RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

• 2 weeks later...

Had this been posted yet? Seems to be quite recent.
https://www.japanalogue.com/resolutes-yoshiyuki-hayashi/

I found this part very interesting. Was just thinking about that recently.
It makes sense, that he offers all these inseam options.

"So most people cut their jeans at various lengths according to their height, right? But you can see that, depending on how much they cut, how far up the jeans they go, it’s totally affecting the taper…it’s disappearing. This is what happens with normal jeans when they come in a set length and then you rely on hemming to fit every customer. You ruin the silhouette."

12 hours ago, indigoeagle said:

Had this been posted yet? Seems to be quite recent.
https://www.japanalogue.com/resolutes-yoshiyuki-hayashi/

I found this part very interesting. Was just thinking about that recently.
It makes sense, that he offers all these inseam options.

"So most people cut their jeans at various lengths according to their height, right? But you can see that, depending on how much they cut, how far up the jeans they go, it’s totally affecting the taper…it’s disappearing. This is what happens with normal jeans when they come in a set length and then you rely on hemming to fit every customer. You ruin the silhouette."

I am  not keen to get my jeans cut to length for that reason and also when I have I have always been disappointed with how they look. You used to be able to buy Levis any waist length you wanted. 

1 hour ago, bod said:

I wish he would do a westernised pattern of the 710. They don’t work for me unfortunately, otherwise they would be the only jeans I would buy.

Which part of the fit do you have problems with?
I find in many Japanese jeans it is the top block. It's often too narrow and the back tends to stick out.

You should try the 712 it works much better I have sized up from a 36 in the 712 to a 38 in the 710 I have the 710s in a 36 but there a bit tight around the thighs the 38 is a bit bulky around the top block nuts more comfortable that’ll be a great idea to western it though wouldn’t it 

1 hour ago, indigoeagle said:

Which part of the fit do you have problems with?
I find in many Japanese jeans it is the top block. It's often too narrow and the back tends to stick out.

Hip, thigh, knee.. I found I’d want the dimensions of a size 34 but with the waist of the 33.

Finally took the plunge and bought 711, lovely denim but it bothers me that the front rise is too short, it is difficult even to keep the shirt tuck in without it coming off.  Does anyboy have that problem?  Is there a model from Resolute with a longer rise?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

those fade images push me to machine wash often 

regarding the 711 b_F -- trends are funny, I just can't wear a low rise now -- it just looks dated.  I have a great pair of RMC... tried them on and in my mind it looked like a 3 inch rise... Ill have to put those away until low rise jeans are back in style...

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my 710 directly from Japan (chamberTokyo.com) without using VPN, and without having to pay taxes (thanks god) even though they put the real price on the package (22 000 Y).

Was supposed to take 8 days to arrive, but it took 14 days (because Covid and because christmas season) as it got stuck an entire week in Paris airport. 

Took a 33W30L because I wanted the short "Hayashi" type of lenght (I'm 5'10 - 165lbs). The lenght is fine (I think I should have went with a 31L though), but the problem is around the thighs and knees. It's too slim for my liking. Below the knee is dope (vintage type of cut, almost bootcut, which I dig a lot), above the knee is too slim. Actually It's so slim that when I put my phone and my wallet in the front pockets, it looks weird. 

I might order a 34W31L, or just move on to another model. The thing is, it looks dope on pictures (especially the front), but IRL it looks way slimmer  especially on the 3/4 view and on the sides. I got skinny legs and I don't usually like to show it, that's why I prefer some thigh and knee room.

Fabric is dope and does stretch around the waist, even after 10 minutes. 

Hope this helps people my size and build to figure out the thing.

Pictures where it looks good:

IMG_20201229_112707.thumb.jpg.5658df9df21bccc34e445b5e37237a71.jpg

IMG_20201229_112955.thumb.jpg.d9f59deb303c5660b92c6d3b775dc854.jpgIMG_20201229_115326.thumb.jpg.89146b63a298a17b72036628677d2eba.jpg

Pictures where it looks too slim:

IMG_20201229_113833.thumb.jpg.3f7b5ba4430b798a3dd6b012c72eed23.jpgIMG_20201229_115214.thumb.jpg.b96fd188ae9347447ac164c77ac7ee0d.jpgIMG_20201229_115222.thumb.jpg.1ad44fba7b74d4370a217b5f6c129c82.jpg

Edited by DavidThoreau

In my opinion the fit looks great but if you don't feel the cut, it might make sense to size up to the W34 in the 710.

If you can manage a lower rise, the 711 in size 33 will give you definitely more room in the legs.

There are some shops in France carrying those models if you don't want to order again from Japan. 

Frans Boone store from the Netherlands has quite competitive prices to Japanese retail, French shops like Jinji or so are definitely more expensive. 

Yeah I definitly might try a 34 as this jeans are giving me a good vibe and I want them to work/give them another chance. But as for now I much prefer my orslows and my LVC 54 (about to order the 84 btw).  

711 seems like a good option but the lower rise is tricky. Dunno how I feel about that. Guess I'll have to go to Paris to try. To be honest, I even feel a bit bad about the Co2 emissions my order from Japan garnered (Japan -> Paris -> south of France).

Overall, the slim thighs and knees might not be a problem on an asian build if you're slimmer all the way. Then it looks harmonious with good proportions. But in my case, I'm rather big on the upper body (I'm a size L) and the slim above knee area from the jeans makes it a weird transition, at least with my build. It's a problem I've been dealing with since my APC's.

I checked Frans Boone (and other shops) earlier, but Resolute seems sold out. I have to say ChamberTokyo was a nice shopping experience though, item dispatch 2 hours after my order and shipping for free.

Hey!

I have a pair of 710 In size 31, that are too small for me. I got them second hand, but I don't to think they've been worn. I've only washed them. $120 shipped in the US!

If any one is interested, let me know. 

20201213_140354.jpg

20201213_135525.jpg

20201213_135433.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello mates, yesterday I bought my first pair of Resolute: white 710 in size 32/32.

Usually in other brands I'm a 30/30 but these Resolute fit different. I have put them in the machine at 40 degrees and the length now is 2 cm shorter and they fit spot on.

Maybe they are a bit too tight on the bottom....they will stretch?

I wanna buy a 710 in blue denim....do you suggest the same size of the white?

Thanks

Edited by cesco10