RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

Question on Resolute Jeans:

I have a pair of 710 which are tag size 38x33. The knee measurement is about 8.6 inches (using BIG style measurement).

Blue in Green said that they have a pair of 710 which are tag size 38x32 with knee measurement of 9 inches.

Is there really that much of a variance in sizing/silhouette between the same tag sizing? It's just hard to believe.

There is always a certain variation between different pairs. Also since there are a different length and Resolute's legs are patterned for each size, variation is also likely. But in your case I would assume it the other way round, the shorter pair having a smaller knee.

One thing that could be: the pair BiG measured is one-wash but the washing process wasn't thorough and thus they will shrink a bit more (happened to me as well).

And a last thing: they just measured wrong/inaccurate 

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

There is always a certain variation between different pairs. Also since there are a different length and Resolute's legs are patterned for each size, variation is also likely. But in your case I would assume it the other way round, the shorter pair having a smaller knee.

One thing that could be: the pair BiG measured is one-wash but the washing process wasn't thorough and thus they will shrink a bit more (happened to me as well).

And a last thing: they just measured wrong/inaccurate 

I think you have 2-3 pair of 710 right? Is there any variation in sizing between each one you own or is it negligible?

Yes there is variation between different pairs. At least in their one-wash state. That's why I said there might be a discrepancy because the one-wash process might haven't been thorough. I had a pair shrink a big amount after the first wash by me

So it could be that all pairs end up eventually the same, with just small variations. But bought new one-wash, yes there are bigger differences. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck receiving them if you use him…. Sent a brand new pair of Resolute to him in May 2020.  He lost them in the post and keeps telling me he will send a replacement pair but never has.  I have been sending him messages all this time and very rarely get a reply. 

He is full of crap!!!

16 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

^ You will probably have more luck on the secondary market then.

Always needs some washes for shrink to fit. Gave these 711 their first real wash after the initial soak+wash combo and they improved a lot. Leg twist on the right leg...superb

20220107_122057.thumb.jpg.6c0d70c6d7302556f4962b4239fd2f69.jpg

20220107_122134.thumb.jpg.15203dbf685479a650bdcbe8e3034c47.jpg

Nice fit. Did you size the same as your 710s?

On 1/7/2022 at 6:26 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

^ You will probably have more luck on the secondary market then.

Always needs some washes for shrink to fit. Gave these 711 their first real wash after the initial soak+wash combo and they improved a lot. Leg twist on the right leg...superb

20220107_122057.thumb.jpg.6c0d70c6d7302556f4962b4239fd2f69.jpg

20220107_122134.thumb.jpg.15203dbf685479a650bdcbe8e3034c47.jpg

These look great. This comment is probably a reflection of my preference for classic straight fits nowadays, but I like this fit more than the 710s. Looks comfy, but not sloppy.

• 2 weeks later...

So these purchases were basically already done last year and were following the "first old jeans out before new jeans in" rule I try to live with.

I already had a AA710 but sold them as they were too small, so here is a size up.

The indigo 710 has nice dedication by Hayashi-san on the inside. I'm done with new jeans :D

(expect for that Denime XX I just need to call off from Naoki @PSA)

20220128_175704.thumb.jpg.8c2fdf7e403c249c7d47b69cbc3237e5.jpg

@beautiful_FrEaK Your collection is super nice. I ‘m still looking for my White AA710 . Where did you Find yours? And those bandanas? They are super cool

i was wandering to buy a 711 rinsed. What do you think about it. I knew the fabric is different. General feedback on the whole model? 
And what size should I buy? I am a 33x30 in 710