RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

at the end of second day I have to say that 10th anniversary AA710 stretches same like standard 710... think tomorrow I have to start to use belt and thighs are now really comfortable ...

lee ... why you just not buy W38/L31 and simply cuff them ?  80 % of my jeans I cuff ... on my 34/36 I have double cuff...

Edited by vIGGiou riou

On 4/19/2020 at 10:19 AM, dawei94 said:

The store in the Bay Area that carries Resolute is called Brogue, they relocated from Menlo Park to San Carlos because the Menlo Park location was small. New store is much less cramped

Kind of late on this but shit did they? Kind of a bummer, never had a chance to go but makes sense for a bigger store but man the Menlo Park location is way more convienent haha

Edited by d-rew12

yeah b_F. first measuring when they were fresh without even to try them looked menacing ... and I measured after 2 days of wear today morning and they are really my size now ...

fresh measure tag 34/36 in inches :

W 33,4 / front r 11,4 / back r 15,1 / upper thigh 12,6 / knee 8,5 !!!!! / hem 7,9 / inseam 34,1

after 2 days :

W 34,5 / fr r 11,4 / back r 15,4 !!! / up thigh 13 / knee 8,8 !!! / hem and inseam same like before ...

So does anyone have measurements for a pair of 710's 38x34? :ph34r: Just looked back through the thread and didn't see anything.
BiG removed their product page for the 710 (not sure why, maybe just because they're out of stock) so can't fall back on that.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:50 AM, edmond said:

dont worry i will ask him when... its gonna come out but i think it will be another year

Yo Ed, I haven't had time to watch your interview with Hayashi-san. Did you manage to find out more information on the next iteration of denim he'll use?

10 hours ago, Broark said:

So does anyone have measurements for a pair of 710's 38x34? :ph34r: Just looked back through the thread and didn't see anything.
BiG removed their product page for the 710 (not sure why, maybe just because they're out of stock) so can't fall back on that.

I have a pair en route to myself.  Will update at beginning of next week. 

@propellerbeanie I've watched the live and re-asked the question. It will be out in 2021. But the rest is secret. Hayashi-san didn't want to talk more about it. It's probable that the warp and weft used will be darker because of unbleached cotton. I've seen a prototype at Superstitch Paris :)

Thanks for the update @Collin! Interesting to see how it will look. 

I decided to let my 36x36 go and replace it with an 34x33 for a more fitted look. Just tried them on for the first time. They were bought from Jinji in France and to my surprise they included the 10th anniversary bandana. Means I don't have to buy the AA710 ;)

20200505_124616.thumb.jpg.d76a887951ad8ec7ea60c32c76a28602.jpg20200505_124635.thumb.jpg.e89b57a3e902a25f270317fd6a288293.jpg

I will probably wear them without a belt in the future 

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

They fit you well, Hayashi-san approved with the Paraboots as well.
I threw on a pair of old OA02's yesterday and it reminded me that whenever I want a 60's inspired jeans I should just continue to reach for those.
I know you've had both b_F, care to compare the two? I think the OAs have more room in the thigh compared to the 710, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I have numerous Resolute 710 (size 30-31-32-33) and OOE 32 from their XX2 model (before the threading mills burndown during last Typhoon season).

Comparing the OOE02 in 32 and resolute 710 32: Resolute have more space in the waist, lower rise. I have to wear a belt to hold them properly but could do without (no need for a belt on OOE). The top block is also "straighter" in the resolute meaning that it's less curved like OOE. Resolute going down is overall slimmer. 

@beautiful_FrEaK I prefer the upsized version with more room. But it's a neat style on you and I think someone can have 2 Resolute, one upsize for larger fits and a more slim for "chic casual" look or for the office for example

Edited by Collin

Thank you both for the info, I’ll probably stick with the 02 cut as it’s about as slim as I like these days. I put on my 711’s yesterday and immediately was annoyed by the back rise so it got me thinking about the 710 sized up.

Yeah, 711 is a good cut but the low rise is certainly the deal breaker that push me not to wear it. Upsized 710 on the other hand is comfy, still on the slimmer side than "straight cuts" and larger waist is not a problem with a belt

I find that while the front rise in the 710 is high, the back rise doesn't feel as relatively high... not that that is a bad thing.  for example the Roy R01 has a very high front rise and a very high back rise

The back rise on the white 711's in the photos above looks very low.

b_F I had the opposite problem from you -- the white 36/36 are perfect for me while the blue denim 34/36 are just a touch tight in the thigh -- I may have to let those go

Edited by wmb

1 hour ago, wmb said:

I find that while the front rise in the 710 is high, the back rise doesn't feel as relatively high... not that that is a bad thing.  for example the Roy R01 has a very high front rise and a very high back rise

Cosigned. I have the 710 in size 36x36. Front rise is 11.25", back rise is 15". The OA02 size 38 front rise is 12.5" and the back rise is just over 17" which is almost identical to the Roy R01 (Self Edge version 1 with cloth patch) size 36. I love the OA xx3 denim but prefer the fit of the 710 and R01.

wmb wait with decision 2 - 3 days of wear. When I tried my new AA710 in size 34/36 I was little bit scruple if they will work in that slim cut... but now after 5 days I am completely sure, that my decision of size was right... as standard 710, white's are stretching like hell ... and as b_F's pair, my 710 in size 36/36 will go ...