RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got a pair of 712s raw from Sapporo-Base, gotta say their customer service is fantastic. Answered my questions quickly and shipped the jeans out even quicker. Against advice, I sized down one from my 710s but they actually fit great after a wash and tumble dry, Hayashi-style! The waist has stretched out to about the same as my 710s although the hips are a tad tighter, probably due to the smaller size. I'll have to post up some photos when I get a chance, the fit is amazing. 

Side note: For all y'all that tumble dry regularly, how do you prevent those creases/line along the legs from setting in? I tried to tumble dry with a bunch of my other clothes but both legs still have sharp creases running down the sides. I don't mind it too much, but would rather they not fade too dramatically along the creases. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 11:36 AM, frank said:

Side note: For all y'all that tumble dry regularly, how do you prevent those creases/line along the legs from setting in? I tried to tumble dry with a bunch of my other clothes but both legs still have sharp creases running down the sides. I don't mind it too much, but would rather they not fade too dramatically along the creases. 

I usually avoid the tumble dryer from the beginning and would use it when the denim is already worn in a bit. So there won't be sharp creases.

Anyway, in case you didn't know:
https://www.nst.nipponsteel.com/en/about/detail05.html

On 10/5/2021 at 3:36 AM, frank said:

Just got a pair of 712s raw from Sapporo-Base, gotta say their customer service is fantastic. Answered my questions quickly and shipped the jeans out even quicker. Against advice, I sized down one from my 710s but they actually fit great after a wash and tumble dry, Hayashi-style! The waist has stretched out to about the same as my 710s although the hips are a tad tighter, probably due to the smaller size. I'll have to post up some photos when I get a chance, the fit is amazing. 

The first response is to wash & dry inside out, and always solo without any other clothes. When new, I'll wash my jeans in hot water and use a hot dryer for 15-20 minutes until damp, to get the shrink out, and then hang until dry. I don't turn right side out until completely dry, as when wet the denim is most susceptible to crease fading. Washing & drying outside out will result in fading at the creases. After several washes and the excess dye is removed, crease fading is less likely. 

I’m wearing the same model and size today too. Like em, but the leg twist on mine puts the seam in the middle of the back of my left calf. On a trim pair of jeans like the 710, I can feel the pull and twist.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 11:19 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

A freshly washed and dried 710 in size 36 is currently my best fitting and feeling pair :D

xVekol6h.jpg

MdDzXdsh.jpg

(and Imgur really fucks with the quality of the pictures lately)

Great fit. I was contemplating on purchasing a 710 sized up to 34 from my regular 32 waist for a roomier leg/hip.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I’m new here. It’s almost a year that i am wondering to buy a Resolute 710 OW and a AA710 White special edition. I’m just unsure about the size. Usually my vintage Levi’s size is 

W 40 cm

R 28 cm

and the denim that fits me best in inseam is from 71 to 73 cm (but I slightly cuff them). 
I don’t know if I should buy a W 32 or 33 and a L 30 or 32.  I read they shrink in lenght.
Please help me out. I will buy it on Frans Boone  and since I am located in Europe I could buy more than one and ask for the refund for those do not fit me like I want. Thanks in advance and happy to be here (I’ve read all this discussion )

@simeonpisani if the 80 cm you mentioned is measuerd on the garment itself, you could definitely go with a size 32 (maybe even size 31 but that could be pushing it).

Since you buy a one-wash version they should not shrink too much anymore. Unless you plan to use the tumble dryer. So from the inseam a L31 would be the way to go. Or a L32 if you really want to hot wash and tmbule dry them because this way you can get some more shrinkage in the inseam.

Regarding the AA710 it will be tougher to get a pair, not many are available anymore at shops.

Several places list the L30 as 70 cm length. And you said you want minimum of 71 cm.
Further shrinkage depends on how you wash of course but 1 cm of shrinkage could still happen.

My latest L33 started at 31.5" (80 cm) and after one wash at 40 °C it now has 30.7" (78 cm). But that could also mean that the one-wash prcoess by Resolute wasn't as thorough as usual, as a L33 should have 78 cm as length.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK