RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

Hi there, new on this forum ! I feel blessed to now be part of the Resolute Community :)
I just have purchased the AA711 from Random Walk's eshop and received it yesterday. I have a few questions concerning the AA711:

1) Does anyone know if the white denim will stretch as much as the blue denim ? I mean, the white denim seems to stretch, but I still feel a bit tighter on the white denim for now, compared to the 711 blue denim I have (both are W30). Will I reach the same result as on the blue denim? 

2) Generally speaking, I like to wear my jeans a bit large, and I would like to stretch them as much as possible... Any tips for this? 

Happy share photos of my AA711 if needed!

Edited by Sakamoyorke

1 hour ago, Sakamoyorke said:

Hi there, new on this forum ! I feel blessed to now be part of the Resolute Community :)
I just have purchased the AA711 from Random Walk's eshop and received it yesterday. I have a few questions concerning the AA711:

1) Does anyone know if the white denim will stretch as much as the blue denim ? I mean, the white denim seems to stretch, but I still feel a bit tighter on the white denim for now, compared to the 711 blue denim I have (both are W30). Will I reach the same result as on the blue denim? 

2) Generally speaking, I like to wear my jeans a bit large, and I would like to stretch them as much as possible... Any tips for this? 

Happy share photos of my AA711 if needed!

I don't know about their stretch ability but like I've said, in my experience it's better to buy a pair of white pant the perfect fit or slightly too big because it needs to be washed every wear or so. I couldn't see myself wearing a pair of white pant for a week straight unless I'm staying at home on my couch. Theses things get dirty quickly. If you already feel constricted on your pair, definitely exchange it for the bigger size.

Tip to stretch the waist : Soak the waist in cold water. Button up your pants and stretch the waist with both hands. I do that on every jeans after a machine wash to get instantly the stretch back to where it is after apprx 10-20 wears.

Thank you very much @Collin for you reply. Actually, I saw this pic from Superstitch on his instagram (photo 1) and wanted to get the same result. Don't know if I am going to reach it though.... Photo 2 to 7 are mine, I wear the jeans since yesterday... feel to give me your opinion!

Capture d’écran 2020-04-22 à 11.38.28.png

100533448_2634616140157720_8318276239785721856_n.jpg

100662122_279375120116778_7044902858398892032_n.png

100756310_548936009124031_7411356696523571200_n.png

100785391_596004871273528_7558988599526424576_n.png

101018470_739812286760925_930008686150025216_n.png

Capture d’écran 2020-05-26 à 16.26.35.png

Edited by Sakamoyorke

Thank you @beautiful_FrEaK :) I feel a bit tight at the waist, the buttocks, and the thighs...

stretching them out by hand is really an option " : do you mean to soak the waist in cold water, to button up the pants and to stretch the waist with both hands, just like @Collin suggested me? Do I need to wash my jeans before doing that? Can I do that for the buttocks and the thighs as well? 

Or should I just size up to get the same result as Superstitch's photo? 

Edited by Sakamoyorke

52 minutes ago, Sakamoyorke said:

Thank you @beautiful_FrEaK :) I feel a bit tight at the waist, the buttocks, and the thighs...

stretching them out by hand is really an option " : do you mean to soak the waist in cold water, to button up the pants and to stretch the waist with both hands, just like @Collin suggested me? Do I need to wash my jeans before doing that? Can I do that for the buttocks and the thighs as well? 

Or should I just size up to get the same result as Superstitch's photo? 

I think you already have the same result. Your pair has a longer inseam and inseam length change drastically the overall fit imo. Yeah, cold soak the waist (it needs to be fully wet) then stretches gently with the buttons attached. You will win easily 1-2cms in a few minutes. You also could stretches the buttocks area too with your hand but I would advise against that because it could mess up with the fit. You could also wear the pant with the top part wet while doing squats to stretch to conform your body. But it's next level and so APC/Nudie 2010 era ahaha

@Sakamoyorke I think that fit looks good, particularly from the front, but I can see what you mean about it maybe being a little tight around the butt, and I've never really known a pair to stretch in that area. If they're not comfortable and you have the option, I'd size up. Seeing those pics actually kind of makes me want these – they look way less bright white than I was thinking they were, for some reason.

@Kit Carruthers If you are searching for some white  Ecru jeans. I can't recommend enough Boncoura and Warehouse 800XX. I own both and they are spectacular in everyday. My favorite would be the boncoura for the hardware and fabric and warehouse for the fit. Haven't seen the resolute in person but I'm sure I would fall in love and instant buy... I must resist.

@CollinI'm gonna do that right now (cold soak the jeans). No need to wash my jean before, correct? 

@Kit Carruthers : actually the jeans are not fully white, but ecru, as Collin said. I was looking for something ecru as well, and the Resolute AA711 are perfect for this. If you want more pictures to see the colour more accurately, feel free to ask!

Edited by Sakamoyorke

Resolute 711, bought them in 34x32 one-wash. 

Lovely denim, fit is also quite nice in the top block. Inseam is definitely short and the way the leg opening stands out because of the creases makes it look extra weird.

20200527_095321.thumb.jpg.a8c8d9b4d64dd46d95c46820e48ab2ab.jpg20200527_095401.thumb.jpg.a75839ff78a8cc9d2cedce70ad985754.jpg20200527_095344.thumb.jpg.e43b34eb1f9b13523ec54916c082483b.jpg

Edit: or maybe it's just too short :D

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

@Sakamoyorke Pas besoin de laver ton jeans avant, sauf si il est sale. Ce n'est pas un brut avec de l'indigo. Suffit de remplir une bassine d'eau froide ou tiède peut importe, de mettre la ceinture du jeans dedans quelques minutes pour bien la tremper d'eau et ensuite de faire tous les boutons et de l'élargir avec tes deux main de l'intérieure vers l'extérieur. Va y doucement puis avec plus de force et en bougeant tes mains à différents endroit pour que l'élargissement soit équilibré. 

@Collin j'ai fait exactement ce que tu m'as dit hier : tremper le jean dans l'eau froide et l'étirer au maximum... je l'ai fait sur toutes les parties du jeans que je trouvais trop serrées (taille, fesses, cuisses, genoux) pendant bien 45 min / 1H, et je l'ai laissé sécher toute la nuit. Le résultat est assez saisissant... il s'est sensiblement élargi de partout c'est assez dingue ! Merci pour ce précieux tip ! Il a du prendre une demi taille partout