RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

Did something I didn't need (but wanted) to... Measurements for those interested:

Waist 40cm
Front rise 28cm
Back rise 38cm
Thigh 30.5cm
Knee 21.5cm
Hem 19.25cm
Inseam 78cm

20191126_170530.thumb.jpg.75eadcca429624e1232f07269addccd0.jpg

I'll take some more pics and a fit pic later. Definitely my slimmest pair, but still a welcome addition

4 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

It really says something when someone wears a piece of clothing for so long, and then get the exact same thing when it wears out. 

Agree that it's a strong statement.

Maxpower, what makes this pair so special? I've seen you thrash many pairs of samurai, warehouse, etc...but it seems like you wear resolute the longest?

22 hours ago, Max Power said:

IMG_20191125_100500.jpg

Nice one Flo! The denim on this picture looks quite darker and streakier than the denim looked on previous versions.
Ed said something that Hayashi-san changed the denim 2 or 3 times already so maybe this pair will also turn out different than your old pair :)

5 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

@Max Power Relocating the red tab for this pair or leaving as is?

Yes, I will do that on this pair as well.

@Cold Summer

I will try to wear them a bit longer before the first wash as my last pair came pre-owned. But I will still wash it as often as they need it. 

@HGS

Cheers Mate! 

@1fookntitefd

What I like about the pair is not only the denim and fading but also the cut. It's slim yet comfy and I just love that they are some sort of an understatement pair. And they fade just like back in the days, roping, leg twist and colour are on point. 

It says a lot about hayashi that he keeps making this his main model and not trying gimmicks like heavy denim, neps, golden buttons etc. 

Edited by Max Power

I bought them from Frans Boone in Netherlands. I've never bought anything from them before but the price was about the same as if I ordered them from Japan (if they get stuck in Swedish customs, which they always do) 

I think they might be short for you @Max Power I got 36/33 :)

23 hours ago, Broark said:

I’d like a pair of 710’s someday, need to thin the collection out a bit. Probably would pick up a 38x34 and wash how Hayashi-San recommends. The rise on the 710 is higher than the 711, correct?

Yes, as far as I know. I find the rise to be perfect, just in the middle between too low and too high. 

On 11/29/2019 at 6:29 PM, Broark said:

I’d like a pair of 710’s someday, need to thin the collection out a bit. Probably would pick up a 38x34 and wash how Hayashi-San recommends. The rise on the 710 is higher than the 711, correct?

I had pairs of both in my hands today. FWIW took very quick rough measurements (*so  definitely need validating elsewhere*) - on one wash pairs the rise was just on the 11 inch mark on both.

711 much wider and straighter. 710 slimmer and tapered which, to my eye, seemed more suited to the rise.

Sure this is more accurately covered above though!