on hemming them to 35inches. anybody?

Inseams on raw SDA 10* jeans should only shrink about 2 inches max. My pairs have 35 inseams raw and my current pair that has been washed once have lost about 1.5 inches, so I reckon another 0.5 to go.

What size are your 106s to have a 38 inseam?

don't all 106s have 38 inseams? check out BIG or SDA's site for measurements. my 106s are size 33.

Edited by offyatree

I have 101s, size 32, which have a raw 35 inseam, however my 001s have a 38.5 inseam in size 31. 106s must be cut longer for stacking or suchlike. This can be seen via the product descriptions for 106 v 103 at the following link:

http://www.tateandyoko.com/by-brand/17-studio-d-artisan.html

Hello all, selling 2 pairs of SD's with no reserve. Figured someone here could you a deal. Purchase both from BG few years back, all original details from few years back before slight changes to these models - thanks for your time

SD-103's Size 32

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300660437439?sspagename=strk:meselx:it&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_8332wt_1112

D-1293 Size 32

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300660444649?sspagename=strk:meselx:it&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_9994wt_1112

Is the rise on the 103 considerably lower than in LVC 1947? I'm looking for jeans with the fit of the '47 but with heavier denim. I have a chance to get 103s for very cheap, but I'm worried about the lower rise. Also how's the sizing compared to LVCs. I have 47s in size 32 and they are perfect, can I go with same size on sda?

Thanks b_f, luckily I have 2 prs of 101s stashed away, plus the pr currently in my rotation!

Edit: in fairness to SDA, the prices on that range have remained static for a long time, so a 10% increase isn't exactly outrageous.

Is a long staple cotton used in the 10* range? They have such a smooth hand to them, very different in texture to my Flat Heads.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

yeah most Japanese brands didn't raise their prices for years. sda is the first to do so i think. others will follow sooner or later.

dunno what cotton they use.

here's a vid of sda jeans being cut

you'll find more official vids from sda on youtube

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

yeah right..but Flathead did it and also changed the inner pocket bags (not to the better with that bright colored Flathead writing all over it, in my opinion). But still you are right.

big's new collab with sda:

http://blueingreenso...emart&Itemid=62

with cordovan leather patch

sda-ny001-patch.jpg

dunno why all big collabs have to be mid to low rise.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

that collab looks awesome, the patch is beautiful and finally a SDA with a tapered leg i might have to get these

i think that might be my favorite patch yet. Fit looks a bit too tapered for me, but definitely a sweet pair.

Hey everyone:

Does anyone have any experience w/ the cotton duck that came out in the fall? I'm looking at the olive, but I have no experience w/ SDA. I'm more of an IH guy, but those green ducks look dope. Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys-

We're having a sale!

Tate + Yoko -- Studio D'Artisan sale

BUY A PAIR OF STUDIO D'ARTISAN JEANS, AND GET ANY SECOND STUDIO D'ARTISAN ITEM FOR 25% OFF.

Starting today and until the end of the month, buy a pair of Studio D'Artisan denim and receive 25% on another SDA item, or on a future SDA purchase.

It's a great chance to pick up a pair of jeans to insert into the rotation, and to pick up one of the tops or a second pair at a discounted price.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] before placing an order!

Link to Studio D'Artisan styles: http://tateandyoko.c...-D-Artisan.html

More on the website, but some items to consider:

Studio D'Artisan SD-106 Mid rise slim tapered unsanforized selvedge denim -$265

c6kac.jpg

SD-106: Slim fit that tapers from the thigh to the leg opening. Medium rise. Narrower than the SD-103 model.

Japanese raw selvedge denim

Weight: 15oz

Pure indigo

100% cotton

Hidden rivets

6x6 Warp x Weft weave

Unsanforized / Shrink to Fit (will shrink roughly 3% - 5% with washing)

Made in Japan

Studio D'Artisan SD-103 Mid rise tapered unsanforized selvedge denim - $265

122dqb7.jpg

SD-103: Slim fit, straight leg with the slightest taper. Medium rise.

Weight: 15oz

Pure indigo

Hidden rivets

100% cotton

6x6 Warp x Weft weave

Unsanforized / Shrink to Fit (will shrink roughly 3% - 5% with washing)

Made in Japan

Studio D'Artisan D1546 20oz Limited Edition Special Heavyweight unsanforized selvedge denim - $395

1glst3.jpg

Studio D'Artisan D1546: Limited edition model. Straight fit with the slighest taper. Regular rise.

Weight: 21oz

100% cotton

Pure indigo

Unsanforized / shrink to fit (will shrink roughly 3% - 5%)

Zipper fly

Hidden rivets

Half-lined rear pockets

Thick leather patch

Made in Japan

Studio D'artisan 9543A Loopwheeled Printed Crewneck - Red - $195

el5qb8.jpg

Studio D'Artisan Heavyweight Thermal Zip Hoodie - $225

11j29n9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...