sunglasses

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JonasW

Is there really a danger in using cheap sunglasses and increasing the amount of UV rays reaching the eye? I just read up on it after reading the thread, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

My source was wikipedia (i know, how reliable is it really) and there was this tidbit:

"There is no demonstrated correlation between high prices and increased UV protection. A 1995 study reported that "Expensive brands and polarizing sunglasses do not guarantee optimal UVA protection." [3] The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has also reported that "[c]onsumers cannot rely on price as an indicator of quality".[4] One unscientific survey even found a $6.95 pair of generic glasses with slightly better protection than Salvatore Ferragamo shades.[5]"

It doesn't seem to be the case.

Right now I have a cheap pair of aviators but will get a pair of those beloved Wayfarers in the near future.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i think wes anderson's brother was the artist for the luggage collection. not sure if they will be reproed for retail consumption.

what did m.j. have do with it then? was he just the middle man?

aside from being the creative director of vuitton, i dont know... probably some roman coppola (producer)-> sofia coppola (i think one time gf of wes anderson...or not) -> marc jacob's muse connection.

well in the film credits before and after, it said that the luggages were by marc jacob for vuitton...

They look vintage, perhaps Persol. Persol did a lot of those plastic tortoise-shell patterns.

As for the Vuitton luggage, yes, it was specially made for the film with designs by Anderson's brother who is some sort of artist who also did those little pictures in the ballroom in "The Royal Tenanbaums". They recently auctioned the set.

i vaguely remember reading an article saying it's basically just jacobs crafting up the designs with extreme attention to detail as per anderson's desires. stemming from their mutual admiration, and a desire to work with one another?

• 3 months later...
Time to revive this thread i suppose. Anyone know where I can find Tom Ford and/or Oliver Goldsmith sold online? Dealing in USD. Specifically want FT 0003(Ford) and OG Carl.

i can only help in that i've seen both these sites carry the newest line of Ford at one time;

www.bluebee.com

www.jransomla.com

www.activeendeavors.com

although, active doesn't seem to have ANY right now...maybe check back?