Burgus Plus world tour

Flash

Final Updates

It's been a good month! The jeans have been through a lot and we're just getting started...I haven't been updating the past few days for a few reasons (a surprise, a Lake soak and guests visiting) but here is the past few days in a giant post!

Cooked some quesadillas

70c25b31.jpg

01c888fb.jpg

Pad woon sen

bfe4fd8b.jpg

Final Updates

More food

Shin Ramyun

b30e213e.jpg

Cooked some Kim Chi pancake

cebc128a.jpg

020d9094.jpg

Biked along the Lake

8c37260b.jpg

The beach was empty

dc2c4d16.jpg

f38af6cd.jpg

945ead3f.jpg

Afterwards I met up with my weekend guests in Chinatown....Lao Shanghai is usually good if you order the right foods and say low salt/oil

0854bb63.jpg

94fc040c.jpg

ed6af376.jpg

Final Updates

Lao Shanghai contd.

68c03f4e.jpg

For those who don't know you have to bite off the top and suck the soup inside...I tend to bite too large an opening and burn myself on the soup...

83251d8e.jpg

Dry Chili Chicken is always frackalicious

459ab2bd.jpg

a59359c0.jpg

c0429d90.jpg

cc486e9a.jpg

Eat your greens!

dad7a031.jpg

My friend assured us that his mom makes the best clams in egg...Regardless, so tasty!

992d4219.jpg

...in bed

5abf361f.jpg

Afterwards we went karaoke

0c3e468e.jpg

Final Updates

you know it

e7796eae.jpg

As we were celebrating a few birthdays over the weekend we got free Champagne

5bc07576.jpg

Unfortunately we weren't the cleanliest bunch

111aae40.jpg

Thought this was particularly fitting...Neil Diamond

6c30b4bb.jpg

9bdb803f.jpg

The next day we headed to the beach...I've never wanted a jet ski/boat so bad! It was mid 90's and so humid...But I was a trooper and still wore the jeans

126dff47.jpg

90414e7a.jpg

I biked the way to the beach as everyone else took cabs...

81abfd88.jpg

4456af09.jpg

c31f165c.jpg

Final Updates

It's about a ten/fifteen minute bike ride south to the beaches...

06509d7c.jpg

And what do you know....

332161a1.jpg

The jeans got an inadvertent soak! My girlfriend wanted to walk along the water with me and it was so damn hot I ended up in the water...

a6853903.jpg

159fa367.jpg

e5bc4145.jpg

10b29adc.jpg

I wasn't too worried about the soak since I stunk up the jeans so much over the past month...Hope you all don't mind (I know medine probably doesn't mind lol)

39ccfad9.jpg

c1832ad1.jpg

d0194968.jpg

The top block didn't end up as wet

123a0b10.jpg

Final Updates

Afterwards I decided to lay about as everyone played volleyball...Gave the jeans a chance to dry but the heat was really killing me

05ad8f07.jpg

aedfae67.jpg

0ca43bc2.jpg

Didn't bring sandals as I didn't think I'd even touch water

52e9ae7c.jpg

Crotch holding up

c3634abc.jpg

2f265bb8.jpg

Back home in the elevator

243668f5.jpg

After trying to shake the sand off the jeans I gave them a full soak/rinse to clean them up

5d4b8db4.jpg

ba2d37ae.jpg

A bit of sand collecting at the bottom...

e9c3567d.jpg

Final Updates

Later that night we headed to Viet town...The jeans had actually dried as I set them in front of a fan for a few hours while basking in the sunlight

e7f8087e.jpg

41100b9a.jpg

We ended up at Tank as usual...Got my Pho Tai and Fried Rice, didn't venture out that day

be6e86e0.jpg

bf5774e3.jpg

There's also Thai and Chinese places in Viet Town

35966ad0.jpg

At night, we played a few drinking games and ended up at a place called Sky Bar...didn't take the camera but it was a slow night...

8ef1be8d.jpg

The next morning it started to rain pretty heavily

270696b0.jpg

Menacing clouds

f3a6caef.jpg

0759860f.jpg

3c003913.jpg

Final Updates

The storm cleared up and we hit the suburbs to visit Tensuke and Mitsuwa markets

5d21f0c5.jpg

Tensuke has a pretty good "restaurant" in the back

dd04da85.jpg

I ordered the Tonkotsu ramen...Didn't really hold a flame to ramen in Japan but it's as good as it can get in these parts

1b1d855f.jpg

cdf78580.jpg

Afterwards at Mitsuwa, we walked in to discover that there was an event going on

08c271ea.jpg

4ca4e9be.jpg

8fd4fff5.jpg

WIthin Mitsuwa is Hippo Bakery (also in Novi, MI which I frequent when back at home)

437e4a9c.jpg

d12cad31.jpg

bc090c12.jpg

Final Updates

d6354d1d.jpg

There is also a food court within Mitsuwa although the food is pretty average...

2a4044d6.jpg

Ended up buying an old Lightning mag

25ab0ba5.jpg

Back at home we decided to get burgers at Flub A Dub Chub....turns out they were closed! So we went to Stella's diner instead...Flub is actually on a level that rivals Kuma's Corner, some say even better, and their pretzel buns are amazing.

b8ed11b7.jpg

Since Flub was closed I ordered an Avocado cheeseburger from Stella's and added an egg on top...Pretty much like a Roe burger from Flub without the Pretzel bun

1df8d824.jpg

Very tasty cross section view

337a7cea.jpg

And of course, no night out is complete without Paciugo gelato to seal the deal

7cfae94f.jpg

One last look at the Chicago sky...

