RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

I've been using Ooe & Y:s exclusively for about the last five years but decided to order these (710). Feels like cheating, excited and ashamed at the same time. :)

I hope I got the sizing right, these shrink from the tag size, right? Like Ooe&Y's...

Edited by moykky

Wonderfull pair of jeans. To my surprise they're actually a bit slimmer on the top part than Ooe's 02 -cut. This might be because they have more of an "antifit" cut than Ooe's. Also, the sizing seems pretty similar, Ooe's shrink maybe to a tad smaller size.

Wonderfull pair of jeans. To my surprise they're actually a bit slimmer on the top part than Ooe's 02 -cut. This might be because they have more of an "antifit" cut than Ooe's. Also, the sizing seems pretty similar, Ooe's shrink maybe to a tad smaller size.

Narrow hip on the resolutes, designed for slimmer Japanese dudes.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have measurements for a 32 but I have them in a 33 and they are tiny, I'm usually a size 32 in most jeans.

On a slightly different note, If anyone is interested I'm selling some resolute 713 size 32x32 brand new with tags.

These were bought in Bears, I was in a rush and accidentally picked up the 713 instead of 710. My flight home was later that day so didn't have time to do a swap.

£100 shipped anywhere.

Hi Guys, can anyone help me for the measurement 710 size 32?

Thanks

If you buy one-washed, expect them to be on the smaller side. I have a size 32 one-washed, and it arrived with the following measurements:

Waist: 30.5''

Rise: 11''

Thigh: 11.4''

Hem: 7.6''

The inseam is also considerably shorter than tagged size, e.g. mine is tagged 33'' inseam, but measured barely 31''

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of a stockist for these in NYC? Headed shortly and will visit BIG & Selfedge for the well known stuff. Just wondering if these will be available in any store? Would like the chance to try a few different sizes on.

Edited by cmo

Anyone know of a stockist for these in NYC? Headed shortly and will visit BIG & Selfedge for the well known stuff. Just wondering if these will be available in any store? Would like the chance to try a few different sizes on.

No retailer in NYC sells Resolute. In fact, I can't think of any US retailer carrying Resolute. Outside Japan, you can find the brand in Europe, such as Frans Boone.

• 4 weeks later...

I was super curious about that pair, as the measurements read like a perfect pair for me. And i was not disappointed - fitwise besides the Denime 66XX the 710 would be my favorite. I never was fond of the fabric, to be honest the greyish or lighter tone and plain regular weave made me think of APC or Cone denim. But on the other hand gives it that certain deadstock appeal. It was a nice surprise to see that the fabric feels heavier than I expected from that sacriligeous comparison. The pronounced leg twist alone proves that the fabric is special. The rest is kept minimalistic and looks like it takes long time to fade. But in fact that might be one of my next purchases - could make some nice decent office jeans with a great fit. And it also looks like fun to wear the shit out of these to see what character is hidden in them.

DSC_9481.jpg

DSC_9482.jpg

DSC_9483.jpg

DSC_9484.jpg

DSC_9485.jpg

DSC_9486.jpg

Edited by Max Power

Looks great Flo -- more roomy and comfortable up top than I would have expected, given comments that the 710 has a fairly trim top block.  Of course, it is a size 36, which is a bit larger than some of your other jeans.

How would you compare the fit to other cuts that we may be familiar with (e.g,. Warehouse 800, Samurai 710, FC 1101)?  I would guess the rise is a touch lower than some of these.

John

The fit reminded me of my UES 400T - roomy top block, pretty strong taper and a fairly slim leg opening. Exactly what I am looking for. Although the rise on the 710s should be a bit higher than that of the UES. So it's also not too far from the Samurai 710XX, a pretty modern cut. The 1101 has a lot more rise than the 710 which kinda felt out of context on a cut with such drastic taper. The OOE was not as tapered, more a slim-straight cut and tighter in the waist (both size 36). My favorite so far is the 710. Hope this helps.

BTW, does anybody know that website? http://hayashidesignoffice.com/news7.13_e.html

Interesting quote:

"Protip: It gets more fluffy the more you wash it.
If you want to wear it the right way, toss that sucker in the washing machine over and over again.
Put in some detergent, too. Just for kicks. Don't even turn it inside out. That way you'll get the pockets, edges, and seams."

I must admit, I begin to crave a pair.

Edited by Max Power

BTW, does anybody know that website? http://hayashidesignoffice.com/news7.13_e.html

Interesting quote:

If you want to wear it the right way, toss that sucker in the washing machine over and over again.

Put in some detergent, too. Just for kicks. Don't even turn it inside out. That way you'll get the pockets, edges, and seams."

Great stuff at that link Flo.  Hayashi is a very cool guy, doing it his own way.  As much as I like Red Wings and flannel work wear, it's great to see a guy wearing Weston oxfords and a button down shirt with his Resolute 710's.

Will be fun to see how these turn out given your monster fading skills. I've seen a bunch of killer pairs on Instagram so I'm pretty certain you've greatness ahead of you!

Oh, and the red tab looks good mate. I would probably have fucked it up!

Interesting quote:

man, this guy got balls - great one!

• 2 months later...