RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ the same as on the one-wash pair ;) no, seriously this depends on your washing regime but if you wash in the machine at normal settings they will end up the same. And if you use the dryer as Hayashi-san suggests, it will shrink beyond one-wash measurements 

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got myself a pair! Grabbed a pair of the 710s while in Tokyo last week. They're a little tight so not sure I should've bought them but oh well haha. The store guy said no stretch for one wash which seems weird so I know they'll stretch but might be pretty minimal

9zyek8.jpg

2ch6f76.jpg

11 hours ago, d-rew12 said:

Finally got myself a pair! Grabbed a pair of the 710s while in Tokyo last week. They're a little tight so not sure I should've bought them but oh well haha. The store guy said no stretch for one wash which seems weird so I know they'll stretch but might be pretty minimal

You should be fine if they are a little tight in the waist. Mine stretched 1.25"-1.50" in the waist after 5-10 wears. The 710 is a wonderful cut. Nice pick up!

2 hours ago, Josh'N'Roll said:

You should be fine if they are a little tight in the waist. Mine stretched 1.25"-1.50" in the waist after 5-10 wears. The 710 is a wonderful cut. Nice pick up!

That's good to hear! the thighs are a little tight as well but I wanted a slim cut and I could probably afford to lose a bit of weight anyways :blush:.

And thank you! I almost didn't end up grabbing them but my brother convinced me to go to the store since we were close. Glad I did! Just need to get them hemmed so I can rock the hayashi-san look! Whether I can pull it off though is another story... 

I second Josh, Resolute will stretch a good amount on the waist. Not so much in the thighs though. 

What inseam do you need? The 710 comes in plenty of inseam length so you often don't have to hem. But your pair is a size 38 if I saw that correctly? Probably a rare size not stocked in all variations 

On 6/7/2019 at 7:29 PM, Ciabatta said:

If they don't work out ill take them off your hands!

They're a size 38, but send me a PM if you're serious!

EDIT: Going to edit instead of double post, @Broark I saw you have a pair of 711s. I am a little worried about the lower rise compared to the 710 (although I am a size up from you), what is the rise at after a bit of stretch if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by d-rew12

@d-rew12 I can get some measurements for you this evening, the denim stretches fairly easily. The rise on the 711 is a little lower than I like, but wearable. I think if I were to buy a pair of 710 I would probably go up to a 38 since they’re a bit slimmer through the leg and thigh.

5 hours ago, Broark said:

@d-rew12 I can get some measurements for you this evening, the denim stretches fairly easily. The rise on the 711 is a little lower than I like, but wearable. I think if I were to buy a pair of 710 I would probably go up to a 38 since they’re a bit slimmer through the leg and thigh.

Awesome, thank you! Yeah I'm finding the 710s are just a little too slim (but perfect knee down) so was thinking of the 711 and just having them tapered. But then I saw the 711s have a lower rise so I am curious. If the rise was the same as the 710 I'd be good haha. 

@d-rew12 here you go! I like these a lot, just haven't worn them much since I've got so many others in rotation...

Waist: 37 in.
Front rise: 11.5 in.
Back rise: 16 in.
Thigh: 13.5 in.
Knee: 9.5 in.
Hem: 9 in.
Length: 31 in.

Thank you for the measurements! Those look pretty good! Rear rise is solid but front is a little low but my 0500s had the same so if I size up they should be perfect.

While browising google, I actually found a menswear shop about 25 minutes away (Brogue) that stocks Resolutes. Kind of funny, wish I had know about them sooner... But looks like I get to go try on some 711s in person! Thanks again for those measurements!

Finally got a Resolute 710 in size 33, sizing up from what I normally wear. The fit is what I wanted from a long time, giving me a slim look with my big thighs and butt. Very happy with the fit. The fabric is like what everyone here talks about. Here are some photos after hem.

48113806133_b427fb73e1_c.jpg

48113766146_1b3cea188b_c.jpg

Edited by Fadlan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...