RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

8 hours ago, Collin said:

My best advice for white pant is : Don't think about waist stretch as you will wash this pant really often (once very 1-3 wear). They in my opinion don't get the time to really stretch unless you stretch the waist with your hand after a wash while still being wet.

That's a really good point. I'm more worried about the thighs than anything else, especially because I see such conflicting measurements.

5 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

That's a really good point. I'm more worried about the thighs than anything else, especially because I see such conflicting measurements.

Which sites have you been looking at? It can definitely be a bit confusing, but I've noticed that a lot of Japanese retailers list the thigh measurement as 10cm from the crotch seam. 

7 minutes ago, propellerbeanie said:

Which sites have you been looking at? It can definitely be a bit confusing, but I've noticed that a lot of Japanese retailers list the thigh measurement as 10cm from the crotch seam. 

I was looking at a couple Rakuten stores and on Brogue Shop. 

How's the construction and hardware quality of Resolute? Do any of them come with a leather patch and back pocket hidden rivets? Are there any details that owners particularly enjoy? 

I'm debating between Resolute and Full Count. I might be wrong, but looking at some fade photos, it looks like Full Count may also have rolled back pocket edges. Does anyone have both and can draw some comparisons? Thanks. 

IMO those Japanese brands play all in the same ballpark regarding quality. That said, Resolute is getting that "run of the mills, no frills jeans" vibe pretty good. The details are not so exaggerated and feel more true to the original. Belt loops are only slightly raised, back pockets aren't. 

The model you look for is called 711. It has hidden rivets, a leather patch. It's a 50s inspired cut. Full legs but a rather short rise.

For me, Resolute is about the fit, style and simple aesthetic. And I just love the designer, Hayashi-san. 

wmb, today  I wear them 6th day and I think they have still to wait for washing another 2-4 wear, because of still not dirty enough :o), after I will report ... 

15 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

The model you look for is called 711. It has hidden rivets, a leather patch. It's a 50s inspired cut. Full legs but a rather short rise.

Thanks. Being short and small-sized, I tend to look pretty dumpy in fuller cuts, so I was looking into the 712. Are these the ones with the lowest rise and smallest leg opening? They don’t have the features of the 711, but the cut is definitely most important. Those short inseams are great, I don’t need to hem and never need to cuff.

I'd really appreciate some advice on purchasing a new pair of Resolute 710's.

I bought a second hand pair on ebay, tagged size 28W 29L which now measure at 27 W and 26.5, I assume through shrinkage. They fit me perfectly on the waist and thighs but I think slightly too short in the leg- see photos below. I like the 'ankle-freezer' look but like my shins to be kept covered!

Can any suggest which size I should opt for a new pair?

Many thanks

IMG_9354.jpg

IMG_7517.JPG

@penrose if the waist and thighs fit, just take the same waist size.

As for the inseam, how much longer do you need? The 710 comes in 1" increases, so if your L29 is too short, just take L30 or even L31 depending on how much longer you really want. Maybe you have another, longer pair which you can cuff to the desired length? Measure the length you want and buy accordingly. 

@beautiful_FrEaK thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

I guess I'm worried about how much the One Wash shrink. I don't know if the second hand pair in the pics is Rigid version or One wash. They are tagged 28 waist but now measure 27 which fits me, if slightly tight. Would you recommend 28 or 27 waist for my new pair?

The second hand jeans are tagged 29L but now measure 26.5 inseam. I'd love them to be around 2.5 - 3 inches longer. Do you know if the leg length shrinks on the One Wash? I'd like them to fit trim on the ankle like Hayashi San wears them.

@penrose it shouldn't matter if one-wash or raw. In the end they end up all at the same size. Since your pair has been washed a lot it surely reached the final size. So if that size works for you, no need to take a different size.

We don't know if the previous owner put these in the tumble dryer. If he has, the inseam definitely shrank some more. So yes, even the one-wash jeans can shrink some more.

If you want roughly 3" longer, I would buy a L32 if I were you.

2 hours ago, penrose said:

Thanks for the advice @beautiful_FrEaK and @wmb!

Would you advise the L32 inseam even though I generally take an inseam between L29-30?

Cheers

I those in the picture above are 29, I personally would take a 32.  31 for a flood look but you can always roll up a touch and can't add length 

49 minutes ago, wmb said:

I those in the picture above are 29, I personally would take a 32.  31 for a flood look but you can always roll up a touch and can't add length 

They're tagged L29 but now measure 26.5 inches- would you still recommend 31/32? On most jeans I wear 29/30 inseam.

Thanks

Edited by penrose

On 5/24/2020 at 1:19 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Hej 711 owners. How long is your L32 inseam in reality?! :)

Your resident 711 wearer here! If measured like in this pic, the L32 is approximately 76cm.

20200525_143324-01.thumb.jpeg.a1f8f0b772fb78672069d588c66b1e3a.jpeg

Edit: This is my W32 L32, but I can take more measurements if you need :D

Edited by propellerbeanie