RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

Hi I am a new member here and I just ordered a Resolute 710 One wash from Bears. This will be my first Japanese Denim! I ordered a 36W X 29L. It should be here in a few days and I am pretty stoked!

Nostalgia

3 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Anyone know where i can order a pair of 710s in a size 38?

Sapporo-Base seems to have size 38 in various leg lengths in both the one-wash and raw. If in doubt, you can always contact them because I've done so in the past and their English isn't bad!

Zabou has them as well.

Edited by propellerbeanie

On 4/6/2020 at 7:35 AM, 1fookntitefd said:

Does anyone have measurements for a size 38 raw post shrink? Or should I just assume that they will be the same as the one wash measurements posted on the BIG site?

I think I also posted some measurements of my size 38 one wash a few pages back. Depending on how you wash you could easily get less shrinkage but probably safe to assume one wash is what you'd get.

Edit: Also saw you were looking for a size 38. Shit man, sadly I sold my 38 a few months back for cheap. I'm in the Bay too, so could've tried them on. Bummer, but there is a shop in downtown Menlo Park that sells resolute (won't do much good now though). Can't remember the name but a block or two up from Mikes Cametra.

Edited by d-rew12

1 hour ago, lee porter said:

Hi there what’s the general feeling on the 712s I much prefer the  712 fit I think it’s a brilliant fit but doesn’t get talked about much was just wondering what others think 

To be honest, I much prefer wearing jeans that have a button fly and am unfortunately quite stubborn in that regard, which is why I've never considered trying the 712. I don't think I'll be changing my stance anytime soon since there are many button fly options out there in different fabrics and fits. The slight snob in me automatically puts jeans with zips into the "no" pile... Not that I'm particularly proud of that, but maybe others are in the same boat?

• 2 weeks later...

@edmond wrote thoses a couple time on the thread that Resolute had a few different denim over the years with little changes to fine tune what Hayashi-san consider perfection. I also talked to superstitchparis whom is the official resolute dealer for Europe and he was testing a new denim in 2019 on a pair of 710. I’ve seen it in person and it was a little bit darker when new because cotton was less white.