sunglasses

I found a cool shop called Nichenation in Bangkok, opposite the playground store, www.nichenation.com sells a bunch of different brands and styles, pretty much like the set up Kiya linked to further up the thread - Mikli, Freudenhaus,Oliver Peoples, etc. One of the styles ( not neccessarily the brand that stood outfor me when I tried them on was Vinylize - hand made in Bulgaria from recycled 12"s .... any one heard of them?

I once dropped $240 on a great pair of Dior sunglasses. I still have them.......sitting at the bottom of my dresser drawer.

I always feel like a douchebag wearing sunglasses.........then again, I am a douchebag.

What to do, what to do.

Haha. Soo funny. Can't rep. :(

I'm really feelin these Dior shades, but I don't really want to pay $250+ for sunglasses. Any ideas as to where I could find something very similar for under $100?

Dont go cheap on sunglasses. Your eyesight is precious. At least don't suffice for cheap lens. Ray-bans are your best bet for anything close to $100 and nice quality lens.

my recent purchase:

CIMG0790.jpg

but it all depends on your face shape. just because it looks good doesnt mean itll look good on you. go out and shop around, best thing.

hum, i have mixed feelings, i normally think that sunglasses that are not straight on top look like girls sunglasses, i could never get myself to wear something that wasn't straigth on top, but i THINK i like these. damn, wish i could try them on.

http://www.olivergoldsmith.com/strand.php

what do people think of these? 500$ USD hand made for you... in black or tortoise...

um thats like bam la bam bam, like thats kinda expensive for me, is it a well known brand? i would rather spend 500 on tom ford sunglasses

um thats like bam la bam bam, like thats kinda expensive for me, is it a well known brand? i would rather spend 500 on tom ford sunglasses

Every pair of Tom Ford sunglasses we sold came back broken within 2-3 months. It's the worst line I ever came across, and not in terms of quality only. As a line, it's a copy of a copy and it is geared toward people with no fashion sense.

Oliver Goldsmith on the other hand is totally awesome. The original designs, the history, and now with impressive Japanese craftsmanship behind it, it is going to become the eyewear brand you will covet.

Oliver Peoples are know as Other Peoples in the industry.

When it comes to spectacles, you must seek the light souce, not reflections.

I would not buy Tom Ford eyewear. They are redolent of tacky people who have, although stepped up from the D&G Glasses, still wish to be labelwhorey.

Beyond the fact that the designs are cheap and derirative looking--sort of like cheap knockoffs of Emmanuel Kahn.