sunglasses

Two potential problems with cheap frames.

a. Nickel in frames - once the coating comes off, you are in trouble when your skin explodes on contact, so stick with acetate.

b. cheap lenses - bad optics may cause your pupils to widen to receive proper amount of light, increasing amount of harmful UV rays bathing your cornea. You are better off with one of these.:cool:sunvisor.gif

Yeah, these are the best. Awesome lenses, great eye protection, so light to wear. I really love mine.

Maui Jim - decent lenses, tired styles. And every meathead in Teva sandals seems to own a pair...I honestly don't understand the appeal.

Vintage or vintage inspired is the look these days.

Maui Jim - decent lenses, tired styles. And every meathead in Teva sandals seems to own a pair...I honestly don't understand the appeal.

I'm a particular fan of '60s frames.

My sunglasses are by Cutler & Gross.

The madness will stop now, d_d. This avaitor looks amazing on you. Perfect shape and color combination. I am sure you will enjoy it for years.

Re: Cutler and Gross

We looked at the collection last month. Nice, very nice even. The only problem I don't know where they are made. They say France, but it does not say so on the frame. In fact it says only "hand-made", which is a far cry from "hand-made in france". I would imagine if you make them in France, you'd want it to say so on the frame, no?

The appeal to me was the quailty of the lenses. A lot of fashionable sunglasses just don't have it. You are correct that they certainly aren't trying to break any style barriers.

Teva sandals?

Teva sandals?

99007.jpg

Ugliest shoes ever made. There is no right or left, just shoe. If you lose one, you can just buy one.

I've had too many weekend encounters with construction/outdoorsy types wearing these orthopedic disasters and Maui Jim's. The funny thing is they come in weaing Maui Jim's asking me if I carry Maui Jims...Testing my coolness, I guess. I tell them it's too high end for us.

99007.jpg

Ugliest shoes ever made. There is no right or left, just shoe. If you lose one, you can just buy one.

I've had too many weekend encounters with construction/outdoorsy types wearing these orthopedic disasters and Maui Jim's. The funny thing is they come in weaing Maui Jim's asking me if I carry Maui Jims...Testing my coolness, I guess. I tell them it's too high end for us.

LOL! I can't say that I own a pair.

The madness will stop now, d_d. This avaitor looks amazing on you. Perfect shape and color combination. I am sure you will enjoy it for years.

Re: Cutler and Gross

We looked at the collection last month. Nice, very nice even. The only problem I don't know where they are made. They say France, but it does not say so on the frame. In fact it says only "hand-made", which is a far cry from "hand-made in france". I would imagine if you make them in France, you'd want it to say so on the frame, no?

All of the Cutler & Gross frames I have are older ones, and they all say "Hand-Made in England".

I didn't know they were so discreet with their production nowadays.

99007.jpg

The Berkeley hippies and granola chewing Subaru-owning types all wear that form of disaster.

Sometimes, they even have an hideous knapsack on; or they will be wearing something like Oakleys.

Are these the just vintage knock offs? If not where did you find them as i've been searching for some white ones for a bit of time...

i actually find them at an optometry shop in brussels, just hanging out. i think they were deadstock, but i hear they're reissuing them soon, so they might be fairly widely available really soon.

scout3.JPG

Thinking about these? Available at spectaclesforhumans.

Thanks! I don't know who you are, but where is the white frame dude??

These shades are several years ahead of everyone. That's how brilliant that Vibskov dude is.

grunhauser...

I noticed you guys sell all these brand names that I had never heard of before(compared to the gucci, versace etc you expect at a "premium designer" sunglass shop)

But you do sell Ksubi sungalsses, is this one of those high designers who take pride in quality as well as name??

There are traditional eyewear companies and then there are jeans companies who need to play in tune with their custmers. What do you expect from Ksubi? Hand made frames polished by chamois??

With most frames in $200 price range being made in China, I think theirs are the freshest, and definitely most copied designs. Quality is quite alright, actually, especially for plastic frames. Italian acatate, French hinges. I've talked to Graz, he knows what he's doing.

I mean, they are giving you a cool pair of sunnies for $175 and without making you look just like another bridge and tunnel douchebag who does not know which way the wind blows. Take it and run.

I've sold a bunch of them, and none had a single problem. Frames from a big name designer who used to be in charge at G%cci, for example, are made at the same factory and sold at twice the price because they are shipped to Italy for "made in italy" stamp. These are all coming back within weeks/months broken or with severe defects.

There is a Ksubi style very simillar, almost identical, and chose it instead. Jeremy Scott eyewear is a Linda Farrow Vintage collaboration. We are soon getting (hopefully next week) few other LFV collaboration collections - Sophia Kokosalaki, Veronique Branquinho, Luella, Matthew Williamson and Elley Kishimoto. I think they are doing something with Christopher Kane too.

ps. Tsubi did a collab with LFV in '03 I believe.

nice choice on those dior homme, i have the same pair, theyre great. and yeah the lenses are much darker in person

43zh539.jpg

I'm really feelin these Dior shades, but I don't really want to pay $250+ for sunglasses. Any ideas as to where I could find something very similar for under $100?