RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

Are the front and back rises on Resolute jeans quite low? I've been interested in the 711 (the straightest fit from what I've been reading), but on a size 30, the front and back rise seem to only be around 26cm and 34cm respectively. Was hoping that the front rise would be closer to 28cm and the back rise to be around 38cm. 

Thanks for the info, guys. I think I might have to give it a miss because of the rise. I guess I could size up, but it doesn't seem like there's much of a difference even when you go up a couple of sizes. Plus, I find it a bit uncomfortable to go up too many sizes because it feels really odd having a loose waist to begin with (even if I can use a belt to cinch everything in). Maybe my tastes will change in the future, but for now, I'll live vicariously through everyone else in this thread haha

• 2 months later...

As requested, here are some fit pictures with my sweatshirt pulled up so you can see where they sit. I'm really happy with how loose these jeans are, and I ended up doing an extra wash + tumble dry before wearing them. The left leg's outseam twisted a little more and the roping is more pronounced, but I have yet to do post-wash measurements (so I'm unsure if they've shrunken more). The length is typically shorter than most of my jeans, but I kinda wanted a loose-fitting pair where I could do a small single cuff with sneakers.

Zt3gOMZ.jpg

glap8UQ.jpg

QfI0Ucg.jpg

Looking into buying my first pair of Resolute (710 preferably), and was wondering if anyone knows how they compare to a pair of orSlow 107s? Rise, fit etc.

Sizewise I would guess I'm anywhere in the 29–30" range, seeing as I wear a size 1 in orSlow 107s, and have a couple of 29" 3sixteens, but the 3sixteens fit too snuggly, especially in the thighs. I would rather have some room in the waist than no room in the thighs.

Edited by garsag

2 hours ago, garsag said:

Looking into buying my first pair of Resolute (710 preferably), and was wondering if anyone knows how they compare to a pair of orSlow 107s? Rise, fit etc.

Sizewise I would guess I'm anywhere in the 29–30" range, seeing as I wear a size 1 in orSlow 107s, and have a couple of 29" 3sixteens, but the 3sixteens fit too snuggly, especially in the thighs. I would rather have some room in the waist than no room in the thighs.

https://blueingreensoho.com/collections/resolute/products/710-slim-straight-jeans

5 hours ago, garsag said:

I am 5’8” and 145 lbs. I wear a 1 in the OrSlow 107, but the 29 in the topblock of the 710 was too snug on me. The size 30 was a lot more comfortable. Also, pay attention to the inseam on the 710, as they can run small. Brogue carries multiple lengths:

https://www.brogueshop.com/collections/resolute

Thanks for the input!

Can anybody tell me the difference between https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bears/item/resolute-710/ and https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/cpoint/item/resolute710-28-34/ ? I'm guessing the latter is the rigid version, but these auto-translated Rakuten descriptions are not exactly something I trust with my money.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a pair of 710 raw (36x36) from Yuichi (Kaizoku-Pirates) a few weeks ago -- should have them in a week or so.  Held out for a few years, but the time had come.  All of your pics above, B_F's enabling over the years, and garden gnomes' Ooe reference, were just too much to overcome ;-)

John

Edited by JohnM