RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

Decided to take a few pics of my pair of 710s, worn on and off for about a year and a half, with maybe around 6 actual months of solid wear. Washed And tumble dried every 2 weeks or so. 

I have a complicated relationship with the fit these, I love everything about the denim / construction/ concept overall, but the proportions of the front rise and around the crotch area start to bug me after a few wears. I wish the rise was just a bit higher.. I sized up 1 thinking I would get a slightly roomier fit and bit higher rise but in reality it just feels a little loose in the waistband. Still amazing jeans but imo the cut is definitely best suited for Japanese proportions

252F374B-7D52-4725-B6B0-75DA83A61D5A.jpeg

F85A96E9-6159-46B2-B98C-9B77EC1FB33D.jpeg

C26FB35E-BE5B-4BEF-B2FF-A840C0E426BA.jpeg

B927292A-D977-4C83-94D3-1BDE9382F761.jpeg

AAFB7216-B897-4A52-8683-E61267A84981.jpeg

Edited by Fooleo

On 6/19/2020 at 7:24 PM, SmokeStackLightning said:

I went with my normal size of 34.

My pair is one wash, and I have warm machine washed them and have ran them in the dryer on low heat. 
No shrinkage what so ever. Just the typical tightening up but that relaxes shortly after wearing them. 

So TTS is the way to go? Does it make a difference if I buy one wash vs raw? I want to pull the trigger on a pair of 710s but am hesitant to buy a pair i never tried on before so want to be sure.. 

11 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

So TTS is the way to go? Does it make a difference if I buy one wash vs raw? I want to pull the trigger on a pair of 710s but am hesitant to buy a pair i never tried on before so want to be sure.. 

Honestly I would go one wash and get the measurements from Pants Shop Ave on a pair to avoid any surprises. 

Yes I would go true to size. Especially if you plan on washing often. 

Hey guys, I decided to get size 32 (34 length) and I’m happy I did so, 31 would have been too tight everywhere; 32 is great: waist fits well and everything else is slightly loose, should be perfect after a soak. Shoutout to Sapporo-base for great service and fast shipping! They also seem to be pretty much the only place to store the raw version, if it’s something you’re into; I really like buying raw whenever possible.

Fabric is very stiff and crunchy, my thumb is still sore after butting the fly; denim is not hairy at all when it’s raw. Also very starchy, I love that smell. This does feel like an ultimate pair of jeans; very basic and minimalistic, in the best way possible; Love that slight curve to the back pockets, a nice touch. These are now drying after a ~20 min warm soak with agitation, I’ll post the measurements later for anyone curious.

509A95BA-5C1E-46F8-9411-46FC91F83C67.jpeg

9ED32F29-C4E5-4160-80F0-B33B4323F3BE.jpeg

59F26063-70A2-42EB-B6DD-4B794B1EE58C.jpeg

DFB69DB1-703A-4E3E-B031-E151A1215DE2.jpeg

44079D98-87A6-411C-A1EC-A20DA23E7DB0.jpeg

^ I don't know what you future washing regime looks like but if I were you I would soak again and put them in the washing machine afterwards to save you from surprises.

A 20 minute soak with hand agitation is not much.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Soaked them a second time. They dried crazy fast outside in the sun. Here’re the measurements for size 32x34:

Waist: 31.5”

Thigh (at crotch): 11.6”

Knee (14” from crotch): 8.5”

Hem: 7.8”

Front rise: 11”

Back rise: 15.2”

Inseam: 31.5”

Almost no change after a second soak, maybe 1/2” in inseam. I suspect it could shrink even more, but probably won’t given my gentle washing/drying routine. 

Leg twist is very prominent, as expected; however, there’s almost no hairiness to the fabric, wonder how that’ll change in the future. Also, I haven’t seen anyone complain about it, but front pocket openings are fairly small and pocket bags themselves quite shallow. I doubt it’s as bad as TFH, but certainly a bit annoying imo. Back pockets, on the other hand, are nicely spaced out and have great proportions in general. I wonder whether the excess of the fabric on the inside is intentional though.

I bought a pair of resolute 710's after trying them out at Frans Boone.

I actually wanted a slimmer silhouette but found the 710 better fitting for my body type. I could squeeze myself in a pair of 33 but sized up to a size 34 and they're very comfy. Happy customer here :)

Edited by greathoudini

So I got my pair of 710s in the mail today from Pants Shop Ave (great service btw, I paid on Wednesday and got my jeans on Monday).

