Takahiro Miyashita - The Soloist F/W 2010

herpsky

元「Number(N)ine(ナンバーナイン)」のデザイナー宮下貴裕氏が株式会社ソロイストを創設し代表取締役に就任、新ブラ ンド「TAKAHIROMIYASHITATheSoloIst.(タカヒロミヤシタザソロイスト)」を立ち上げたことがわかった。7月初旬頃にインスタレーション形式で1stコレクションを発表する予定。

宮下氏は、関係者に宛てた手紙で「この度、株 式会社ソロイストを創設する運びとなり、TAKAHIROMIYASHITATheSoloIst.として新しく歩き始める事に致しました。新たな決意をもって今まで以上にもの作りに取り組む所存でござ います。」と抱負を語り、7月初旬頃に1stコレクションを開催す る予定だと綴っている。

Rough translation

Takahiro Miyashita, the former designer of Number (N)ine, announced the launch of The Soloist, Ltd. and its clothing label TAKAHIROMIYASHITA TheSoloIst.

In early July, he will be presenting the collection for the upcoming F/W season. Instead of doing a runway show, he will be presenting his pieces as an installation (ala margiela).

Primarily menswear first. He *might* start womens at some point.

Got no pics but this will be pretty interesting

http://www.fashionsnap.com/news/2010/05/numbern.html

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Had an opportunity to see this collection in person at IF a few days ago, truly amazing construction and attention to detail on each piece. They had quite a bit of the collection; the rider's jacket, tank, vest, hoodie, hats, scarves, and the lounge pants. Mind exploding details on every piece, even the tanks looked handmade and distressed, and top quality materials. The extra work definitely filters down into the price, the rider's jacket was a hair under $3k. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.

• 2 weeks later...

goddamn, is this being carried anywhere in the US? NY or LA preferably?

UGHHH please show up on the 'market at some point, beautiful ridiculous vest and shirt!

• 2 weeks later...
Some pics of the actual stuff:

2010102473e015237316580.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2010102473e015237317029.jpg

2010102473e015237317150.jpg

e01523731751746.jpg

e01523731764884.jpg

From a Japanese OL(my wife) perspective:

ちょっとホムレッスみたい

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

tahahiromennonno.jpg

6 page Miyashita spread in the Men's Non-No for March '11I picked up today in JapantownSF for The Soloist. Very distinctive, I recognized the looks as his immediately flipping through. High Definition scans to come when I return home.

awesome! i need that grey knit in my life..

so are there any online stockists other than Garland, WTD&W/E, and Matou?

i agree, knits (love the high socks in this collection) + p75 vest&pants are the top pieces in this spread in my opinion...so many buttons. and they're all functional!

dont know of any other stocklists but i will post here if i do