dawei69

RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

I’ve got a pair of 711’s that I scored on Yahoo awhile back, but I find the rise too low on the size 36 that I have. Probably wouldn’t be too bad if I wore them for a bit, just wonder if the 710 would have a little more room up top comparatively. I also wonder if the denim used is any different?

I thought the same looking at the 711s in 36 today, without trying. 710 looked to have a more proportionate silouhette but very similar rise. Denim looked the same from my quick look. 

For those wondering, I own the 711 (32/32) and recently purchased the 710 (33/33). Here's the comparison of measurements fresh from the mailbag. They were both one-wash.

711 OW - size 32/32

Waist 40cm
Front rise 27.75cm
Back rise 37cm
Thigh 32.75cm
Knee 24.75cm
Hem 22.5cm
Inseam 76cm

710 OW - size 33/33

Waist 40cm
Front rise 28cm
Back rise 38cm
Thigh 30.5cm
Knee 21.5cm
Hem 19.25cm
Inseam 78cm

Still busy af, so haven't taken any pictures of me wearing both. Maybe I'll have time tomorrow morning... Also, the rise of the 711 stretched a bit but don't have proper measurements on hand. I'll update y'all on the worn-in measurements soon.

In terms of proportion, it's hard for me to say... The 711 might seem disproportionate because it's based on the kid's version of the '50s 501 which must have had different proportions compared to the adult version (I believe that's because Hayashi-san determined that the adult 501 was not suitable for Japanese body shapes whereas the kid's one was). If my 711 had thighs, knees, and hems that were around 1cm to 1.5cm smaller, then it would be similar to my LVC '66 cut. I guess the 710 looks more proportionate as a slim jean but that could be quite subjective.

The denim is different as well. Off the top of my head, I can't say how, but can also update later.

Second wash and tumble dry first wash with washing liquid tight for about 5 minutes super comfortable already love resolute 

8 hours ago, lee porter said:

Thanks bobby Still no leg twist though  :-/

Upon further reading/research (if I can call it that), it seems that some 710s will just never develop leg twist =/ I'm honestly not sure why this would be the case and still remains a mystery to me. Does it depend on what part of the roll is used? I can't imagine they would be sewn differently? These pictures show 710s that have clearly been worn and washed so I really don't know.

Taken from the Piisu JP website...

20140418_8f76c5.jpg

And taken from Zabou...

710W30L34-2.jpg?20130116175726

710W30L31.jpg?20130116175719

On 12/1/2019 at 6:05 AM, propellerbeanie said:

ht seem disproportionate because it's based on the kid's version of the '50s 501 which must have had different proportions compared to the adult version (I believe that's because Hayashi-san determined that the adult 501 was not suitable for Japanese body shapes whereas the kid's one was). If my 711 had thighs, knees, and hems that were around 1cm to 1.5cm smaller, then it would be similar to my LVC '66 cut. I guess the 710 looks more proportionate as a slim jean but that could be quite subjective.

You are right, that's what Hayashi-san said and that's the reason why I probably never will try the 711. If it's opimized for Japanese guys, I'm definitely not the target group :D

6 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

Upon further reading/research (if I can call it that), it seems that some 710s will just never develop leg twist =/

well i guess i'm one of the lucky ones then?

I got my 710s now. The size is good but I don't know if I like the fit. They are pretty slim around my thighs. I'm thinking of washing them so I know I got all shrinkage out of them and then try them on for a couple of days.

2019-12-03_07-01-40

I got a Bandana :)

Edited by tigerstrom

Damn, jealous about that bandanna!

Do you have some fit pics? They shouldn't shrink more with a wash but a dryer can shrink them definitely more

I was happy when I saw the bandana :) Will post some fit pics later tonight or tomorrow! @beautiful_FrEaK I hope they will work out, the denim is so nice and soft.

2019-12-03_09-57-15

Sorry for the ugly socks lol! I actually like the fit a lot better after a 40°C wash and tumble dry.

Thanks! :)

No, I didn't get much more shrinkage even with the dryer. The legtwist and roping became even more visible, and the inseam got 2cm shorter but that's about it @SmokeStackLightning

Thanks! They feel really good, even better than before the wash. The denim is so soft and fluffy which makes them supercomfortable :)They stretch a lot especially the waist but a size 34 would have been too small. 

The inseam measures 76.5 cm! @beautiful_FrEaK

Yeah those fit really well!

On 12/4/2019 at 8:08 AM, tigerstrom said:

Thanks! :)

No, I didn't get much more shrinkage even with the dryer. The legtwist and roping became even more visible, and the inseam got 2cm shorter but that's about it @SmokeStackLightning

If yours got ~2cm shorter for the one-wash, I should chuck my pair in for a spin before I continue wearing mine.

I'm jealous of your bandana too. I've gotten stickers but unfortunately no bandanas!

Update: I hot machine washed and tumble dried my pair... The inseam lost around 2cm but all other dimensions basically stayed the same. Denim is also a bit softer/easier to wear now.

Edited by propellerbeanie

Currently wearing my new 36/36. The inseam needs to shrink more, it's at least 1" longer than on my old pair, even after two 60c washes. It's around 84cm now

Edited by Max Power

Did another 70c wash on the new pair, now its pretty much as the old one. 

Now I'll try to hold out washing for as long as I can. 

IMG_20191204_133004.jpg

IMG_20191204_133050.jpg

IMG_20191204_133047.jpg

Tillman I want pics of your Hayashi cosplay with chambords and 710 haha!

And a pastel colored sweater to top it off. ^_^