haptronic

banned members: semi transparent edition

hap, seriously are you at all capable of debate without going to threats of banishment and/or stooping low? I don't get it. I really don't.

So your imagined take on what motivates me is sad to you? I think that's pretty sad actually. Being a married man, I never posted for sexual conquests so I think that's an odd statement and an insulting insinuation. I could go on and on and make appeals for rep but I think I'll just keep living my life instead. I am sure you are amenable to young posters since most of the older ones are gone.

the start of this is just bad mathematics.

but the rest of the post intrigues me, are you doing that cool thing that you did on another board where you lash out because you are not getting enough attention, and the scant recent attention was not receptive to whatever it was you have to offer.

that might even be cool, we can play out the whole scene again where you keep acting out until you get banned, go everywhere that will listen at all and complain about how you were treated unfairly, only to go back months and months later in the slim hope that they might appreciate your fits this time.

actually that sounds lame and sad.

the age assessment reminded me of a conversation i had with beatle recently where she remarked that there will be a group of us who grow old on supertalk together. but then again i am sure that she and the rest of the people she was referring to did not ever consider supertalk a place to mine for sexual conquests so having younger members post is not an issue.

I never posted for sexual conquests so I think that's an odd statement and an insulting insinuation....

it was your take on supertalk as a 'pedo board' that sexualised an entirely normal situation of people of all ages with a common interest posting on a message board devoted to that topic. that i wonder aloud how you came to that assessment is not odd at all.

I simply meant I felt strange as a 34 year old man talking to people who are 15 or 17. More my issue I suppose. In real life, I generally have friends who are of legal drinking age. I didn't think it was an altogether strange comment.

Hey hap,

Are banned members allowed to make new accounts? And if they are, can they divulge their former identity on the boards?

Hey hap,

Are banned members allowed to make new accounts? And if they are, can they divulge their former identity on the boards?

you can be banned for having multiple accounts, which includes any accounts that have been banned already.

you can definitely be banned for divulging a former identity.

if you want to know more i suggest that you read back through the things i have already said about banned members and banning in this thread.

the point of any of this is not to have arbitrary rules that the mods enforce and the members live by, but to have an environment that is conducive to good posting.

can someone also explain, why some users are allowed to change their user names of existing accounts?

can someone also explain, why some users are allowed to change their user names of existing accounts?

there have been a few cases of users having a name change and two members with custom user titles. we make no pretense of any fairness in how and why some users have been given these and why others have been turned down.

if a member asks for a name to be changed the answer is no.

by the same token i will not delete your account if you ask, or correct any other mistakes that you made with your account.

Man, wish I had a custom user title!

okay your case is special.

Man, wish I had a custom user title!
okay your case is special.

Oh, man, I feel as if I'm in the Lost series finale.

Caught in limbo, bro!

why was landho banned?

edit: can I nominate a custom status for Clopek - the drunk phantom

RIP landho.

I was inspired to go through the threads (I haven't been around much recently), and I found some good posts. Superfuture isn't dying: as haptronic mentioned, the people contributing these days are different from the ones who were posting before, is all.

I mean, I will always wish that denimdestroyedmylife (among others) posted more, but even a cursory glance shows that Superfuture is fine; even vibrant.

I've become good friends with a number of people through here (much as I did with Magic: The Gathering when I was younger), and now we just keep in touch with Facebook, text messages, etc. The world is a smaller place, and sometimes it's so small that there isn't room left for Sufu.

Edit: That said, I was surprised when reading old threads to see certain members banned. Guess I'm just behind on the times.

my main problem with the moderation is that theres hard rules on the site that of course should be enforced

but theres way too much banning for grey areas

if something isnt explicitly over the line i dont think mods have a right to ban anyone

i know some members were pushing it but in the long run the boards i think that do the best and have the best fellowship are the ones who are able to keep and their core members interested and active

I don't have a stance on moderation decisions and won't criticize them considering I would never go to the trouble of having to moderate the forum. With that being said many of the banned (or self-exiled) posters were a very important part of the board, bringing information and commentary on more interesting trends and designs than JCrew/APC/CP. Right now the board is pretty boring as far as I am concerned. I certainly won’t learn anything here and I don’t feel like sharing what I know either.

couldn't agree more, i feel like visiting superfuture is more of a habit now, when back in the day i would visit regularly just to read the back and forth between some of the banned members mentioned, it's like the old superfuture without the edge, granted there are a few exceptions, the overall state of supertrash is quite boring nowadays, just my .02

minya still has an active account, his posting and moderation slowed down a while ago. i am afraid that i don't know his reasons. i do however know that when i talked to him last week he was still as funny as he ever was.

