RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

Some more info from Naoki:

By the way the material of No.711 jeans is some more thin than the denim of DenimeXX ,because Mr. Hayasi says that the denim of Levi's is not so hard. He has aimed the real denim of 50's and 60's Levi's jeans, so the materials are not so hard. Maybe you can understand of him and after wearing it about half an year you can understand of him in deep part of denim. If you want hard denim , your image will be changed.

Has anybody else ordered these so far? If I buy it will definately from Naoki.

Don't want OW with such a crinkled patch:

mhb99-711_u07.jpg

and @undcvrsm: I don't think it's sold out. It shows just the waistxinseam options and it seems you can't choose the inseam. It's connected with the waist. But it's just a guess

these look nice, I like the leather patch...

I won't be owning a pair if they keep it this way tho, inseam on my size is just tooo short... :(

Shrinkage on Denime was kind of a mixed bag. The '66 seemed to shrink an inch or so below tagged while the XX shrank to more or less half an inch below. Also there seemed to be quite a difference between lots. There was a lot of confusion about sizing as a result.

The denim also stretched back out really quickly. I got my XX in my normal size and I''m glad I didn't size up. The thighs on that cut obviously were a lot bigger than the '66 though.

Is anyone else really pissed that the finished product didn't include the red tabs shown on the samples?

I don't care either way for arcuates/stitching, but Ive always liked how tabs break up the aesthetic to jeans' back-half. Moreover, tabs are something else to accrue wear as jeans age. I'm sure the denims great and all, but restoring the tabs was something that distinguished these from redesigned Denimes. Especially since I find Resolute's logoing to otherwise be a little 'modern.'

I'm sure Hayashi wants to avert any problems with Levis, but it seems like the tabs issue is kind of nebulous, since even Samurai and Warehouse (occasionally) went back to red tabs. Also that problem could be just as easily averted with tabs some other color (like FOB's).

• 3 weeks later...

The denim on these looks very flat, almost sanforized.

Also, from almost all the photos i've seen it seems that the sewing machine tension for the yoke stitching was set too high.

The biggest disappointment with these to me has been the shrinkage on the rise - back and front - after a cold machine cycle no detergent and drip dry although the legs are loose fitting still the rise has shrunk down so they are very low rise. Given they're meant to be a copy of 1955 501's I think they've made a big mistake on the cut or the denim used. They state that the denim is meant to be flat and representative of 501's from that era so the intention is clearly stated.