RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

Hi all, planning get my first pair and trying to work out the sizing. Don’t wear too much denim but currently have a size 28 Stevenson 727 (would’ve preferred 27 if they had) and a size 30 kapital century denim.

Based on measurements, it seems I should get a size 31 for the 710 but that seems like a bit much in my head. Did y’all go up a few sizes as well for your pairs? 

Yes, the 710 runs smaller. You have to pay attention to the hip and thighs measurements. 

Stevenson jeans are notoriously vanity sized so going up several sizes from SOC is normal. 

What do you jeans measure in the waist and thighs?

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

That length looks great to me @cesco10. You can usually have jeans hemmed in 1” increments at a minimum, as about an inch of fabric is taken up by the folds of the hem. So that’s another option if you just want to go a little shorter, without having to go through the trouble and expense of buying a new pair.

20 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I would measure your preferred inseam length and buy accordingly. Do you want to be able cuff? Add the size of the cuff to the inseam length. 

Which inseam lengths the correct one is totally up to your personal preference 

Before buying a new one I wash them again and put in the dryer. 
Which is the difference between L 30 and L 31 before washing?

thanks

1 hour ago, chicote said:

That length looks great to me @cesco10. You can usually have jeans hemmed in 1” increments at a minimum, as about an inch of fabric is taken up by the folds of the hem. So that’s another option if you just want to go a little shorter, without having to go through the trouble and expense of buying a new pair.

Thank so much mate! 

1 hour ago, cesco10 said:

Before buying a new one I wash them again and put in the dryer. 
Which is the difference between L 30 and L 31 before washing?

thanks

The difference is one inch.

Here you can see the different measurements in cm

https://www.sapporo-base.jp/smp/item/RESOLUTE_011.html

On 3/4/2021 at 11:08 AM, unionmade said:

those look great @cesco10 Just the right length (i enjoy afterall when the jeans/trousers slighly touches the shoe)... lovely herringbone woolcoat too!

Thank you so much, very kind! I really love my Resolute so I’ve just bought another one in blue to wear without cuff. Love also my white 710!

033BFA88-5E12-4692-B2CA-394219CC5EB8.jpeg

6507F174-6A6E-463D-955F-4B9E1C4DB5FA.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to be that guy you saw asking about shrinkage and concluding things are going to work out for him after all, only to post 5 months later the he's selling his pair of denim, but I'm selling my Resolute 10 Year Anniversary 710s size 34 x 36. Worn 5 times, cold washed and lined-dried twice.

Contact me if interested.

Edited by jdub

Anyone one know where I can find a pair of white 711s in size W30 L36? Best would be a shop that ships to the US, but curious either way. Sold out in that size at the Japanese retailers I was checking, not sure if any shops outside of Japan got anything other than L32 pairs.

Also curious if anyone knows whether there will be continued restocks of the white pairs.

• 3 weeks later...