my main problem with the moderation is that theres hard rules on the site that of course should be enforced

but theres way too much banning for grey areas

if something isnt explicitly over the line i dont think mods have a right to ban anyone

can i remind you once again, that moderation decisions are not up for negotiation, and complaining about them is likely to get a member banned, the reason being that there are over 10 000 active users and there is not enough time to take every single member's opinion into account.

please refer to this post if you would like a more general explanation of the moderation on supertalk

if you have a question about a specific banning i will attempt to answer that.

i cant believe people still debate this shit.

the reason superfuture isnt what it was is quite simple: it isnt 2005 anymore and no one stepped in to fill the shoes of the unique and

varied group that was here then, but has now moved on and matured

out of the forum scene in general.

please do one of the following: get a life, like the vanguard from the "good old days" has, or put your energy into re-populating this site

with great content.

The thing is that this is a community and contrary to what Haptronic might think (see his answer to me) you need a certain momentum to do it. I just don't see it here right now. Note that as much as I appreciate, say Monitoff, I don't think unbanning him would solve anything.

You also have to keep in mind that I am not saying there isn't an active community at superfuture.com right now, I just think it is not my cup of tea or barely so. I sill visit often for cwg but I'm not sure that counts.

airjamie ?

suckdick ?

Why was phrost banned?

phrost was banned after using racially charged language, after he had been warned about it. he made no contact of the mods after this happened so his ban stayed intact.

if you are warned about even banned for a simple incidence like this, a sincere assurance is often all it takes to get an account re-instated.

airjamie ?

suckdick ?

airjamie was banned so long ago that i can't even remember what the original was for. after discussions last year he got his account back and posted like he was hell-bent on causing trouble with no redeeming value and his account lasted one day.

suckdick has had numerous accounts banned all for complaining about bannings/moderation decisions. on more than one occasion he has stated that he knew it was against the rules but was joking about it. i am sure like the other freebayers in supermarket another account will show up at some point. perhaps this time he will refrain from the kind of posting that keeps getting him banned.

I have been emancipated from the shackles of superprison!

why can landho post hes banned?

pretty sure it's a custom title.

also this thread is more entertaining than a majority of threads in supertrash. guess it's goes to prove how much people (or maybe just me) love drama.

why was landho banned?

edit: can I nominate a custom status for Clopek - the drunk phantom

i don't have anything to add to this discussion, but i am totally okay with this nomination

thought he just wasn't posting as often but what happened to akuma no uta?

thought he just wasn't posting as often but what happened to akuma no uta?

when i put akuma no uta into superpenalty i made this post. please take the time to look up members and what happened before asking.

however in this case there are other things i would like to explain via a timeline of events including all the major players.

Jack Straw posts a fit, his fit is admittedly bad and he happens to have red hair due to heritage.

established members run a neg rep train on Jack Straw and he is put in worst by a member talking about his haircut and the way he doesn't take his hair colour into consideration when choosing colour combination for outfits. = not racist or an attack based on genetic factors.

as part of this neg rep train Brad Pitt gives Jack Straw particularly confusing [and possibly offensive] neg rep in the form of an emoticon that seems to suggest he is sexually excited by Jack Straw's fit to the point of ejaculation.

Brad Pitt goes on to post a comment in worst stating that Jack Straw is the inspiration for a music video that comments on racism using the example of ginger genocide. = an attack based on genetic inheritance

Jack Straw retaliates with a negative rep using an inaccurate racial slur = racial based attack.

Brad Pitt posts a copy and paste of this racist neg rep in worst = major bitcharseness given how it came about.

Jack Straw posts a racially base attack on Brad Pitt = stupid retaliation and escalation

cheapmuthfukr billy newaesthetic U MAD all join the gang bang of Jack Straw using attacks base on genetic inheritance.= racist

akuma no uta reports a post by Jack Straw for being racist= fair use of the report function.

then posts this:

totally reported your racist ass. count down to ban..
= interfering with moderation without having the full story.

nb: akuma no uta has a history of this kind of meta posting with comments on the rep system neg trains and other matters that effect the natural flow of these things. he is given a time out, which will last as long as it takes him to figure out how to contact the mods.

id like to say that i never used a racist attack, i said:

is that really needed?

i mean, its one thing to say someone looks like carrot tops aneroexic retarded half brother who just discovered UO and thinks its the best thing in the world, but its another to make thinly veiled racist comments.