RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

Thanks for the input edmond, b_F, and cmo.

cmo, it appears you and I are the same size -- I'm also a w35 in the Samurai 710 and a w33 or 34 in the Fullcount 1101.  Are you happy you went with 36 rather than 34 on the Resolute 710.  How does the rise compare to the Samurai 710 or FC 1101?

b_F, to be sure I understand how a Resolute 710 (late '60s model) compares to a 711 ('50s model), would the 710 have a trimmer, straighter overall line vs. more room in the hips, thighs, and knees on a 711?

ed, you're a 34 in Samurai and are happy with 36 in Resolute?

Just want to be sure I have this straight before I add another much needed pair of jeans ;-)

Thanks.

John

P.S. ed, I know I should probably be going with your FC special run rather than taking a flyer on Resolute ;-)

Lower rise than 710 and also with a zipper is the 712 (aka 505 model IIRC).

711 has a button fly and is a '50s cut to my knowledge. At least it is wider than the 710

edit:

all 4 pairs are explained here:

http://resolute.jp/catalog.html

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

The rise on the 711's is not that high at all, but yes the other measurements are looser.

There doesn't seem to be that much difference in the two denims.

If you get a chance to measure the 711's front and back rise, it would be nice to know.

Do you know if rise differs between the 710 and 711?

Great looking jeans,  Not to be sacrilegious but (other than the leg twist) they look a bit like my much worn and loved pair of Levi's 550s with their even, overall fade, unlike many of the jeans we see here.

For those more knowledgeable than I (all of you!), what causes jeans to fade evenly vs. only on the creases?  Is it frequent washing or something else?

Great looking jeans,  Not to be sacrilegious but (other than the leg twist) they look a bit like my much worn and loved pair of Levi's 550s with their even, overall fade, unlike many of the jeans we see here.

For those more knowledgeable than I (all of you!), what causes jeans to fade evenly vs. only on the creases?  Is it frequent washing or something else?

More frequent washing.  The higher the contrast, and wear along the creases, the more time between washes.  Any jean can fade like the ones above, just toss them in the wash every dozen to twenty wears.    

• 4 weeks later...

So do the 710's waist measure and inch below tag size and then stretch back out to tagged size plus a half inch? Trying to decide sizes. I can fit into a 34 after a wash but I don't want them to stretch out too much. I don't think I could squeeze into a 33.

^^

Last time I did this exercise on my 710's in a size 34.

Freshly washed 16.5"

After a day or so of wearing 17.5"

These stretch quite a bit and I've since got a pair of 33's which I think will be better on the arse.

My advice; if the thighs are oK on a 33 then size down.

i wear both 34 and 36 and stretch like crazy.

i wear my 34 with paraboot and derbys

i wear my 36 with boots.

theyre lovely man. i swear we have smae width thighs and 34 feels just perfect even sitting down

theyre cut very roomy top block

Ed,

How's the front and back rise on the 710 compared to other jeans I'm familiar with (e.g., FC 1101/0105, Samurai 510 or 710)?  I think Yuichi mentioned a while back that it's not particularly high.

John

^ hey CMO would you care to share more infos with a fellow 36er?

I really like the 710 cut and might get a pair in the future. not particullary keen on the overwashed fades myself but I'd be curious to see how the denim will fade with a slighty harder approach to it.

my waist is always around 36 inches. Should I size accordingly or you believe they stretch well enough to even consider 34??? thighs are not a problem in either size for me.

I posted my measurements on the last page. I reckon the waist has prob stretched to 36 now. I went with the raw version and gave them a 40C wash before wearing. I am sure there is more shrink in them.

One wash w34 measure 84cms. Raw w34 measure 88cms. I reckon after wearing they will stretch back and past raw measurements. I may get the 34s raw and just wash them at 30C shrinkage permitting.

Edited by cmo

We're the same size cmo (35 in Samurai, 33 or 34 in FC 1101/0105).  Sounds like either 34 or 36 Resolute 710 would work, depending on the previous night's dessert.  How's the rise, front and back?