RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

8 hours ago, lee porter said:

No I wasn’t expecting any more shrinkage that’s what I think is brilliant about resolute is they don’t shrink anymore no matter what you do but was expecting a nice leg twist is there any one else with a pair or 710 with out leg twist 

Do you have any photos of your pair? I'd be interested to see the 710 featuring no leg twist. Generally the left leg is very twisted, but the right leg can either have none or a noticeable amount. I know it's a different fabric, but my 711s don't have much of a twist either.

If you look at the Sapporo-Base clothing store (where the below pictures were taken from), you'll see that for the top photo, the right leg has twisted as well as the left leg, albeit not as crazy as it could be. The bottom photo shows no leg twist for the right leg but a considerable amount for the left (passed the centre point).

20170709_04.jpg?t=20170709190146

20170709_03.jpg?t=20170709190201

Edited by propellerbeanie
A word

btw, I emailed Sapporo-Base for some measurements of the OW 710 in 32/33 and 33/33 (because I'm tossing up between those two sizes). Here are the results for anyone's future reference... I asked if they could measure it the BiG way

710 W32 L33
WAIST 40×2=80cm
FRONT RISE 28.5cm
BACK RISE 38cm
UPPER THIGH 30.5cm
KNEE 21cm
LEG OPENING 20cm
INSEAM 78cm

710 W33 L33
WAIST 41×2=82cm
FRONT RISE 29cm
BACK RISE 39cm
UPPER THIGH 31cm
KNEE 21.5cm
LEG OPENING 20cm
INSEAM 78cm

I'm leaning towards the 33/33 even though the waist is bigger than what I'd usually begin with... It's mostly because of the knee measurement even if it's negligible.

@lee porter It seems that this guy has a pair that doesn't have a lot of leg twist. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that these were the OW version as well.

On 11/3/2017 at 5:03 PM, plant said:

Love the fit on these guys. Thanks for the help everyone.

Went with a 29 in the end, waist stretches out a fair bit, but I don't seem to have the crazy leg twist like I've seen on many others. 

IMG_6611.JPG

36 minutes ago, propellerbeanie said:

btw, I emailed Sapporo-Base for some measurements of the OW 710 in 32/33 and 33/33 (because I'm tossing up between those two sizes). Here are the results for anyone's future reference... I asked if they could measure it the BiG way

710 W32 L33
WAIST 40×2=80cm
FRONT RISE 28.5cm
BACK RISE 38cm
UPPER THIGH 30.5cm
KNEE 21cm
LEG OPENING 20cm
INSEAM 78cm

710 W33 L33
WAIST 41×2=82cm
FRONT RISE 29cm
BACK RISE 39cm
UPPER THIGH 31cm
KNEE 21.5cm
LEG OPENING 20cm
INSEAM 78cm

I'm leaning towards the 33/33 even though the waist is bigger than what I'd usually begin with... It's mostly because of the knee measurement even if it's negligible.

Thanks for the measurements.
Keep in mind, the denim is pretty stretchy...at least in the waist. If you plan to wear them without a belt, take the 32. Otherwise the 33 might be safer, also because the hips are cut rather snug.

On 11/7/2019 at 7:23 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Thanks for the measurements.
Keep in mind, the denim is pretty stretchy...at least in the waist. If you plan to wear them without a belt, take the 32. Otherwise the 33 might be safer, also because the hips are cut rather snug.

Yeah, that's something I've been reading all over the place. I guess I'm not too unfamiliar with jeans starting larger in the waist and haven't had any issues in the past slapping on a belt from the beginning. I agree, and I'm leaning towards the 33 because it seems like the safer option... I don't have particularly large hips, but it's more the mid-thigh to mid-calf area that I'm a bit worried about. Getting the 33 will mean that I could wear them a bit lower on the waist to give slightly more room in those trouble areas. 

Edit: Might just go with the size 32 actually. Will update with my decision later =P

On 10/26/2019 at 7:36 PM, SuperJackle said:

Hey @beautiful_FrEaK, looks like totem brand totally stole part of your write up to use as their product description... https://totembrandco.com/products/resolute-710-slim-straight-one-wash-denim-31-inch-inseam?variant=15733119287405

Look, Brogue Shop stole the same part from my review. Or they stole it from Totem Brand or vice versa. Anyway, you would think those shops would be a little creative on their own.
https://www.brogueshop.com/products/resolute-slim-straight-one-washed-denim-710?variant=12703937232983

15 hours ago, lee porter said:

Oops sorry for terrible pictures no leg twist though 

Nice fit, but what do the seams look like when laid flat..? With more washing and tumble drying, I think it'll eventually develop a bit of leg twist. Maybe not as much as others though... I guess time will tell

Just a quick poopoo picture of my 711 jeans (I'll take some more/better photos tomorrow). I've only started to wear them again in the past month. Washed a couple of times as well. By the way, the back rise stretched from 37cm to 40cm (size 32) which was a nice surprise.

20191114_135441-01.thumb.jpeg.7fb200600861a0827350350061494a46.jpeg

Still haven't pulled the trigger on the 710... 

Many thanks, guys. I guess I've been considering it to be short because I'm used to cuffing my straighter/wider leg jeans. I'll try to take some pics with me wearing shoes (and some detail shots)

@beautiful_FrEaK Are you still a size 34 in the 710?

No I wear size 36 nowadays.
But I always buy them one-wash so they are smaller and look better from the get go than the raw pairs which need more time to shrink down.

Size 34 is too tight in the thighs and also hip area is a bit restricting. If I would let them raw or only cold wash it could work....but I rather wash Resolute regularly and warm

26 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

No I wear size 36 nowadays.
But I always buy them one-wash so they are smaller and look better from the get go than the raw pairs which need more time to shrink down.

Size 34 is too tight in the thighs and also hip area is a bit restricting. If I would let them raw or only cold wash it could work....but I rather wash Resolute regularly and warm

Thanks for the info! I've been flip-flopping with size. Was first thinking 33 then 32 and now I think 33 :wacko:

3 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Where are you located? Any local or domestic shops were you can buy both pairs and see which fits better?

I'm from Australia, but no shops that I know of stock Resolute otherwise I'd give them a try. Been doing a bit of reading though, and I reckon the bigger size will be the safest option...

Side note Zabou Tokyo is having their Resolute Fair over the next week. Hayashi-san will be there on the 16th and 17th so I wonder whether he'll be doing any jeans signing.

Mhh...I don't know any Australian retailers of Resolute.
As far as I know, in the past Hayashi also signed jeans that were sold online if he visits the store. I think this was available with Bears. If you order from Zabou it would be worth a try.
Buy both, for slim days and fat days :D

My 710's are still my favorite pair. Effortless and goes with everything. They remind me of mall 501 STF's if you size down, but a touch higher rise and much nicer material.

Trying to hold off on a first wash a bit longer. Haven't worn anything else for three weeks now, with a lot of 15-16 hour days.

Stretching wise, I am glad the waist and rear end have not got too loose. I wore a tight belt from day 1 though to help avoid that.

I saw the owner recommends washing them right side out, don't know if I have the stones for that just yet.

14 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Mhh...I don't know any Australian retailers of Resolute.
As far as I know, in the past Hayashi also signed jeans that were sold online if he visits the store. I think this was available with Bears. If you order from Zabou it would be worth a try.
Buy both, for slim days and fat days :D

Lol yeah that was probably me you're remembering because my 711s were signed by him when he went to Bears. These days, it feels like it every day has been a fat day haha

Also, this is my 711 from the front

20191115_142710-01.thumb.jpeg.69929c81e2be6cc755b5be1260a35a6c.jpeg