RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

9 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

^^Wow, those look great! How frequently did you wash those?

depends. sometimes, between 3 -4 months interval. if i've been wearing them for awhile, i would just chuck them in for a wash randomly before or after i come back from a holiday. don't really keep track but i'd say it's about that..

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking into the 710 for a new pair in the next couple months. 

Is there much aging difference between the raw and one wash version?

Leaning towards the one wash at the moment for simple ease. I planned on warm washing and using the dryer with them fairly often.

If you want to wash and dry often,  I would also take the one-wash version. In general I prefer the one-wash Resolute jeans anyway. 

I had the raw version but sold them because they were to big (as I didn't shrink them enough) just to come back to the same size but in one-wash and I'm much happier. Fitted better and no surprises down the line

On 10/19/2019 at 7:37 AM, SmokeStackLightning said:

I was looking into the 710 for a new pair in the next couple months. 

Is there much aging difference between the raw and one wash version?

Leaning towards the one wash at the moment for simple ease. I planned on warm washing and using the dryer with them fairly often.

I got the one-wash version and agree with beautiful FrEaK, no surprises with sizing and they fit wonderfully. I dry mine in the dryer, too, and they haven't shrunk past the one-wash measurements.

@beautiful_FrEaK I'm curious what he was explaining on the fitting session! 

I got the 710 in from Naoki, great service as always from him. I really like the 710, sophisticated and exactly what I wanted. The nice pocket openings and pocket fabric are making me really, really like them. I haven't worn anything else since Thursday evening and am going to try and stick to them for awhile. 

@tigerstrom been wearing my 710 since Friday. They are size 36. Feel wider at the waist than the GBG001. The hip is 0.5" smaller also the front rise is 0.75" lower. Back rise and thighs are the same.

If you have the GBG001 in 35, getting the 710 in 34 is a gamble. Rather get the 36 like me and wash more often and use the dryer if you like.

I stopped wearing my 711s for a year because I got distracted by all the other denim offerings from various brands. Recently started wearing my pair again, and damn, are they comfortable. No noticeable fading while they're on, but when they're off, I can see some development; it's no rush, however. The only issue I have is the inseam length... Kinda sucks that it's either 32 (which is what I have) or 36 because 34 would have been perfecto. I can probably take a couple of new photos of how they fit over the next couple of weeks if anyone's keen because the 711 is not as popular as the 710.

In saying all this, I'm back on the mission to give the 710 a go despite it being noticeably slimmer. Does anyone own both the 711 and the 710? I might have to go up a size in the 710 to allow for a bit more thigh space, but I worry that it'll be too sloppy in the waist (even with a belt).