RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

I still don't really see why I like that fabric and colour, maybe it' just that it looks pretty simple and like nothing I usually would go for but is capable of such great things as we've seen on the page before.

Edited by Max Power

Thanks for the help. Naoki got back to me right away and made it simple. My denim will be on the way soon. I should have reached out earlier and I would have had them already. I saw that bf ordered from PSA and mentioned Naoki but I tried to find them and got diverted. I did order the 31 based on what others have said. I usually wear a 30 in many or a 31 for slimmer fits. I am going to wear these with no break but not high water(cant pull that off). I was asking about the taper because they will look good with no break as long as the lo is below 7.5 I think. When I look at Hayashi's they seem super narrow. Naoki recommended a 30 raw which should come out to a little over 28 washed. I am a little nervous about this. I will go back and measure where a no break would be for me. 

just received my 710's today. I went with the 31's at a 30 length. I put them through a warm wash and hang dry and put them on still damp. I think the length will be perfect, The waist seems good now but I am sure when they stretch out I will have wished I got the 30. I do not mind a slightly loose fit but I can not take a too tight fit. I will try to post a px tomorrow. My initial observation is the fit is a lot like my UES400's but I wear a 29 in those.

I do need to give a big thanks to bf for hooking me up with Naoki. That guy is great , very quick service and prompt responses to my emails.

BF is a great resource for all things selvedge, thank you!

just received my 710's today. I went with the 31's at a 30 length. I put them through a warm wash and hang dry and put them on still damp. I think the length will be perfect, The waist seems good now but I am sure when they stretch out I will have wished I got the 30. I do not mind a slightly loose fit but I can not take a too tight fit. I will try to post a px tomorrow. My initial observation is the fit is a lot like my UES400's but I wear a 29 in those.

Indeed, they are pretty similar - romy thighs, tapered leg. Curious to see a fitpic.

this is the fitpx after two wears and one warm wash . They look fine here but I have some diaper butt going on in the back. The waist is comfortable but the seat is too full. Fit similar to my Oki's but have more taper.

IMG_9945_zps9yia9wk4.jpg

I actually like that fit. Better than having a ''hungry bum'' and a strained button fly when they're too tight. The diaper fit will settle in time as the denim molds to your shape and softens. I do think you could clean up the fit a little by making the cuff bigger though.

just received my 710's today. I went with the 31's at a 30 length. I put them through a warm wash and hang dry and put them on still damp. I think the length will be perfect, The waist seems good now but I am sure when they stretch out I will have wished I got the 30. 

Do you have post-wash measurements handy, lsaylor? Cheers. 

yes , it's a tough call on the size. I do feel a 30 will be a little tight on the waist and the thighs. I will have to wait on the denim to drape more naturally and evolve. 

just getting going this morning, will post pw measurements when I get home. I do know that the inseam shrunk 2 inches.

If I'm a 34 in the Warehouse 800 and 33/34 in Fullcount 1101, should I go with 34 or 36 in the Resolute 710?  Where, if anywhere, is the 710 cut least generous -- e.g., waist, hips, or thighs?

John M - I have both a w34 and w36 in the 710's and believe it or not both fit. They are stretchy. The w36 pair are most comfortable up top but they have heaps of room (prob too much) in the seat and thighs. The 34 is much better up top but slightly tight on the thigh.

For comfort purposes my w36 get most wear. Aesthetically I prefer the slimmer silhouette of the w34.

I am a w33 in the 1101 and w34 in the Warehouse lot900.

Edited by cmo

Do you have post-wash measurements handy, lsaylor? Cheers. 

Mandel here are my post wash measurements BIG way-

W- 31, R- 11.25, BR- 15, UT- 11.75, K-8.25, LO- 7.75, Inseam-28

If I'm a 34 in the Warehouse 800 and 33/34 in Fullcount 1101, should I go with 34 or 36 in the Resolute 710?  Where, if anywhere, is the 710 cut least generous -- e.g., waist, hips, or thighs?

For me the measurement that is restrictive is the waist. My 31's measure 31 after a warm wash and 2 wears. I should say I thought they would be restrictive but they are TTS. That is the bottom line with these jeans. Remember I bought them raw. What I was reading in the forum was how people were talking about how small the one wash pairs were. One post in particular that worried me was a pair of ow 32's that measured 30.5 in the waist. My pair are very comfortable and will look great when they "fall" but a sz 30 would have been better no doubt. I wear 30 in Samurai 710's, FH 3009(kinda tight), Fullcount 1101's(kinda loose), OKI's( kinda loose but waist was too tight at first), UES400T's( oh, that is wrong- I wear 29's in these) anyway I hope this helps.

I need to post my picture soon.

Can someone tell me how do I upload the pictures to the forum?

^_^

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/115303-public-service-announcement-posting-images/

i use imgur and you can use photo bucket. just upload your pics and copy the image address, paste the image address after clicking the photo icon when posting in sufu