RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

1 hour ago, vIGGiou riou said:

wmb wait with decision 2 - 3 days of wear. When I tried my new AA710 in size 34/36 I was little bit scruple if they will work in that slim cut... but now after 5 days I am completely sure, that my decision of size was right... as standard 710, white's are stretching like hell ... and as b_F's pair, my 710 in size 36/36 will go ...

v r -- I just got the "white" natural 710 36/36 and the fit is great.  just slim enough that with some  stretch, they will be perfect

I have the blue denim 710 in 34/36 that are a bit slim in the thigh and knee (wishing I had those in 36 too)

Does this increase or reduce the risk of ‘slipping out’? Presumably that’s all down to todger fly ratio. Could be risky. The Ivy books don’t discuss this risk so is it period correct?

So many questions. None remotely relevant!

Edited by unders

1 hour ago, unders said:

Does this increase or reduce the risk of ‘slipping out’? Presumably that’s all down to todger fly ratio. Could be risky. The Ivy books don’t discuss this risk so is it period correct?

So many questions. None remotely relevant!

Were Ivy todgers special?

Should I get size 31 in 710 if I want ~31–31.5” waist after stretch? There have been a lot of comments about sizing already (I read the whole thread yesterday), but I just want to be safe. As a side note, I’m glad I finally noticed that Resolute 710 size charts I saw online had thigh measured at 4” below crotch, explaining the ridiculously slim (~10.3” for size 31) measurements, which means they should fit me!

hmm ... 32 could finish after stretching as 33-33,5 ... depends what kind of fit you prefer ... if you buy 31, they would be around 30,5 without wear, after 2 hours, they could be 31,5... much more problematic is thigh ... 

Edited by vIGGiou riou

1 hour ago, Cocoa_Lapin said:

Should I get size 31 in 710 if I want ~31–31.5” waist after stretch? There have been a lot of comments about sizing already (I read the whole thread yesterday), but I just want to be safe. As a side note, I’m glad I finally noticed that Resolute 710 size charts I saw online had thigh measured at 4” below crotch, explaining the ridiculously slim (~10.3” for size 31) measurements, which means they should fit me!

These run quite slim in the thigh and knee -- I would get a size up. 

Yeah, I’m afraid it’s gonna stretch too much in the waist if I size up to 32. My legs are fairly slim, thigh is ~20.5” at its thickest. For reference, I am size 30 in SC Okinawa, 31 in Samurai, 31 in Roy (could’ve gone for 30 easily), 30 in Oni. I also plan to get the raw version and soak/wash it myself for the first time.

9 minutes ago, Cocoa_Lapin said:

Yeah, I’m afraid it’s gonna stretch too much in the waist if I size up to 32. My legs are fairly slim, thigh is ~20.5” at its thickest. For reference, I am size 30 in SC Okinawa, 31 in Samurai, 31 in Roy (could’ve gone for 30 easily), 30 in Oni. I also plan to get the raw version and soak/wash it myself for the first time.

I have 34 and 33 in R01, 34 in SC 1947 II

36 OOE 02 

my 710 in 34 are by far the tightest in the thigh.  I have the natural 710 in W36 and they are a much better fit for me - and don’t seem that much bigger than the 34 actually. 

buying raw may make a difference for you.  

5 minutes ago, wmb said:

buying raw may make a difference for you.  

But will probably just postpone the inevitable to some months later. Personally, I much prefer getting one-wash and I know that they will work out (if I don't change too much).

@Cocoa_Lapin waist-wise the 31 should work for you but the critical areas are as already mentioned the thighs and the slim hips. So double check the thighs from multiple sites to be sure.

Thank you all for the feedback!

I believe the thigh measurements work out for me, from what I’ve seen. The thigh 4” from crotch is ~10.3” for size 31 OW; when I measure a pair of my jeans that fit me well (I could even pinch 1/2-1” of fabric on the thigh), they’re 10.5”. I’ll definitely double check  chart measurements on multiple sites though, just to be sure.

Resolute 710 w38x34

one wash measurements 

Waist - 18inches across rear of waist band

Front Rise - 11inches

Back Rise - 15.5inches

Inseam - 31.5inches

Leg Opening - 7.75inches

Pretty perfect for myself.  So much more comfortable in the thigh than my w36 pair.  Waist not that much different but reckon it will stretch a bit.  
Hard to believe I have had these in w34, 36 and now 38 and all have fitted.  This pair is obviously the most comfortable. 

Yeah they are a slim fit that’s for sure.  These w38’s are probably more comparable to w34 in some other brands.  I would certainly not be a w38 in anything else.  But then they are made primarily for Japanese so being a westerner I need to size up accordingly!! 

3 hours ago, cmo said:

Resolute 710 w38x34

one wash measurements 

Front Rise - 11inches

Back Rise - 15.5inches

Inseam - 31.5inches

Leg Opening - 7.75inches

Pretty perfect for myself.  So much more comfortable in the thigh than my w36 pair.  Waist not that much different but reckon it will stretch a bit.  
Hard to believe I have had these in w34, 36 and now 38 and all have fitted.  This pair is obviously the most comfortable. 

Same here, just have not bought a 38 yet!  I have 34 and 36 as well -- can wear both but 36 is much more comfortable -- but I think a 38 would still fit... the sizing increments don't seem to increase the overall fit too much with the 710's...

4 hours ago, cmo said:

Resolute 710 w38x34

one wash measurements 

Front Rise - 11inches

Back Rise - 15.5inches

Inseam - 31.5inches

Leg Opening - 7.75inches

Do you have thigh and knee measurements? 

you should get the "white" ones b F -- they are really nice, you wont regret it

unless you have other white jeans, then no need, but one pair is really versatile in the spring and summer

My best advice for white pant is : Don't think about waist stretch as you will wash this pant really often (once very 1-3 wear). They in my opinion don't get the time to really stretch unless you stretch the waist with your hand after a wash while still being wet.