RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

• 1 month later...

@sindre I believe Per Ljung in Malmö might be able order 711s for you even though they only have the 710 on their website.
Try reaching out over email, they are very helpful and friendly.

Edit, I see that they actually do stock the 711 now! Might be good to know for all people located in Europe interested in Resolute.

https://www.perljung.se

Edited by NilsLW

• 3 weeks later...

So I recently bought two pairs of 710s- one in 33x33 which is pretty true-to-size for me, and the other pair is 34x34 which is slightly upsized. I plan on wearing/washing both regularly, but putting the 34x34 pair in a normal tumble dry cycle, and air-drying the 33x33. I'm interested to see how they age side-by-side. I'll make sure to share the progress here.

just cold machine wash weekly and a few times of tumble dry already made the hip and crotch area shrink by half a size..
haiyashi san recommands trying on very tight new pair, and also recommands machine wash+tumble dry weekly... i wonder how he could still put them on, although they will strech on the waist easily but definitely not on the crotch.

Edited by edwardlj

10 hours ago, edwardlj said:

..haiyashi san recommands trying on very tight new pair, and also recommands machine wash+tumble dry weekly... i wonder how he could still put them on

He’s stick thin, and can get away with doing this, I’ve seen more meat on a chicken drumstick

Edited by bod

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

If we would only compare the waistband, then yes, I wear the same size.
But it's not always that simple. I wear the 711 in 34 but the 710 in 34 and in 36 (but not because of the waist, rather because of the hips and thighs)

yes. maybe i should ask how roomy in the hip and crotch area of the two models in the same size...i am not going to wear a belt (because i am lazy..)

sorry about that, hard to decide. i'd better order 711 in two sizes and keep one..

Edited by edwardlj

• 3 weeks later...

710s are making some nice progress. Been giving these a weekly wash, not turned inside out, and wearing almost every day. Thursday is wash-day for these, so they're getting thrown in the machine as soon as I remember to pick up some more detergent.

RgVsgYk.jpg

Edited by blooming

I'm planning to order a pair of 710s from Bears this weekend. Based on the measurements on the site it looks like a 32x33 would be the right size for me.They show the 33 length coming in at 78cm (or 30.7in), which is exactly what I am going for. Does the inseam running that short sound right? I'd assume it's normal for Resolute.

Well, my order should be on the way now. I saw some conflicting measurements on a few different websites so I went with my gut. I've likely ended up TTS or +1 on the sizing. We'll see when they get here from Japan!

Bears' was doing a festival with Hayashi-san through the weekend so my order should be coming with some type of souvenir and an autograph from the man himself. I'll get some pics up when they arrive.

The nice thing I've found about the 710 is that even though they are a mid to slightly higher rise, they are very forgiving if you need to wear them slightly lower to account for the thighs or initial waist snugness. Once they are broken in, they are so soft that they don't feel restricting at all. I have 33/33 and 34/34 pairs, and both fit well, with the 34 just being slightly loose in the waist (which a belt fixes).

Hey! I recently got a pair of resolute 710 in size 26(I know lol). I am super skinny and was ecstatic to find something that would fit me, however unfortunately they are too tight. I am able to button the top button just fine, however it seems to put too much pressure on my stomach. I was wondering how much these would stretch in your guys experience? And if i were to buy another pair, ie size 27 or 28(both one wash), how much do they shrink  after the a couple machine washes?:I want to try the hayashi-san washing method barring the machine dry.  Thanks!

Edited by Depth