RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

Hi Broark.  I have the 710 in 36 and the waist is big.  I ran them through the dryer yesterday and the waist measured 35" before stretch.  I think you could make a 38 work.  Yes, the thighs are trim but the denim is stretchy.  I like the jeans, especially the hairy denim and nice construction, but the cut is a little unusual, no doubt.  Measurements are important, as we know, but denim stretch makes a big difference.

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Thanks Tillman, I think I'm just going to have to give up on the 710. I'll enjoy everyone's jeans vicariously. ^_^

Well, if you are fine with your LVC 1976 in size 36 I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to wear the 710 in 38 as they are quite similar. 

39 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Well, if you are fine with your LVC 1976 in size 36 I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to wear the 710 in 38 as they are quite similar. 

After wearing the LVCs for a day I felt like they were just slimmer than I like right now.
Maybe my tastes will change again, or maybe I'll drop some weight. :D

36 minutes ago, lee porter said:

I have the 711s and the 710s both in a 38 I’m a 36 in most Japanese made jeans even 34 in freewheelers 51s

Thanks for the reference point... do you have measurements for the 711 you can share?

18 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Thanks for the reference point... do you have measurements for the 711 you can share?

I can at the weekend by memory the the 711s more comfortable but you definitely need the same size in both models 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 10:52 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Weight gain through co-pregnancy is real!

Back in my size 36 for a bit more relaxed fit. 

20210518_104401.thumb.jpg.aa9a35b52e5a5b278b704f91d1cc43fa.jpg20210518_104456.thumb.jpg.d01e641609cb3712b0f8aa2b32e82d2a.jpg

I think theses look perfect. The 710, to me (and I think to Hayashi) must be a relaxed fit. Yes it's kind of slim, but you can have a slim and relaxed fit. That's the point of the 710 imo.

Why the 710 look so good on asian bodies and so slim on caucasian's ? Because as Hayashi said, it's 2 completely different body types. If you listen to Hayashi's advice for sizing, he said "take it snug because it will gain an inch", yes, but that's for an asian body. For a caucasian body I definitly think you should size up. 

It looks good on asian bodies because they (usually) are skinny around the waist, the thigh, the butt and the legs (compare to us, caucasians). The result of that is some room left around the thigh and orevall around the legs, which gives it a delicious relaxed and vintage vibe, almost to a bootcut-vintage type of vibe. 

262590925_Capturedecran2021-06-27a16_32_04.thumb.png.d5ea9fee29b71de771c9801d128e08e6.png (that's a woman though)

98300696_Capturedecran2021-06-27a16_33_49.thumb.png.d9787560ba4ff8e3504f276daf529fd6.png

Of course, having a small waist will reinforce that, genetic is a thing, we all know that. But even with a larger waist you can get this type of vibe while sizing up and wearing it high on the waist. 

Edited by DavidThoreau

• 2 weeks later...

Back in a size 34. Still some way to go. I really prefer this more fitted look.

20210715_112327.thumb.jpg.06b87c5e3ca3c24b92220f27e44490a8.jpg

@DavidThoreau I completely agree with you regarding the body shapes and Hayashi-san's design intention. He had a different body in mind when creating the cuts.

On Boys Market blog, Tsubo-san compared three sizes of 710 on his frame. They all worked.

https://blog.goo.ne.jp/boysmarket/e/f6a24c81e42afdc7aed3a56e7804e54c

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

• 2 weeks later...

I just gave another chance to the 710, and just received a new upsized 710.

Previously I had a 33/30, which was too tight and too short for my liking (page 63 on this thread), and now I got a 33/32, which is a (big) upsize even though it's the same size, because I lost 10 kilos since the last time. 

And let me just tell you that after only an afternoon of wearing it, it has already become my favorite pair of jeans ! I'm totally in love with it.

It's absolutely perfect. 

The fit is top notch (I got skinny legs now so it looks perfect to me), the lenght is perfect (I wear it high on the waist with a small cuff). It basically ended up EXACTLY how I expected and wanted it. Freakin awesome pair of jeans and I'm not exagerating. Even my butt looks good in it. The fabric broke down quite fast which is a good point considering how stiff it was. 

I might post a fitpic tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's possible. But you wouldn't notice.

Here's an excerpt from the Hayashi-san interview that Japanalogue did:

So you have changed your denim over the years?

Yes, 4 times. We’ve been using the same mill for years. (Here we went into a huge discussion about Japanese indigo history, the difference between Japan using pure white threads as opposed to yellow or ecru threads, and how hard it is to really tell the difference between different types of thread, thread twist, etc. in samples. This was all done while looking at various denim and thread samples so it’s a bit hard to translate without actually seeing the items Hayashi-san was talking about. Part of what he wanted to say was that even jeans makers themselves really can’t see or tell all the subtle differences in the thread samples..only the spinners can spot that level of detail. I must admit, they all looked pretty similar to me too!)

^thinking about the first pair of 710 I had (which I sold to Max Power) and the later versions I own now, there might be a small noticeable difference.

But some variations in the denim are always to be expected even when there was no change. So from the pairs I got over the last years I would have never said, Hayashi-san changed something.

20210812_105516.thumb.jpg.c6408b49cfcb702f7a0f5b60b7d72242.jpg

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I have two pairs I’ve worn once or twice and you can see the colour is different quite easily I have to take some pictures definitely different ones lighter than the other both once washed unless it’s the dyeing process that’s different? 

Edited by lee porter

Hey all, I'm excited to take the plunge on the 710's but I probably need some direction from those more knowledgeable with the brand. Where would you guys recommend purchasing from if I'm in the US? Also, I typically run size 34 for Momotaro and Flathead/RJB (D109FH X RJB) but I successfully squeezed into a size 33 for Stevenson's 727 (34 probably would have worked though too). What size would you guys recommend for a fit that is not on the tight side? Thanks for the input!!

Here are the US stockists of Resolute:

https://www.resolute.jp/stockist/overseas#n-amerca

I would chose the one with the best return policy in case something doesn't fit (although Alan Bilzerian is ridiculous overpriced).
From the other brands you wear I would say you can stick to a size 34.
For the Stevenson 727, what was the tight area (since SOC jeans are usually around 2-3" bigger in the waist than tag size, I assume it was ratehr the thighs?)

I picked up a pair of 710s at Blue In Green on Monday. My initial impression was confirmed on comparison today - the size 33 710 is nearly identical in fit and shape to my size 30 Full Count 0105 from 2013. I know the 0105 has now become a true relaxed cut, but back then it was still pretty slim. I think the 1108 now is more similar to the 0105 from back then. Anyway, lovely pair of jeans. I've really been enjoying a lower slung slim fit as my alternative to so much high, straight and wide in my S40s and Rickson chinos. I'm excited to start wearing in the fabric and seeing how it compares with the Warehouse and Full Count softer, more subtle fabrics than the slightly bolder TCBs and Devi's. I've been eyeing them for a few years and stoked to finally take the plunge!