Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Wear 'em macho cuffed:

dsci3662.jpg

dsci3661.jpg

dsci3658.jpg

dsci3663.jpg

1st pre-soak fit pic. I've sized down one on the SD 203's, they're sanforized but they'll shrink approx. 1 inch all around and 2 inches in the inseam. And they've got a real long inseam (37")...I like them a lot, 14 oz. RHT red selvage sanforized denim, flat and stiff...Same cut as the 103's, meanwhile outa stock. Happy to get one of the last pairs, I'm sure they'll fit perfect after a hot soak.

They'll fade great 4sure. I've just soaked them and it looks like perfect shrinkage. They're a welcome alternative to my vintage looking pairs, but I'm not looking for fast fadings, I prefer to rotate.

they look like a ''vintage'' repro, it's just the arcs and the japan flag on the coin pocket that jazz em up. i love SdA's non-slubby denim. they'll fade slow whether you rotate em' or not

they look like a ''vintage'' repro, it's just the arcs and the japan flag on the coin pocket that jazz em up. i love SdA's non-slubby denim. they'll fade slow whether you rotate em' or not

...but their cut isn't really repro, it's somehing inbetweeen 47's and modern days slim cuts. Whatever, I like it...;) and wait for pics oy yo' denimes Mr.salaami :D

THought I'd drop in and say hello...

Had these a few months but have been waiting for the fall, and for The Clerk to get his Union Special up and running. Got them back Saturday.

Wore them Sunday:

SDAinwear.jpg

These are the natural indigo version; very different to my previous natural denim jeans, the Levi's 1880 with Kurabo fabric, and the Sugar Cane SC40501. It's made from lovely cotton like the Kurabo, very fluffy, but the colour is much deeper and richer with a violet tinge.

I've seen lots of vintage natural indigo jeans - what's exciting about these is that they start out a different colour, and are actually quite unlike any vintage model - it's more of an adventure, whereas so many jeans are simply trying to recreate the past. I starched them; not so much to keep them stiff, but because it also helps screen the dirt; they came off the radiator as a 3D shape, and left a blue streak in the hallway. Oops. Less indigo loss in the bath than my last few pairs but I still need to give it another scrub.

I've always worn a regular 32 and these size perfectly; vintage, but slightly slimmer around the seat than a 55.

I like wearing dark jeans so I'm no no hurry for these to fade. They'll be my regular jean until may, when I switch to sandals and Levi's 9oz 1890s.

HEre's my first day .... see you in a few months.

these are awesome, are they still being made/sold?

I haven't soaked them yet (will be shelved for 2 years), I just started on my Samurai 526 XXll. But yeah they are gorgeous dungarees, SDA has another model out thats just the Lee version and 23 oz (23 oz LHT, oh my). I'm tempted to snatch those also, but got 4 years of jeans to wear already and I don't need to add anymore to that ;)

how do you like the 103 and 105? how do they compare to a LVC 47? i have pretty big legs, i dunno if they would fit a 105 in the tigh area...

i was looking for something close to a 47 501 with a lower rise and a slight boot cut.. would any of those be what i'm looking for? the 103 looks right on.

and i right to assume the natural indigo denim is also 15oz cotton?

i would LOVE to have a SD-103XX in 21oz cotton left hand twill... does it exist?

they can not be a '47 cut if they're bootcut. SD 101 is a '47 cut w/lower rise. 103 is straight and 105 is a bootcut. SDAs have generous thighs, so you'd be okey with any of the 3 models even if you got large thighs. don't ever size down on these cuz the denim is tight weaved and don't stretch much ... size= TTS to +1. the XX are 14 oz :)