sunglasses

Hah! You better check the price for OG Strand before making it your choice. Archive Couture styles can be pretty $$$$$$$$$$$.

Hah! You better check the price for OG Strand before making it your choice. Archive Couture styles can be pretty $$$$$$$$$$$.

ya, i got a quote from OG for the strand. they're $500 USD.. really sweet frames though! comes in black or tortoise... i love the style but i wish i could try them on first.. if price wasn't an issued would you go for the OGs grunhauser? im also a little worried that they'll be too big... is 58mm lens with a 145mm temple really oversized?

Color is better.

Black is classic, but boring if worn everyday; tortoise, although nice, is a predictable alternative. Picking one horse that will look good in a race and then plough your field is always a problem, so act accordingly. Unless you're like Johny Cash dress in black everyday, you should have few pairs - a black one, lets say a cool aviator shape; a pair of tortoise/brown, something vintage or vintage inspired; and another one in some cool color like green or burgundy or better yet some hot in color like red or white or torquoise.

Gold and silver don't hurt either. I am wearing my new goldline Mykita frames and chicks literally come up to me in the street."I like your frames!"... If I were single I'd have been very busy.

Good luck.

It adds up, I know, but what are you gonna do? Bite the bullet. Find a guy who does good job with lenses and tell him you will do all your lenses through him till you die and ask for a deal. Don't bother with optometrists, those are the worst when it comes to actual frames/lenses business.

Color is better.

Black is classic, but boring if worn everyday; tortoise, although nice, is a predictable alternative. Picking one horse that will look good in a race and then plough your field is always a problem, so act accordingly. Unless you're like Johny Cash dress in black everyday, you should have few pairs - a black one, lets say a cool aviator shape; a pair of tortoise/brown, something vintage or vintage inspired; and another one in some cool color like green or burgundy or better yet some hot in color like red or white or torquoise.

Gold and silver don't hurt either. I am wearing my new goldline Mykita frames and chicks literally come up to me in the street."I like your frames!"... If I were single I'd have been very busy.

Good luck.

oh man, i was about to order the OG Strand frames in black, but you definitely gave me more to think about grunhauser. The problem with these OG customs is that even though I have the sizing and I know they'll fit my face, they're so expensive and I can't find a place to try them on to see what color suits me best. Would you still recommend the tortoise/brown color for the OG Strand frames since they're "vintage inspired" looking even though this will be my first high end frame? Cheers.

Post a pic of your face for Grunhauser to form an opinion .. I guess :o

I hope you can end up getting a pair of OG too.

I need to save money for plane tickets, otherwise I'd be up on a pair too :(

Just to pour more acid in your OG inflicted wounds...:D We are doing Oliver Goldsmith Trunk Show on May 12th. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oliver Golsdmith****Gotti****MYKITA. This one will reverberate for months. :cool:

ya, i got a quote from OG for the strand. they're $500 USD.. really sweet frames though! comes in black or tortoise... i love the style but i wish i could try them on first.. if price wasn't an issued would you go for the OGs grunhauser? im also a little worried that they'll be too big... is 58mm lens with a 145mm temple really oversized?

That's actually comparatively cheap for custom frames made from a vintage acetate.

I know my Cutler & Gross frames, from Fred Segal, were $500 about 9 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a question to people with small nose and high cheek bones!

basically 90% of the sunglasses do not fit me. they usually sit on my cheekbone, and the bridge part does not even touch my nose. i have had the same pair for about 3yrs now because this one was the only pair that sorta-kinda fit me.

does anybody have similar problem? if so, which brand do you recommend? :confused:

i have a question to people with small nose and high cheek bones!

basically 90% of the sunglasses do not fit me. they usually sit on my cheekbone, and the bridge part does not even touch my nose. i have had the same pair for about 3yrs now because this one was the only pair that sorta-kinda fit me.

does anybody have similar problem? if so, which brand do you recommend? :confused:

i guess you need to adjust the sunglasses to your face by bending those 2 things that sit on your nose(don't know the word for it lol)

my girl fits your face type, and she has a pair of gucci 1827 that look great on her

i guess you need to adjust the sunglasses to your face by bending those 2 things that sit on your nose(don't know the word for it lol)

my girl fits your face type, and she has a pair of gucci 1827 that look great on her

i have tried the ones you recommended before- but they still slid on my nose. for some reason when i wear aviator type ones, i look like a nicole ritchie wanna be boho because of this 'slide' that occurs on my small nose.

but i had no idea those flat plastic egg looking things are bendable and customizable. maybe that is the key to my sunglass liberation!

but i had no idea those flat plastic egg looking things are bendable and customizable. maybe that is the key to my sunglass liberation!

ahah, sorry,but i really find hard to belief that even bending those things you still can't fidn sunglasses that fit your nose/cheeks, wasn't trying to make yourself look stupid at all lol

I'm surprised there hasn't been any mention of Louis Vuitton sunnies here. I'm not sure how LV goes down over here in Superfuture though... I must say they are worth every penny you paid for.

Hand polished acetate in France, Karl Zeiss lens and the build quality is so solid.

The Karl Zeiss lens are so comfortable on the eyes and the clarity... I'm deadset serious when I say that there are things that the eye should not be seeing through these lenses...

And the fact that they even have modified frames for Asian faces (because of our lack of nose bridge) is pretty class.

supreme should've considered that with their oakleys. oh well, i'm sure all the asians bought them up anyhow.

yup, they may look like shit with the glasses, but as long as they know they have supreme on their face, they have magical powers(i still <3 asians though, no homo)

• 2 weeks later...

And the fact that they even have modified frames for Asian faces (because of our lack of nose bridge) is pretty class.

how exactly can glasses be modified for asian faces? im asian and my glasses are always sliding down my nose

hey man.. all i have to say is try them on. just go to a store and try on pair after pair.. ask the assistant.. usually if its a girl they are more than willing to help. on occassion a little too willing to help hahaha... but yeh.. try to find something that matches your facial type

i myself am not a sunglass man... the first pair of sunglasses i got were some vintage rayban lookalikes back awhile ...

i purchased my first pair of sunglasses less than a year ago DH black aviators.. really great.. wore them to death .. really beat up now..

2nd pair were marcjacobs whcih are a little more feminine b/c i think they are unisex glasses, they are nice and chill tho

Some pics of my custom OG Mistinguett Black/Crystal I got last Nov.

dsc01041wc0.jpg

dsc01042oc1.jpg

dsc01043kp5.jpg

I HIGHLY recommend OG in every way shape and form. I was nervous about this purchase since I did not have the opportunity to try them on and it was a gamble on whether they would suit my face. I was emailing Claire Goldsmith back and forth regaring these frames. I even went as far as sending her a picture of my face to see if she thought they would work with my face. She was a huge help and I could tell she stands by her product as being the best on the market. I took the chance and was blown away by the quality. Other designer frames feel like absolute crap after holding and feeling OG frames, especially the custom ones which are still handmade by 60+ year old craftsman. I would be seriously depressed for weeks if I ever lost or broke these.

I thorougly agree with bobby alto.

After weighing it up I'm waiting on handmade pair of Renzo's from the OG showroom and plan on backing them up with another pair immediately - either Mistunguett's or a Frankenstein bespoke pair of frames in one of the custom materials that are available to immediate clients. I'm feeling the Albert frame with thicker arms at this point.

Simply put, Grunhauser was right. Having paid a visit to the OG showroom to view the collections, meet Claire Goldsmith and her amazing staff, and check the materials you can have your glasses made in, you don't have any choice but to order from them.