RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

I’ve got a pair of 711’s that I scored on Yahoo awhile back, but I find the rise too low on the size 36 that I have. Probably wouldn’t be too bad if I wore them for a bit, just wonder if the 710 would have a little more room up top comparatively. I also wonder if the denim used is any different?

For those wondering, I own the 711 (32/32) and recently purchased the 710 (33/33). Here's the comparison of measurements fresh from the mailbag. They were both one-wash.

711 OW - size 32/32

Waist 40cm
Front rise 27.75cm
Back rise 37cm
Thigh 32.75cm
Knee 24.75cm
Hem 22.5cm
Inseam 76cm

710 OW - size 33/33

Waist 40cm
Front rise 28cm
Back rise 38cm
Thigh 30.5cm
Knee 21.5cm
Hem 19.25cm
Inseam 78cm

Still busy af, so haven't taken any pictures of me wearing both. Maybe I'll have time tomorrow morning... Also, the rise of the 711 stretched a bit but don't have proper measurements on hand. I'll update y'all on the worn-in measurements soon.

In terms of proportion, it's hard for me to say... The 711 might seem disproportionate because it's based on the kid's version of the '50s 501 which must have had different proportions compared to the adult version (I believe that's because Hayashi-san determined that the adult 501 was not suitable for Japanese body shapes whereas the kid's one was). If my 711 had thighs, knees, and hems that were around 1cm to 1.5cm smaller, then it would be similar to my LVC '66 cut. I guess the 710 looks more proportionate as a slim jean but that could be quite subjective.

The denim is different as well. Off the top of my head, I can't say how, but can also update later.

8 hours ago, lee porter said:

Thanks bobby Still no leg twist though  :-/

Upon further reading/research (if I can call it that), it seems that some 710s will just never develop leg twist =/ I'm honestly not sure why this would be the case and still remains a mystery to me. Does it depend on what part of the roll is used? I can't imagine they would be sewn differently? These pictures show 710s that have clearly been worn and washed so I really don't know.

Taken from the Piisu JP website...

20140418_8f76c5.jpg

And taken from Zabou...

710W30L34-2.jpg?20130116175726

710W30L31.jpg?20130116175719

On 12/1/2019 at 6:05 AM, propellerbeanie said:

ht seem disproportionate because it's based on the kid's version of the '50s 501 which must have had different proportions compared to the adult version (I believe that's because Hayashi-san determined that the adult 501 was not suitable for Japanese body shapes whereas the kid's one was). If my 711 had thighs, knees, and hems that were around 1cm to 1.5cm smaller, then it would be similar to my LVC '66 cut. I guess the 710 looks more proportionate as a slim jean but that could be quite subjective.

You are right, that's what Hayashi-san said and that's the reason why I probably never will try the 711. If it's opimized for Japanese guys, I'm definitely not the target group :D

I got my 710s now. The size is good but I don't know if I like the fit. They are pretty slim around my thighs. I'm thinking of washing them so I know I got all shrinkage out of them and then try them on for a couple of days.

2019-12-03_07-01-40

I got a Bandana :)

Edited by tigerstrom

On 12/4/2019 at 8:08 AM, tigerstrom said:

Thanks! :)

No, I didn't get much more shrinkage even with the dryer. The legtwist and roping became even more visible, and the inseam got 2cm shorter but that's about it @SmokeStackLightning

If yours got ~2cm shorter for the one-wash, I should chuck my pair in for a spin before I continue wearing mine.

I'm jealous of your bandana too. I've gotten stickers but unfortunately no bandanas!

Update: I hot machine washed and tumble dried my pair... The inseam lost around 2cm but all other dimensions basically stayed the same. Denim is also a bit softer/easier to wear now.

Edited by propellerbeanie