RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

fair points! Especially the price point

But they are also direct available from Kaizoku-Pirates (discounted shipping) and from Pants Shop Avenue. No need for a third party :)

Maybe b_F, but they are not readily accessible with simple English language websites. They need translations, email requests, etc and are not click-and-buy experiences to the would-be purchasers who aren't familiar with them already or 'in the know'.

Got these pics off the Resolute blog.

resolute1.jpg

resolute2.jpg

resolute3.jpg

resolute4.jpg

resolute5.jpg

resolute6.jpg

resolute7.jpg

I still can't stand the name and the logo. I wish it was still Denime, but I understand how that brand became watered down. The Resolute denim looks fabulous and the fading properties look like vintage Denime, which, in my opinion the closest color to vintage Levi's in terms of repros.

If i wasn't for the name and logo I'll be all over these like a teenage groupie.

…but if there's a contest…

... but not uncommon on the narrow-loomed lots [re: radical twisting]. i remember when i was younger, i tried to straighten up & put the seams together when folding, after wash__ thinking i'd prevent/lessen the twisting on my 501s. silly thoughts.

'shoulda seen my old Denimes, side-seam tracks on the left leg rotated around 45 degrees to the front. the O/W 45RPM left leg twisted around 40 degrees already & haven't even washed them yet.

Edited by BrownMetallic

I couldn't do a contest for obvious reasons but always liked the idea when they were just coming out. At that point, it wasn't clear if BiG would carry them and I never knew who'd be a good middleman. I'm still not sure I understand the direction Hayashi-san wanted to bring the label but it's really still in it's youth...Considering the height's Denime reached, I think we all were expecting a return to that crinkly shriveled up Denime look and still aren't sure what to do with the hairy, smooth, polished marble look (more 1970's/80's as I think Paul T mentioned earlier in this thread) that Resolute has brought. Either way, it's an intriguing fabric and I'd love to get my hands on it! Maybe a group buy would be cool if anyone was apt to organize it... ;) ;)

At the end of the day, you just have to trust Hayashi-san...After all, without him, none of us would be where we are today...

Picture 5 is possibly the strongest leg twist that I have ever seen.

I'm not even sure I could cope with that!

edit! what's weird is quite how low the knee cap fades are! Or is it just my eyes deceiving me?

I had one little e pair that he the em twisted all the way to the front. There are various debates about why some twist more than others; but 70s ones seem to twist among the most. Those Denime are certainly a fantastic evocation of the v early 70s look.

Edited by Paul T

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hello friends.

I already got the lot 710 two months ago.

Here I got some pictures of them. sorry for the bad techniques for photography,

these are the details:

DSC_7736_zps74a9f64b.jpg

DSC_7738_zps81d33b3f.jpg

DSC_7745_zps98f4d122.jpg

DSC_7752_zps0dddb00d.jpg

DSC_7753_zpsc2591507.jpg

Edited by jet.shi

Naoki is great! you can really trust him.

yeah on your first post the pics didnt show so I linked them here. I hope that was ok.

looking forward to some fit pics. the weave of the denim looks quite tight. the overall color is a bit lighter (blue) than I usual prefer. Like Paul T said, Hayashi tried to capture the late 60s / 70s denim

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

yeah, b_f ,you help me a lot.

I'm a new guy in sufu.

just learned how to post pics houres ago.:)

the denim is soft ,only have 12-13oz maybe.that may close to the 60s denim.

Hayashi is a wonderful man. I believe his choice. so I got them.