163458f2.jpg

Tomorrow I will post my final update. I intended to do something big for today but my schedule didn't allow...Hope you don't all mind me taking an extra day...Good thing is, medine lives close (can't meetup unfortunately) so the delivery will take less than a day...

The Final Update?

OK guys I have a confession to make...I'm on my 32nd day going on my 33rd...I'm hoarding the jeans! But I wanted to make sure I did my final surprise right...

But before we get to any surprises here was my day...

Met up with fellow sufu member for some food at Feast in Wicker Park...I ordered the Tandoori Chicken Quesadilla, which may sound and look delicious but in reality it didn't sit well with my stomach...Should've stuck with a burger or breakfast food I guess?

16a14f92.jpg

8bb3ac53.jpg

Turkey Burger

2a74f6a5.jpg

60be326e.jpg

Afterwards, I had the honor of meeting with the good folks at Horween Leather to discuss a project or two....I didn't take pictures inside the factory out of respect but lets just say it was like visiting the Mecca...As soon as you walk up the stairs into the building you feel the immense weight of history that oozes out of the walls, and a certain aura glows as you ascend the stairway. Inside the factory is an Americana fans wet dreams...Old machinery and furniture galore, with vats and vats and piles and piles of hides all over...They really should organize group tours inside this place, it's a certified USA landmark in my book...

Outside the factory

fce7821d.jpg

You can smell the leather!

eb751fe9.jpg

I came away with a few samples of leather types, which I'll have to keep my mouth sealed about for now...wink wink...

c0abcbfa.jpg

I also walked away with leather stains all over my clothes

f50b98f3.jpg

Again, it was a quite an honor to experience the factory!

The Final Update?

And now onto the reason why I've held onto the jeans so long...I wonder if you can guess?

Setting up

7c7f707b.jpg

Cleaning off an old design to prep my works

4ea48098.jpg

What could this be?!?

01bcd29c.jpg

6f7710a4.jpg

hmmmm....

2925409a.jpg

eddd1862.jpg

Setting a weight on top to make sure there are no gaps

8bcde819.jpg

Could it be?!?

2348594d.jpg

Are you still lost?!?

7d8e3ad2.jpg

!!!

2c8505a1.jpg

The Final Update?!

If you've followed my past tour experiences (particularly the Flat Head tour), you may recall that my girlfriend has a thing for crafts...And thank goodness for that, because she has her own Yudu machine! This means I can silk screen things to my hearts content...Of course, you knew I had to do the pocket bags!

f3bbf9e1.jpg

It was a bit difficult lining up the pockets as I had to do two different colors...

4fd8385c.jpg

5d58c18d.jpg

I messed the "B" up but I guess it adds character?

e7eaa48d.jpg

Also goofed on the Buns...they were a bit too close to the letters but it still looks good IMO

8e0b1ab7.jpg

990ed71f.jpg

The numbers were easy but I had to flip the sheet around to make it easier to line up the jeans...

e202499b.jpg

11bc222e.jpg

And....The final product!

b9dee6c6.jpg

With flash for good measure

024e866e.jpg

So there you have it! My final addition/contribution to the tour...I hope you all find the print in good taste? Tomorrow I will iron on the paint to make sure it sticks and will then send the jeans off to our good man medine....

It's been a fun yet fast ride but this tour is just getting started!

Absolute final updates tomorrow...Good night from Chicago!

i dont know what you have got up your sleeves but the project with horween leathers sound interesting as hell. can't wait to see what that brings. its been a great tour run with you so far, all the amazing food you eat (in quantity as well). love all the updates so far! lovely!

as far as the burgus plus print on the pocket bags go....

ITS FUCKING NICE I LIKE IT VERY MUCH! CANT WAIT TILL THESE GET TO ME IN A FEW MONTHS TIME! HAHA. GREAT STUFF!

The FINAL Post!

So here is my official last update....the jeans were sent out to medine today and should arrive soon...

When I woke up I had to iron the pocket bags to make sure the paint would stick

95e78c5f.jpg

Inside out (I figure medine will have better pictures for jean updates on the overall wear)

85a975ed.jpg

01b235bc.jpg

And of course I wrote my name!

342c8ec5.jpg

First tour member's run complete!

7d9240bc.jpg

Wrapping the jeans...

249bae7a.jpg

The final look...

07f368d6.jpg

And my run is complete! I also threw in extra fabric (non-washed yet so shrinkage warning!) for crotch support should we need it....Anyways, it was a pleasure being a part of this tour and I can't wait to see where we'll be in another 12 months! Thanks for following me everyone, and let's keep this ball rolling!

Signing out from Chicago!

Aw shit, look where the jeans are now (still in chicago). It's been about 300 degrees during the day, so ill have to break these in during dark time..

DSCF4113.JPG

My Before Evo Pics..

DSCF4114.JPG

DSCF4115.JPG

2nd month already..

DSCF4116.JPG

I can just barely button these, but they should be good in a day or two. Cant wait for these to see some action. Stay Tuned!

Comparing Medine's fit on the FH3001's & the Burgus', this may be a very, very snug tour for me.

Hopefully i can actually fit them!

p.s.

Still jealous of your non-ringer FH tour shirt!!!

awesome to see you got the jeans already medine! the fit looks good although I see you can't button the top? they've been soaked to max shrinkage by my estimates so you should be able to stretch them a bit! looking forward to your month!