sunglasses

are plastic & acetate the same thing? like is plastic made from acetate or are they 2 entirely different materials

acetate |ˈasiˌtāt|

1 Chemistry a salt or ester of acetic acid, containing the anion CH 3 COO − or the group −OOCCH 3.

plastic |ˈplastik|

a synthetic material made from a wide range of organic polymers such as polyethylene, PVC, nylon, etc., that can be molded into shape while soft and then set into a rigid or slightly elastic form.

• 4 weeks later...

anyone have any recommendations for sunglasses that are relatively inexpensive (wayfarer price) with a similar profile as a pair of wayfarers, but maybe just a little more interesting?

CWG's have started wearing wayfarer's, so I feel as if I should try to eschew wearing them.

The Geller one's look nice, but I don't have that kinda money.

i need to find these in NYC...anyone have any idea who carries them.

Lanvin Pilot

LanvinPilot1.jpg

LanvinPilot.jpg

they need to open up a shop in new york.

If these are over $300 you're out of your mind. they suck. don't do it.

anyone have any recommendations for sunglasses that are relatively inexpensive (wayfarer price) with a similar profile as a pair of wayfarers, but maybe just a little more interesting?

The Geller one's look nice, but I don't have that kinda money.

Gellers are only $200 mang! They be quite cheap in the sunnies world. granted, i havent handled them -- so I don't know about the quality, so maybe it's just as shitty as $100 frames, but yeah. as for your responses:

h-vibz shadez

don't get those jeep. good suggestion for the answer to your question, but bad suggestion for you to wear.

yeah these. or maybe some alex+chloe

this one could probably work on you though. it's all about shape, and that vibskov one just doesnt work on you unless you want some lolz. trust..

Im wondering if these would be a good replacement..

http://unitedshades.com/showpic.asp?file=/glasses/diorhomme/sun/pics/dior0112-RZSUU.jpg

for these.

the ones in the link look a lot better than the pic you showed. in fact, the one you showed in the pic made me feel sick so i deleted it from the quote. thanks.

it still amazes me how some people try to justify prices on luxury goods according to what they like.

they're around $200. is that okey azn8oi? if you really consider what we do, i mean really remove yourself from the situation, & consider how much we spend on designer brands, you would see that paying even $100 for sunglasses is absurd. but we do it anyway.

if i like the shit, & for whatever reason decide i want it, (like if i'm feeling fucked up, & bitches aint shit & i need something to pick me up lol), i appreciate the fact that i can. i really do, 'cause at one point, i couldnt afford to do so.

but thank you for the commentary. i prob wouldnt like the shit u like, cuz these shits are dope!

it still amazes me how some people try to justify prices on luxury goods according to what they like.

they're around $200. is that okey azn8oi? if you really consider what we do, i mean really remove yourself from the situation, & consider how much we spend on designer brands, you would see that paying even $100 for sunglasses is absurd. but we do it anyway.

if i like the shit, & for whatever reason decide i want it, (like if i'm feeling fucked up, & bitches aint shit & i need something to pick me up lol), i appreciate the fact that i can. i really do, 'cause at one point, i couldnt afford to do so.

but thank you for the commentary. i prob wouldnt like the shit u like, cuz these shits are dope!

i talk about prices cus there's a lot better shit in that pricerange, MANG. go like your sunglasses, doesn't stop them from being whack :)

ps. misterko, your opinions on frames will be whack always and forever. :)

fshoooo. i dunno glasses are def. not my element... in my fam im the only w/o any sort of corrective lenses / contacts / etc etc. just never found a way to experiement with wearing shades / glasses.. :confused:

the ones in the link look a lot better than the pic you showed. in fact, the one you showed in the pic made me feel sick so i deleted it from the quote. thanks.

Yea the ones in the pic are for work. The only thing about the ones on the link it says they are for wide faces. Is that just a suggestion or a must?

everything said is always a suggestion. those frames do look quite wide though. in this case you should really try it on before you buy - or - make sure the site has a great return policy.

Gellers are only $200 mang! They be quite cheap in the sunnies world. granted, i havent handled them -- so I don't know about the quality, so maybe it's just as shitty as $100 frames, but yeah. as for your responses:

don't get those jeep. good suggestion for the answer to your question, but bad suggestion for you to wear.

this one could probably work on you though. it's all about shape, and that vibskov one just doesnt work on you unless you want some lolz. trust..

Thanks for the opinions, azn, I guess I may as well ride the cliché until they become universally regarded as something not associated with douches. I mean, while they are a timeless design, you can't help but be associated with corny hipsters or corny white chicks who live in metropolitan areas. if I was suburban (more so than I am), I'd be in the clear...

Regardless, I'm just gonna get wayfarer's. Maybe try and cop a pair off eBay with Bausch & Lomb lenses, gotta find them in my appropriate size though...

Can anyone say how the Robert Geller sunglasses are in terms of fit and weight?

I have a pair of Henrik Vibskov Andy sunglasses but I think they are a little too big.

It seems like everything I like and try is slipping off my face when its really hot and sweaty.

jeepster, I tried some Ray-bans with Bausch & Lomb lenses a few years ago but did not like them. The lenses make them heavy and they were uncomfortable after more then a half-hour and they would slip off my face really easily once I started sweating.

I used to have a pair of vintage blu blockers I wore when riding my bike.

http://www.blublocker.com/prodinfo.asp?number=2701K

they were actually super comfortable, I could wear them all day long. I ended up selling them on ebay to someone in europe for over $60 though.

jeep.

i just bought a pair of b&l off ebay.

too small for my big ass head.

i'll sell if you want.

speaking of.

azn any recommendations for wayfarer-like glasses for said big ass head.

black frames?

I got a pretty large head myself billy, you've met me, you know.

Think they would fit?

speaking of.

azn any recommendations for wayfarer-like glasses for said big ass head.

karen walker

billiam- going off this pic, i don't think your face belongs with wayfarers.

40471947eq6.jpg

hmm. i think you might look pretty good in DUM's glasses though. or maybe you MIGHT be able to get away with ksubi ifoulds http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/2008/04/ksubi-sunglasses.html . your face isnt the same as that model, but try it on to find out! don't take my speculation as a last resort though because vibskov wayfarers also actually fit big ass heads pretty well (lol but it wont work on you jeep, i think)

billiam- going off this pic, i don't think your face belongs with wayfarers.

40471947eq6.jpg

hmm. i think you might look pretty good in DUM's glasses though. or maybe you MIGHT be able to get away with ksubi ifoulds http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/2008/04/ksubi-sunglasses.html . your face isnt the same as that model, but try it on to find out! don't take my speculation as a last resort though because vibskov wayfarers also actually fit big ass heads pretty well (lol but it wont work on you jeep, i think)

like, I have a long face, but since I'm a pretty large human being, I think my brow is wider than most (luckily not neanderthal-like though). What are the sizes Wayfarer's come in again?

i have these persols 2849 that are similar to wayfarer. they have two sizes, both seem larger than wayfarers.i think they were ~$140.

2849-250.jpg