RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

9 hours ago, Kit Carruthers said:

@beautiful_FrEaKThe thigh is what troubles me. I need a bit of room there. It’s always the downfall of slimmer cuts for me, so I’m thinking 34 might be safer.

Hej mate, the thighs of my 710 (size 34) measure 12.5" right now. Measured BiG style directly at the crotch and including all fabric.

27 minutes ago, propellerbeanie said:

Damn @Max Power, those look good! Maybe I should have got the white 711s...

Thanks a lot. I really like them, even if I have to stretch them quite a bit and have to get used to the color. Wearing them to work today makes me feel pretty ivy league. 

@unders I'm sorry I can't take out your tag in the auto restored content. 

Edited by Max Power

As with the above post, please let me know if B&S isn't allowed but I'm looking to sell one of my AA710s in W32 L32 / W32 L34. 

Pricewise I'm thinking $180 shipped CONUS via PayPal.

Measurements are:

Waist: 14.75
Rise 11.5
Thigh 10.5
Leg Opening 7.5
Inseam 30 (29 for L32)
Outseam 40 (39 for L32)

Please PM if interested and I can provide more pictures or answer any questions. Thanks!

IMG_1197.jpg

Great thread. Made the plunge after 3-4 years in orslow.

Fit check and help pls!

These are a 34/34.

Anyone think I could get away with a 33/33? 34 feel snug on waist and hips, but not overly tight...

Measurements on inseam from Beige Habeilleur were 3cm different (shorter) than what I received, sadly.

Will these shrink overall with washing though, particularly length? Plan to wash monthly.

IMG_8075.jpg

IMG_8076.jpg

7 minutes ago, andrew_ said:

Great thread. Made the plunge after 3-4 years in orslow.

Fit check and help pls!

These are a 34/34.

Anyone think I could get away with a 33/33? 34 feel snug on waist and hips, but not overly tight...

Measurements on inseam from Beige Habeilleur were 3cm different (shorter) than what I received, sadly.

Will these shrink overall with washing though, particularly length? Plan to wash monthly.

I think it's a great fit and the perfect size in "width". Inseam length is really more of a personal liking. I think this length would be perfect for a double cuff. A little bit too long for single cuff. 

Resolute one wash, in my own experience, don't really shrink more in width (they only come back to initial one wash measurments after being stretched then washed). On the other hand, my Resolute one wash have lost another 1cm in the inseam after 1 wash and 1 machine dry. 

Try the double cuff to see if you like it. IMO don't size down waist size. Return them if you wanted a longer or shorter pair or go to Superstitch Paris (if your in France and Paris, as you bought it on Beige) and get them hemmed. He uses the same thread as Resolute (as Hayashi is his threads dealer)

4 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I agree with Collin. The waist size looks about right. A size 33 might be too tight. Inseam wise a 33 would also be better if you want the Hayashi-san look.

A trip through the dryer can shrink them more, I think my L34 shrank additional 2 cm.

Yes! A couple more centimeters seems to be an apprx rule for all onewash pair I’ve experienced (Resolutw and others).

I think @andrew_ could go 33x33 or even 33x32. Going to a gemming service is also an option if you have worn your jeans, just make sure to wash and drye once before choosing the definitive length :)

Thanks guys.

Looking back at the pics, I think they look a bit big in the waist?

Looking for a fit somewhere in between mine and unionmade's above!

@Collin you say not to size down in the waist in your first reply, then to size down in your second!

I've asked for actual measurements of 33/32 and 33/34 at Beige, and hope that they work for an exchange.

I would like to support Beige as I always appreciate their stock selection, and their service has been amazing: a package got to me in London from Paris in less than 24h!

If not, if someone can recommend a UK (or EU) stockist of 33/33 or 34/33, that'd be amazing.

Edited by andrew_

Yeah sorry, definitely go for 34 waist. Plus the frequent washing will prevent over stretching. Trust me. I’ve gone from 31 to 32 and now 33 on the 710 (and it’s the 31 which fit me the « best » on the waist, not tight but just right. But the extra space sizing up gives is irremplaçable. No more troubles after washing, more comfor, better fit on thighs... Etc.)

13 hours ago, andrew_ said:

I've asked for actual measurements of 33/32 and 33/34 at Beige, and hope that they work for an exchange.

Hey man, I have a W33 L33 in the 710. I've been wearing them for a number of months and can give you the measurements when I get home =)

Edit: Here are my measurements BiG style. This is after stretching/wearing (machine washed and tumble dried a number of times over the last six months).

Waist: 42.25cm

Front rise: 28cm

Back rise: 40cm

Thigh: 31.25cm

Knee: 22cm

Hem: 19.25cm

Inseam: 77cm

Edited by propellerbeanie

Thanks @propellerbeanie! Actually looks pretty spot on.

I think mine are abnormally long for a 34 leg anyway: 82cm is longer than I've seen on any size chart.

Hopefully the actual measurements of the 33/34 pair Beige have in stock will be a bit shorter.

If not, any recommendations for EU stores stocking 33/33 would be great.

Jinji have them, but charge more for the jeans, plus don't offer free shipping either. Ends up costing €35 more.

You could also wait for Frans Boone store to restock. They are the cheapest among the European retailers.

"Official" length for the L34 in one-wash is 81 cm so your 82 cm are not too far off and I think that's in the expected variation.
Like we said, another wash and tumble-dryer session might shrink them to 80 cm or so but yeah, exchaning for a shorter inseam is probably the easier/safer solution.

19 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

"Official" length for the L34 in one-wash is 81 cm so your 82 cm are not too far off and I think that's in the expected variation.

Thanks again for your help.

I didn't know there were official measurements.

Going off Frans Boone and Beige's measurements, these are around an inch longer than what those stores have taken as an average. To be honest, even the waist is smaller by a couple of cm than most other measurements I've seen too.

Not the variance I'd expect from a brand offering so many inseam lengths, and focusing on an almost tailored look.

Sending my ones back, may try again when other places re-stock.

Edited by andrew_

I would look at multiple sites to compare the measurements and always make sure how these shops measure their jeans.
Of course, for the inseam there aren't many ways to measure though.

Here's another example:

https://shop.zabou.org/?pid=38936776 (at the bottom)

or here:
https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bears/item/resolute-710/

Edit: or you can take your pair to a tailor and get it hemmed, another option of course.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Compared at least 3 sites before buying, didn't look at Japanese ones though.

Very confusing sizing system to start with, being inches undersized.

Having minor increments in waist/length seems great, but not when the 'variance' can essentially push you up/down a size...

Wouldn't be expected in similarly priced tailored trousers. Just feels like too much effort - I'm personally out until I can go and try them on in a shop!