RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

According the the resolute website in English the 710 "is reproducing faithfully the denim fabric of the 1960s" while the 711 fabric "has a deep indigo color of the 1950s"

But that said I've never handles the 711s just the 710s while in BiG.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I just got to know this brand yesterday that it is a very close reproduction of 1966 Levis. I would like to learn more so hope you guys can answer these 4 questions of mine.

1. What made you guys like vintage repro jeans more than the modern jeans (hairy/heavy weight/slub/deep indigo/ coloured weft etc) that we have today?

2. Why choose resolute over other vintage repros such as full count that is made of zimbabwe cotton, arcuates and hidden rivets.

3. Why is repro jeans is important? Some argued that modern jeans are much more durable and high quality than the mid-twenties century jeans

4. Is Resolute actually better than Levis Reproduction considering the fact that LVC comes with red tab and arcuates?

Thanks in advance and happy new year! =)

Edited by keybladehero

Hi guys I just got to know this brand yesterday that it is a very close reproduction of 1966 Levis. I would like to learn more so hope you guys can answer these 4 questions of mine.

1. What made you guys like vintage repro jeans more than the modern jeans (hairy/heavy weight/slub/deep indigo/ coloured weft etc) that we have today?

2. Why choose resolute over other vintage repros such as full count that is made of zimbabwe cotton, arcuates and hidden rivets.

3. Why is repro jeans is important? Some argued that modern jeans are much more durable and high quality than the mid-twenties century jeans

4. Is Resolute actually better than Levis Reproduction considering the fact that LVC comes with red tab and arcuates?

my opinion:

1. i find the cut of repro jeans more comfortable and like classic styles

2. you like the cut and details of the resolutes more

3. several older jeans that are reproduced were made so that you could live and work in them; modern jeans are more likely to impinge on normal movements and have a crotch blowout because you tried to lift your leg too high off the ground

4. they're different and it's a matter of taste (i prefer certain japanese brands over LVC); i'd suggest looking at the entire jeans and trying them on

1. I like the attempt to reproduce vintage denim. I also think heavy weight, uber slubby and colored wefts are some kind of gimmicks which sometimes overshadow the beauty of raw denim itself. But for many guys/gals who are new to raw denim such over-engineered denims are more appealing as they are an easier to spot difference to "normal" mall-brands. 

2. Different cuts and a different denim which might be closer to real '60s Cone denim.

3. There are many repro brands that also pay a close attention to sturdy construction. So I won't generalize that repro brands are less durable than modern brands like e.g. PBJ or TSG.

4. A red tab and arcuates doesn't make a good repro. It needs more than that.

1. I like the attempt to reproduce vintage denim. I also think heavy weight, uber slubby and colored wefts are some kind of gimmicks which sometimes overshadow the beauty of raw denim itself. But for many guys/gals who are new to raw denim such over-engineered denims are more appealing as they are an easier to spot difference to "normal" mall-brands. 

2. Different cuts and a different denim which might be closer to real '60s Cone denim.

3. There are many repro brands that also pay a close attention to sturdy construction. So I won't generalize that repro brands are less durable than modern brands like e.g. PBJ or TSG.

4. A red tab and arcuates doesn't make a good repro. It needs more than that.

Thanks beautiful_freak for sharing your view with me. Can you also educate me what do you like about the 60s cone denim? Some say they like iron heart because it's heavy, they like momotaro for battle stripes, they like oni for secret denim slubbiness. What particulat aspect you personally found awesome in the 60s cone denim? 

If let's say history was rewritten and the 60s original cone denim was actually heavy, slubby, gimmicky etc and hence Resolute reproduced the same gimmicky fabric, will you still prefer Resolute over other brands?

my opinion:

1. i find the cut of repro jeans more comfortable and like classic styles

2. you like the cut and details of the resolutes more

3. several older jeans that are reproduced were made so that you could live and work in them; modern jeans are more likely to impinge on normal movements and have a crotch blowout because you tried to lift your leg too high off the ground

4. they're different and it's a matter of taste (i prefer certain japanese brands over LVC); i'd suggest looking at the entire jeans and trying them on

Thanks ironheartfan123 for sharing your view. Seems like there's this magical force with Resolute that just makes its wearer fall in love passionately with it more than any other denim brand. Maybe the jeans contain a part of  Hayashi's soul since he put in decades of hardwork, effort and thought on only 1 fabric to reproduce original 60s jeans. 

Edited by keybladehero

• 4 weeks later...

long time no see and another great pair max! nice to see a resolute pair with higher contrast for a change. will be very interesting how it ends up. can we have some closeups and macros of the fabric please?

these look great. I predict epic fades coming in the future. As King Ruedi himself would say "wear them hard and keep them alive forever" and things like that!

Great to see somebody giving the Sufu treatment to some Resolute.

I wonder why there's no chance on earth I will ever get some knee combs like yours, what's the secret recipe???

I think my English is too poor to catch some maynardesque double meaning there... please translate your joke for Italian peasants...

for a moment I thought you were referring to an extremely pliable knee, almost like Gi Joe soldiers

Hpuz7kM.jpg

by the way peep how crisp is the denim on Gi Joe number three from the left. Almost look like Resolute denim, but the fit is too wide to be Hayashi style...

Edited by volvo240thebest