Here are the measurements for a tag size 38 x33 one wash:

waist 35.5 

front rise: 11.25

Back rise 15

thigh 13

knee 8.75

inseam 30 

hem 8 

this is the first pair of one wash denim I bought. I havent decided if i like them that much yet but will still keep... Ideally this pair would be about .25 inches wider throughout the leg and maybe half an inch ahorter in the hem but hoping they will stretch a bit. In terms of fit, these jeans remind me of Flathead 3002 But with a higher rise. At any rate I’m planning on making this pair my frequent wash jeans.

59 minutes ago, Broark said:

Thanks for the measurements, I think Resolute is a brand that just isn't meant to be for me.
I should try wearing my 711's more often, the rise just annoys me personally.

You and me both haha. I tried at least haha, but just not meant to be, and the rise is just way too low for the other cuts. 

And it seems yours were more tapered them mine @1fookntitefd wish I had your pair haha but still too slim.

Edited by d-rew12

5 minutes ago, d-rew12 said:

You and me both haha. I tried at least haha, but just not meant to be, and the rise is just way too low for the other cuts. 

And it seems yours were more tapered them mine @1fookntitefd wish I had your pair haha but still too slim.

Haha i feel you. As it is these are going to be my office jeans. I’ll wear them with dress shoes and rock them maybe 1-2x a week. My RJBs are still my main pair.

3 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Anyone know how much the inseam will shrink on my one wash pair if I tumble dry?  I could probably use a little shrinkage... 

I didn’t get anything noticeable after using low heat. High heat may get a little bit though, maybe like half an inch. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there if I get 710 in 38w and 34l and get them hemmed to the as a w38 l30 will they be the same I can’t find a pair of resolute 10th anniversary’s in a w38 l30 any where I’m sure I’ve read on here the pattern is different for each leg length if so is it much different any help appreciated cheers 

Hey 711 wearers... looking for some sizing guidance.

A pair of new one wash 30/ 32s came in the mail today. Crazy about them already. Unfortunately these are too short, I have to return them and order from Japan I guess. I read through the thread but still have a few questions.

1. The 711 is a different denim than the 710, 712 & 713. What is the stretch like? I’ve had a few Guinnesses with dinner, and these feel slightly tight in the waist- getting towards the right width, but not quite there, still a little tight. Earlier today they felt a few hairs short of proper. Totally comfortable otherwise at both times. It seems the other denim stretches a lot- does the 711 denim? Should I go to 29?

2. Can anyone comment on how the 711 pattern changes with inseam increase? For sizes 29 and 30, I’m seeing some 34 but mostly 36” length pairs (unfortunately no odd numbers like the 710 guys get). Don’t have a problem with getting them hemmed, that’s easy- more curious what happens to the cut.

Hi everyone.   I think I will take the plunge to get 710 and or 711.   Regarding sizing if I’m planning to put them through hot wash and high heat tumble dry should I buy 1 or 2 size larger?    Does the leg shrink munch on them?

I am a 32 on Boncoura, 34 on LVC37 and 3 on Orslow 105.        

thank you 

5 hours ago, vexed_wear said:

Hi everyone.   I think I will take the plunge to get 710 and or 711.   Regarding sizing if I’m planning to put them through hot wash and high heat tumble dry should I buy 1 or 2 size larger?    Does the leg shrink munch on them?

I am a 32 on Boncoura, 34 on LVC37 and 3 on Orslow 105.        

thank you 

I am a 31 in the Boncoura 66 (can do 30 but wouldn't machine dry them) and I take 32 in the 710 and 711. (could do 31 if not machine dryed).

I think you would be good with 33 or 34 for extra space on the 710 and 711

31 minutes ago, Collin said:

I am a 31 in the Boncoura 66 (can do 30 but wouldn't machine dry them) and I take 32 in the 710 and 711. (could do 31 if not machine dryed).

I think you would be good with 33 or 34 for extra space on the 710 and 711

Thank you Collin

Edited by vexed_wear

I have the boncoura z type in a 33 and I’ve got the 710 in a 36 and I’m going to get a 38 as after the washer dryer I’d prefer a bit more room around the thighs I’ve got quite big legs and weigh 88kg and am 5.11 hope this helps 

Hey all,

I've got a pair of Resolute 710 size 31x34. Bought second hand, washed, and never worn by me. They show no signs of wear. They are just a little too slim on me. 

$140 shipped in the USA. Open to offers! 

IMG_20200408_183450.jpg

Edited by istewi

Sized up two sizes from my normal on the 713 for a looser fit. 

Is there much difference in the 713 and the 710? Other than the 713’s lower rise? Are they made with the same denim? I noticed some have a paper patch and others have leather.

I bought these at a small store in Narita, was looking for 710 but they didn’t have my size. 

5699DFAC-EF46-4EAD-B58D-6B78C05D9213.jpeg