RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

13 hours ago, Niro said:

ah cool. Which do you prefer in terms of the feel of the denim?

I wouldn't say I had a favourite, the resolutes are a bit boring at the start. I bet though you have nothing like them already (unless you have some LVC, or even some SDA) so maybe worth a go.

On 4/20/2017 at 11:00 AM, LQW said:

Well well well... A pair of nwt one wash 710s showed up at my door today, courtesy of buyee and yahoo auctions. 

I think I will be wearing this pair... Very often.  I ended up sizing up one to 29.  Some thoughts: love the fit and I like how's there's some room to stretch. The fabric is really comfortable and almost a metallic gray blue compared to everything else I own. Seems to be one color of orange stitching throughout but that's no deal breaker.  The last pic is a comparison against my sd-103 which is a much deeper indigo even after two washes. Sorry for the terrible pictures as well :P

IMG_1754.JPG

IMG_1818.JPG

IMG_1831.JPG

IMG_1845.JPG

IMG_1848.JPG

IMG_1850.JPG

IMG_1854.JPG

Looks good!

6 minutes ago, mrman said:

Thanks, that's big enough! Do they ship outside of Japan or do you need a proxy?

Yep Naoki-san (PSA) ships internationally. 

Edited by Niro

No, I have a couple of hiking trousers in lighter and quicker drying material that I plan to wear.

I'm very ambivalent towards modern sports and outdoor gear. So much of it is plain ugly, the production of high-tech materials is often bad for the environment, and companies promote replacing stuff every time something new and supposedly improved appears.

I try to keep it simple with clothes in wool and cotton, shoes mostly made of leather. Jeans would probably work in good weather but are uncomfortable to wear (and very heavy) when wet. Plus they take ages to dry. 

I'm bringing jeans for looking smart when going to the pub or out to eat after the day's walk though! 

Just got back in town and picked up my 711's, they fit really nicely! The waist is a little snug, but I'm wearing them and I can tell they're stretching out.
I'll post some pictures later, but I love how fuzzy the fabric looks. Color-wise it reminds me of the pair of SDA D1538XX-B jeans I had previously and sold.