RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Don't you think a 38 would already work?

I thought that, then I've seen a few people post measurements for 38s they have here and they almost seem too slim still.
Maybe I'm overestimating since I've just been wearing straight cuts more than anything else lately.

17 hours ago, lee porter said:

I take a 34 in freewheelers 51s and 38 in resolutes just got the 711s they’re so good :D

52 minutes ago, Broark said:

I thought that, then I've seen a few people post measurements for 38s they have here and they almost seem too slim still.
Maybe I'm overestimating since I've just been wearing straight cuts more than anything else lately.

3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Don't you think a 38 would already work?

I was thinking i'd also need to size up 4(2?) to a 38 after I saw how much the GBG shrank with frequent washing.

I think the GBGs are a bit more tapered from the knee down by comparison, but I haven't tried out the 710s in person yet.
Looking at the thigh/knee/hem measurements that others have posted for their 38s here they seem ever so slightly too small.
Ideally I'd like a 13.5 in. thigh / 9 in. knee / 8.5 in hem in a 60's cut. Slim but not too tight around the leg opening.
Some of the measurements posted here look closer to 13 in. / 8.5 in. / 8 in.
Not as concerned about the top block since the denim is stretchy, so if I sized up all the way to 40 I'd be swimming in the waist...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 10:45 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

Wait until you have a toddler and you’re finishing their dinner in addition to your own! I’d say you need to get a 10kg deficit before birth to account for the slow gain afterwards :biggrin:

10kg? I put on 10 years ...

@Duke Manteeconsidering my toddler son just had a coughing fit and vomited all over himself, right after I spent all that time cleaning and changing him in preparation for bed, I think +10 years sounds about right.

But a glass of Ardbeg whiskey makes everything a little better. 

Edited by cause4pause

Looking good @Bobbo, you just need to start washing them every week in true Hayashi-san style. B)
Does anyone here own both the 710s and LVC 1976 from a few years back?
I think these LVC are the closest pair I own compared to the 710, would be interested anyone here had both and could share any thoughts/comparisons on the cut.

21 hours ago, Broark said:

Looking good @Bobbo, you just need to start washing them every week in true Hayashi-san style. B)
Does anyone here own both the 710s and LVC 1976 from a few years back?
I think these LVC are the closest pair I own compared to the 710, would be interested anyone here had both and could share any thoughts/comparisons on the cut.

I own both as well and in terms of indigo hue they are indeed very similar.
The Resolute are hairer though and a bit more textured. The fit is also different (from the top of my head). The 1976 has a lower back rise and wider hips. They don't taper as much as the 710. Overall the 710 legs are slimmer. The 1976 has huge back pockets.

I could measure them to give you some numbers to my observation. My 1976 are size 34 and in the 710 I have 34 and 36.

@beautiful_FrEaK thanks for chiming in, if you could provide measurements that would be awesome. 
I want a pair of 710s but I'm having a hard time thinking I should size all the way up to 40 based on BiGs charts. The back rise on their charts also looks kind of low.
I wore my LVC '76s yesterday in size 36 and that's about as small of a leg opening as I can get on with these days. And you're right those back pockets are huge.
I also assume that the Resolute denim is a little more forgiving and stretchy by comparison, the Cone on the 76s is pretty rigid.
Ideally I would just be able to try a 38 and 40 on, but that's the way it is.

I own both the 710s and the 76s, both in size 32, and although the Resolutes fit perfect at first, with pandemic weight gain and subsequent shrinking, they feel like total slim fits now. Meanwhile, the 76s fit perfectly. On the Resolutes, the biggest areas of discomfort are the thighs and crotch and I feel like I can't ever pull them up all the way. So I either have to lose weight or get size 33s. But since buying the 710s, I've also really fallen in love with TCB 50s and I think when it comes time for my next pair of Resolutes, I'm going to try the 711s.